What's new

I had a dream where Kanter demanded to be traded

I could be way off base here, but I see two different attitudes. Gobert is drafted late in the first round, does not feel entitled, and works his butt off to improve his game to the point where the coaches can't keep him off the floor. Kanter seems to think he was entitled to minutes based on who he is and his draft position. His agent called him 'one of the most dominant players of his generation' and talked about how little he was used in the first two years after the Jazz drafted him with the third pick. Never mind that he was a work in progress and playing behind Millsap and Jefferson.
When Gobert wants minutes he works harder to prove he deserves them, when Kanter wants minutes he sulks and asks for a trade. I get that players want minutes, especially in crunch time, but to get minutes you have to be effective on both ends or dominant on one or the other. Right now, Kanter is neither. I think you win with guys like Gobert who understand that nothing is given.

I could be way off base here, but I see two different attitudes. Gobert is drafted late in the first round, does not feel entitled, and works his butt off to improve his game to the point where the coaches can't keep him off the floor. Kanter seems to think he was entitled to minutes based on who he is and his draft position. His agent called him 'one of the most dominant players of his generation' and talked about how little he was used in the first two years after the Jazz drafted him with the third pick. Never mind that he was a work in progress and playing behind Millsap and Jefferson.
When Gobert wants minutes he works harder to prove he deserves them, when Kanter wants minutes he sulks and asks for a trade. I get that players want minutes, especially in crunch time, but to get minutes you have to be effective on both ends or dominant on one or the other. Right now, Kanter is neither. I think you win with guys like Gobert who understand that nothing is given.

On one level I agree with you. On the other I feel that Gobert has an insane level of desire and work ethic. We can't expect every player to have that.

Kanter hasn't put in the film study defensively to have the respect he thinks he deserves.

On one level I agree with you. On the other I feel that Gobert has an insane level of desire and work ethic. We can't expect every player to have that.

Kanter hasn't put in the film study defensively to have the respect he thinks he deserves.

And just remember when he was arguing with Richard Jefferson that defense wasn't important, let me lol on that for a while

I have given this a couple of days and lots of reading. Something was said on the radio today that really made me lose respect for Kanter if it's true. The point being made was this. The timing of this complaint could not have been more convenient for Kanter if he is traded. He had virtually no contact with the team or coaches after this and did not join them on the flight. If he's traded before the deadline he'll be on another team before the team gets back together to meet. If he has been disgruntled for a while the timing of the public complaint could not have been more well timed for his ability to avoid confrontation with his teammates and coaches. I have been willing to assume this was a heat of the moment thing and that it was not planned out. But the more I hear the more I think this guy is just a ***** who timed this to avoid the most confrontation with his teammates as possible. He's young and immature and probably did not realize that he actually sabotaged the ability of the franchise to trade him.
I don't think the Jazz will or should trade him and if he really did do this to avoid confrontation I hope the Jazz don't trade him just so this little bitch has to face the people he may have been trying to avoid.

Dear Diary... today I was angry to see the Utah Jazz still haven't traded Enis Kanter. I hope to tell you something different tomorrow. PS. Today is Friday the 13th so I locked the door to keep from being choked to death by the Spreewell Monster.

Friend was telling me that he was hearing that Isaiah Thomas and Plumlee for Kanter was being thrown around but I cannot find anything on this. Wouldn't the Jazz have to sweeten the pot?

Anyone?

Friend was telling me that he was hearing that Isaiah Thomas and Plumlee for Kanter was being thrown around but I cannot find anything on this. Wouldn't the Jazz have to sweeten the pot?

Anyone?

I remember Tony Jones from the Trib saying Thomas is killing the Suns' team chemistry per a source. But that's a far cry from anything actually happening.

Anyone?

Ehh, Thomas is just a 5'9 PG. As good as he is offensively at times, he is still just a 5'9 guard. Plumlee is a 4th big, maybe 3rd at best, on most teams.

I love it when people underestimate Thomas because he is 5'9. He put up Kyrie Irving numbers his last year at Sac with better percentages.
Bro0D3lCcAE6m5p.jpg

Last edited:
Why not keep Kanter ? He just lowered his offers for him in the off season. match the 8 mil offer and he is whatever we want for 8 mil.

That would be kinda funny having a guy named Isaiah Thomas playing for the Jazz. He could work out with Karl Malone in the offseason. That would be neat.

Kyrie can? Sac had 1 more win than Cavs who are in the east.

Exxxxxactly. If we can get Thomas at 9 million for 3 more years and Plumlee as a fourth big, you pull the trigger on that tonight. Thomas is a nice piece that sets a decently high bar for Exum to achieve and surpass, and his shooting and driving ability takes pressure off of Burks and Hayward. Once Exum gets there, Thomas slides over as a VERY nice backup. His aggressive offense as a starter allows us to start Gobert without blinking. And a bigs rotation of Gobert, Favors, and Hayward takes a lot of the defensive pressure off of Thomas. Additionally we can ramp up the speed of our offence by subtracting Kanter and adding Thomas. I like the way we play fast.

Ehh, Thomas is just a 5'9 PG. As good as he is offensively at times, he is still just a 5'9 guard. Plumlee is a 4th big, maybe 3rd at best, on most teams.

We couldn't do any switching with Thomas, which I would hate, but he's on a great contract for the next 3 years. For that reason alone, the Jazz would not pass it up if offered.

I think Thomas could be a nice addition. Great defending PGs are rare and given that he will likely play most of his minutes with at least one of Gobert and Favors it might not be such a big problem.

I would think of it like this - Thomas is Burke on a great day on his average days. On his good days, he is a VERY good offensive player and rolling with a lineup of Gobert and Favors we are going to need a guard who can really fill it up.

Just really interested to see how Snyder responds if he isn't traded.

Will he continue to start?

Will his minutes rise (to make him happier) or will they shrink (as a **** you)?

Will he be even more selfish with the ball and shoot more, or actually focus on being more of a team player?

How will fans in the arena respond?
Only thing that would make any sense would be to play him the number of minutes he's earned. In other words, as the coach, I wouldn't let the statement impact my coaching. You chuck, you sit. You play hard, you play. Only thing you are really able to defend.

Clint Peterson ‏@Clintonite33 6m6 minutes ago
Dennis Lindsey on Enes Kanter and Max Ergul's comments to @1280sports: "The comments can stand alone." Youch.

Clint Peterson ‏@Clintonite33 6m6 minutes ago
Dennis Lindsey on Enes Kanter and Max Ergul's comments to @1280sports: "The comments can stand alone." Youch.

That sounds like a man that might be a little angry but doesn't want to show it.