What's new

How amazing will it be...

I get what you are saying but I call a win success. The goal of every game is to win. Maybe if whitt calls the offensive plays more aggressively byu gets a few pick 6's.
You never know. What I do know is that whitt went ultra conservative, byu almost cameback, and utah successfully won the game

I've seen this from Whitt for too long now, and there's no question in my mind that it kills the team's energy and reverses momentum.
I was working in Eugene, Oregon right after the Utes spanked the ducks, and many a duck fan told me what a great coach we had. I told them he was OK, but that he routinely had a problem of letting teams back into games by trying to run out the clock way too early in games. I was hoping maybe he'd change his strategy a bit this year after the ducks win, but I'm not surprised in the least that he hasn't.
Just to be clear, I'm not saying teams should never play that way. I just think Whitt tries to run out the clock way too early most of the time. It's the kind of strategy that turns a blowout win into a complete turn around. As weird as that game was, I know I'm not the only Ute fan that saw that comeback coming from a mile away. Whitt has become way too predictable in this aspect.

I've seen this from Whitt for too long now, and there's no question in my mind that it kills the team's energy and reverses momentum.
I was working in Eugene, Oregon right after the Utes spanked the ducks, and many a duck fan told me what a great coach we had. I told them he was OK, but that he routinely had a problem of letting teams back into games by trying to run out the clock way too early in games. I was hoping maybe he'd change his strategy a bit this year after the ducks win, but I'm not surprised in the least that he hasn't.
Just to be clear, I'm not saying teams should never play that way. I just think Whitt tries to run out the clock way too early most of the time. It's the kind of strategy that turns a blowout win into a complete turn around. As weird as that game was, I know I'm not the only Ute fan that saw that comeback coming from a mile away. Whitt has become way too predictable in this aspect.

Yep. So sick of him coaching not to lose after getting a lead. No killer instinct.

Fish are you mormon? Why do you even like BYU? Are you the only BYU fan in history who drinks?

Funny story, I went to an extended family gathering where the roles were reversed. My wife and I wore U of U gear, drove the mini van and probably talked about primary lessons.

My cousins wore BYU gear, drove monster trucks, have mullets and tatooes, and smoke. But may be they were really ute fans, because They did have some red Solo cups they never shared with anyone.

Great game. A lot of credit to Utah. Byu typically started slow in all of their games but with the exception of Michigan, always managed to keep it close. So credit goes to Utah for blowing the doors off in the first 8 mins of the first quarter.

Also, the game (in a way) played out exactly as I thought it would, Utah's d line flexing its muscles to create turnovers). So at first it wasn't surprising to me to see Mangum running for his life out there. BYU's o line has been an issue for years now.

However, the game ultimately didn't play out the way I thought it would. I figured it would be fairly close with Utah locking BYU down and winning something like 24-14. After the first quarter it looked like it might end 100-0.

Having said that, if that game goes another 5 mins don't we all think Byu ties it up? That Utah offense was painful to watch after the first quarter. The play calling and the QB play was awful. Wilson might be the worst 4 year starter I've ever seen. To be fair, his best WR is a 5 foot freshman. What the hell has Utah been recruiting these past few years on offense?

Could you imagine where Utah would be with BYU's backup QB and wrs on offense instead of Wilson and the crew? They'd be in the rose bowl!

Anyway, I feel great going ahead. I think Sitake will be awesome. He's going to recruit better. He's got a great personality. And a desire to take Byu to another level.

Utah has a solid program. A program that could compete with the LA schools for the division championship if they could ever figure out their offense.

PS those saying that Mangum merely chucks the ball up to his tall wrs need to watch him more. He throws the ball well on underneath routes too. The kid is just a baller. Remember, he was knocking doors in chile less than 8 months ago. I know it might hurt Utah fans to admit it, but our freshman backup QB who was in another hemisphere during spring ball is 100x better than your 4th year starter. With Mangum you're in the rose bowl right now.

Great game. A lot of credit to Utah. Byu typically started slow in all of their games but with the exception of Michigan, always managed to keep it close. So credit goes to Utah for blowing the doors off in the first 8 mins of the first quarter.

Also, the game (in a way) played out exactly as I thought it would, Utah's d line flexing its muscles to create turnovers). So at first it wasn't surprising to me to see Mangum running for his life out there. BYU's o line has been an issue for years now.

However, the game ultimately didn't play out the way I thought it would. I figured it would be fairly close with Utah locking BYU down and winning something like 24-14. After the first quarter it looked like it might end 100-0.

Having said that, if that game goes another 5 mins don't we all think Byu ties it up? That Utah offense was painful to watch after the first quarter. The play calling and the QB play was awful. Wilson might be the worst 4 year starter I've ever seen. To be fair, his best WR is a 5 foot freshman. What the hell has Utah been recruiting these past few years on offense?

Could you imagine where Utah would be with BYU's backup QB and wrs on offense instead of Wilson and the crew? They'd be in the rose bowl!

Anyway, I feel great going ahead. I think Sitake will be awesome. He's going to recruit better. He's got a great personality. And a desire to take Byu to another level.

Utah has a solid program. A program that could compete with the LA schools for the division championship if they could ever figure out their offense.

PS those saying that Mangum merely chucks the ball up to his tall wrs need to watch him more. He throws the ball well on underneath routes too. The kid is just a baller. Remember, he was knocking doors in chile less than 8 months ago. I know it might hurt Utah fans to admit it, but our freshman backup QB who was in another hemisphere during spring ball is 100x better than your 4th year starter. With Mangum you're in the rose bowl right now.
he turned the ball over 4 times all by himself in this game. Wilson is not nearly as bad as you are saying, and Mangum has a ways to go before I'll call him better than Wilson. Has Mangum had a single win versus a P5 team with a winning record? Wilson did have quite of few of those this season.
Also has Mangum had a single game where he played better than Wilson did against Oregon this year or Colorado state last year? Keep in mind it would have to be against a good team, because both of those were good teams. Wilson is way too inconsistent but he has had some spectacular games as a Ute.

