What's new

How would you feel if Kanter develops into an All-Star in OKC?

Not likely, but it could happen. He was never going to become an All-Star here though, so it really doesn't matter.

Sounds familiar, isn't it? We have said the same thing for Enes and Derrick two years ago. I'm sure this time it will be different though. Because Rudy is more relaxed about what he will do next than Enes. Enes overthought things. Maybe he can overcome this in his new team. Rudy also has obvious upsides and downsides over Enes. Upsides helped Utah win more up until now. Let's hope he keeps developing and becomes a consistent pivot to make the Jazz re-experience the Eaton years or even better.

If it weren't for Gobert then I am sure none of us would be willing to give up on Kanter. I remember thinking Kanter and Favors were the future, and they still could have worked out and been great. None of us expected Gobert to be the next Eaton/Mutumbo type player, but since he has that potential its easier to let Kanter go and invest in a different position going forward.
I hope Kanter all the best, but I personally think that his ceiling is Big Al or a little better.

Kanter becoming an AS would be great. But he's a long way from doing so. Unless he outplays Adams on the defensive end, I don't see him starting in OKC. If his goal was to play on a contender, then he should sign with them this offseason and hopefully OKC develops him further into an AS. If he's looking for the payday and to start next season I see him going down the Al Jefferson road to mediocrity.

Listened to KD interview. Said Kanter is a great talent and only 22. Mostly said he is looking forward to playing with the new guys after every time he talked about Perkins. Let's see how this works out.

Kanter was not complaining for almost 4 years in Utah, so I do think that coming of the bench for a contending team is no huge deal for him this season.

Actually, not true. He's been complaining and his agent has been demanding a trade for years now according to inside sources.

I've always been a Kanter fan so I don't how I should feel about his future development...

What if he finally buy into playing defense and improve his 3pt shooting, refining all his tools and became an all-star big for years to come. would you put the blame on the front office for the trade or would you just harbor ills toward Kanter that much more?

I'd hope it's on a team in the East so Gobert can wreck him in the ASG. I think Rudy might not like Kanter based on his instagram photo.

If Kanter becomes a Western Conference all star, then the Jazz are damn close to contending because most of the best bigmen in the West must have caught the Ebola. Kanter is never going to be a Western All Star, his limitations are just too severe.

Its possible but for the same reason he never exploded here, I dont think he will. He never had a killer mid range jumper I thought he would. He never improved his passing. His defense never improved. I don't think he'll get the mins on most teams to improve at this point. He also seems to be a guy that thinks he deserves mins, and doesnt have to earn them. He is in for a rude wake up call.

I think the jury is still out on this.

I think the jury is still out on this.

The thing that Enes can do surprisingly well is to put the ball on the floor and finish on the move. As for him being an all-star I see it as unlikely.

I don't think he has the innate vision great passers have. So even if he was the primary option on a team they would just double team him and force turnovers.

How Kanter does going forward is completely irrelevant. The Jazz made their minds up months ago that they weren't going to retain him. They had their chance to get a return on an asset with upside and they **** the bed. The end.

How does a player who only passes by accident and can't cover my dead grandmother make the all star team. Kanter can improve, but he's never going to be a good defender and he's light years away from being a good passer. He's a poor man's Big Al.

Or another question one might ask, What is Kanter going to do when he continues to come off the bench and consistently gets less than 30 minutes per game with the Thunder? Is he going to bitch and complain and demand a trade again?

Why because Steven Adams 7.4 ppg and 7 rebs a game and 52%FT % is so good in 24 minutes.
Kanter is ...............................14 ppg and 8 rebs a game and just under 80%FT in 27 minutes isnt as good

Do you even pay attn at all to basketball

How does a player who only passes by accident and can't cover my dead grandmother make the all star team. Kanter can improve, but he's never going to be a good defender and he's light years away from being a good passer. He's a poor man's Big Al.

If you look at last year, Kanter had the 18th most assists for a qualified center. This year is his contract year so he has been passing less. Kanter is a bad passer but isn't that bad.

I'd be glad for the Kid. Excited for him.

And he might... he's just not going to develop into that here, even with Karl Malone's guidance.

Because the all-star game is generally all about the sexy offensive stats. That's what gets players selected to the team. However, Gobert has garnered a ton of attention this season. I think he's one of the rare defensive players who can make the team.

Because if the volume shooting of Westbrook and Durant mixed with his offensive rebounding skills, Kanter will be top 5 in rebounding for rest of season.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

I'd be glad for the Kid. Excited for him.

And he might... he's just not going to develop into that here, even with Karl Malone's guidance.

This. It wouldn't bother me just like it hasn't bothered me that Millsap and Korver have been All-Stars since leaving the Jazz.