What's new

How would you feel if Kanter develops into an All-Star in OKC?

couscous

I've always been a Kanter fan so I don't how I should feel about his future development...

What if he finally buy into playing defense and improve his 3pt shooting, refining all his tools and became an all-star big for years to come. would you put the blame on the front office for the trade or would you just harbor ills toward Kanter that much more?

Even though I didn't like Kanter here, I still think he has a lot of potential. I mean he's only 22, he could figure things out. If he did turn into an all-star, I think I would be fine with it, kind of like how big Al did after he left. Kanter just didn't fit into the team we are building and within Quin's system.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens to him. He could do a lot better being by dominant players like Durant and Westbrook. We'll see what happens.

But yes. it would be bittersweet. Good on him if he does, pity whilst not in a jazz uniform..

but the cookie has crumbled.. we'll see which way in the coming years!

Jazz fans nightmare. There is no
way he doesn't improve and let's face it that if he was thrown into the fire, he would be much further into his development.

someone please start a kanter watch thread.

It would suck.

Yep, it would suck... and there is still a possibility he might end up being an all-star... but I don't see it currently. He needs to make serious strides in parts of the game that usually people don't make strides in(bball iq, passing, defense)...

It wont happen in OKC so I guess I dont need to worry about it. They are not going to have 3-4+ all stars on the same team. Kanter is not going to be better and score more/ do more for the team than Durant and Westbrook and to a lesser extent but still true Ibaka, waiters and even Adams.

Personally I only could see Kanter becoming an all-star on a crappy team that he puts up good stats on in a few years. Maybe if Durant and Westbrook leave and Thunder end up being a bottom 5 team in 3-5 years and Kanter becomes the main option he puts up big numbers on a crappy team and makes an all-star team.

But yes if he becomes good enough to be an all-star along side Durant Westbrook and becomes better than the rest of the roster on this team I would be a little upset with our front office about trading him away even though I would have done the same thing if in charge of the Jazz for some reason.

Utah will lose another BIG in a couple of years. I dont think that Gobert und Favors backcourt is what Quin is trying to do here. Thats just bad spacing and I do not think It can work longterm. So they have to draft a stretch 4 to pair with one of them. With a rotation of 3 Bigs, no one of them will have the chance to be an All-Star.

Kanter did the best for this teammates. Now Gobert and Favors really have the chance to showcase what they can produce, without any limitations night in and night out. I always told you, that this Kanter, Favors, Gobert + Booker thing was just hurting everyone.

Utah will lose another BIG in a couple of years. I dont think that Gobert und Favors backcourt is what Quin is trying to do here. Thats just bad spacing and I do not think It can work longterm. So they have to draft a stretch 4 to pair with one of them. With a rotation of 3 Bigs, no one of them will have the chance to be an All-Star.

Kanter did the best for this teammates. Now Gobert and Favors really have the chance to showcase what they can produce, without any limitations night in and night out. I always told you, that this Kanter, Favors, Gobert + Booker thing was just hurting everyone.

Sounds familiar, isn't it? We have said the same thing for Enes and Derrick two years ago. I'm sure this time it will be different though. Because Rudy is more relaxed about what he will do next than Enes. Enes overthought things. Maybe he can overcome this in his new team. Rudy also has obvious upsides and downsides over Enes. Upsides helped Utah win more up until now. Let's hope he keeps developing and becomes a consistent pivot to make the Jazz re-experience the Eaton years or even better.

Its possible but for the same reason he never exploded here, I dont think he will. He never had a killer mid range jumper I thought he would. He never improved his passing. His defense never improved. I don't think he'll get the mins on most teams to improve at this point. He also seems to be a guy that thinks he deserves mins, and doesnt have to earn them. He is in for a rude wake up call.

I would feel good for him. I like Westbrook and Durant and I think it would be cool to see them win a Championship. I think Kanter is a good fit for them if he plays 20-25 minutes per game, and could help them in that role. No one is winning a championship with Kanter playing starter minutes though.

Its possible but for the same reason he never exploded here, I dont think he will. He never had a killer mid range jumper I thought he would. He never improved his passing. His defense never improved. I don't think he'll get the mins on most teams to improve at this point. He also seems to be a guy that thinks he deserves mins, and doesnt have to earn them. He is in for a rude wake up call.

I think his defense improved a lot this year actually, though it initially regressed a ton, so he made any level of improvement pretty easy.

Or another question one might ask, What is Kanter going to do when he continues to come off the bench and consistently gets less than 30 minutes per game with the Thunder? Is he going to bitch and complain and demand a trade again?

If I had to lay odds, they would be it's more likely that Kanter learns a hard life lesson that the grass isn't always greener rather than he becomes an allstar.

Or another question one might ask, What is Kanter going to do when he continues to come off the bench and consistently gets less than 30 minutes per game with the Thunder? Is he going to bitch and complain and demand a trade again?

If I had to lay odds, they would be it's more likely that Kanter learns a hard life lesson that the grass isn't always greener rather than he becomes an allstar.

Kanter was not complaining for almost 4 years in Utah, so I do think that coming of the bench for a contending team is no huge deal for him this season.