Squalley canada first carry, fumbles from running into his own offensive lineman. Utes recover

Mangum has #11 from utah draped all over him and instead of just taking the sack tries to make a pass and hits his hand on the ute defenders helmet. Fumble. Utes recover

Mangum throws a perfect pass on a slant rout and utahs db is in great position and gets a hand into the byu receivers midsection to deflect the ball which of course goes up and right into a ute defenders hands for a pick six.

Mangum pass gets deflected up into the air by a d-lineman on the line of scrimmage right into a ute defenders arms for an int that gets returned to the byu 3.

Mangum gets a little pressure and throws a pass directly to a ute defender who takes it to the house for a pick six.
That's game over right there.

So from what I heard on the radio byu is averaging over 5 to's per game in the last 5 games against utah. (Utes are +26 in turnover margin for those 5 games)

Insane

Last edited:
he turned the ball over 4 times all by himself in this game. Wilson is not nearly as bad as you are saying, and Mangum has a ways to go before I'll call him better than Wilson. Has Mangum had a single win versus a P5 team with a winning record? Wilson did have quite of few of those this season.
Also has Mangum had a single game where he played better than Wilson did against Oregon this year or Colorado state last year? Keep in mind it would have to be against a good team, because both of those were good teams. Wilson is way too inconsistent but he has had some spectacular games as a Ute.

Mangum was just a Freshman who didnt even expect to get playing time. Safe to say he will turn out better than Wilson. It's a projection, but one that is pretty safe.

Mangum was just a Freshman who didnt even expect to get playing time. Safe to say he will turn out better than Wilson. It's a projection, but one that is pretty safe.
But he's not right now. 4 years ago most would have said it was safe to assume Travis Wilson was going to be a very good QB when he was a senior. He was a pretty good QB but not nearly what would have been expected. I see some talent in Mangum, but as of right now he's not better than Wilson.

Are you the only BYU fan in history who drinks?

Me, max hall, and steve sarkesian.

I was raised in a Mormon family and was baptised and went to church every Sunday until I was about 19. My dad was a bishop, brother was a bishop, both brothers went on missions, etc.

I became a byu fan mainly due to early morning hunting trips in the fall and then watching the byu game together with my dad and brothers later that afternoon. It's in my blood.

My parents went to byu as well.

Me, max hall, and steve sarkesian.

I was raised in a Mormon family and was baptised and went to church every Sunday until I was about 19. My dad was a bishop, brother was a bishop, both brothers went on missions, etc.

I became a byu fan mainly due to early morning hunting trips in the fall and then watching the byu game together with my dad and brothers later that afternoon. It's in my blood.

My parents went to byu as well.

you da black fish of the family?

you da black fish of the family?
Lol, ya.

But they don't treat me any different for it and love me as if I were following the teachings of the church. I come from an amazing family.

When I was young it was really rough. I was always in trouble with every type of authority. Church leaders, school faculty (suspended from school a few times, horrible grades, never graduated from my high school), police (arrested a couple times), and especially my parents. We fought like crazy and I hated my parents allot of the time. They did their best with me though. Paid for basketball camps and tons of recreation basketball leagues (I got to be a lower college level type player imo.... I was pretty Damn good. Top 3 player in my high school probably), summer track and field camps, summer creative writing classes, sylvan learning center to try to help me with school, psychiatrists and anger management to try to help with my anger/acting out issues....

I feel so much regret for what I put them through and they never gave up on me and now treat me like any of the other kids, who were mostly perfect children.

I still have a letter from my mom that she wrote to me when I was in my 20's where she apologized to me because she got called into my high school to come to the principals office and I was sitting there in handcuffs and was treated very badly/roughed up by the school cop and she feels like she should have had my back more for the way I was treated in that situation. I simply got what I deserved imo but she somehow feels responsible and that she didn't do enough to stick up for me. Makes me cry every time I read it. She is a wonderful woman.

I hope my kid isn't like me when I was young

Lol, ya.

But they don't treat me any different for it and love me as if I were following the teachings of the church. I come from an amazing family.

When I was young it was really rough. I was always in trouble with every type of authority. Church leaders, school faculty (suspended from school a few times, horrible grades, never graduated from my high school), police (arrested a couple times), and especially my parents. We fought like crazy and I hated my parents allot of the time. They did their best with me though. Paid for basketball camps and tons of recreation basketball leagues (I got to be a lower college level type player imo.... I was pretty Damn good. Top 3 player in my high school probably), summer track and field camps, summer creative writing classes, sylvan learning center to try to help me with school, psychiatrists and anger management to try to help with my anger/acting out issues....

I feel so much regret for what I put them through and they never gave up on me and now treat me like any of the other kids, who were mostly perfect children.

I still have a letter from my mom that she wrote to me when I was in my 20's where she apologized to me because she got called into my high school to come to the principals office and I was sitting there in handcuffs and was treated very badly/roughed up by the school cop and she feels like she should have had my back more for the way I was treated in that situation. I simply got what I deserved imo but she somehow feels responsible and that she didn't do enough to stick up for me. Makes me cry every time I read it. She is a wonderful woman.

Somehow I have a hard time seeing you this way
/sarcasm

Lol, ya.

I almost just cried myself. No joke.

Your offspring is in good hands brotha. No worries.