What's new

I just think it's funny

Sloanfeld

Banned
That people try to justify the blowing up of this franchise by saying that the Deron/Boozer era was going nowhere. Um, excuse me, but THIS ERA is going nowhere. We were a contender and that's hard to build. I suspect a very long rebuilding process to become a contender again.

Enjoy your false hope and lottery picks, Sloanfidels.

Dude just shut up! No one cares a out this boozer **** anymore. We are moving forward with hope that this rebuild will be better than the last. The young pieces we have look great. 2 years from now hopefully you have finally left this board and are cheering on you man crush in Chicago and we will still be here watching a young team gel ala okc.

We're going nowhere this season... But we are going somewhere,the fact of the matter is you can't build around a PG (D Rose may prove me wrong) and win championships, we had our out so we took it. The truth is, we are in a tremendous position (probably better than any other team in the league) to build a contender from scratch.

We have a solid team, I think our issues come from such a tremendous shake-up of a year and inconsistency, but give our guys a summer to work out the kinks, and I think we're a lower playoff team already. in AK, Milsap, Favors, and Big Al we already have one of the better front courts, and with another year to work out the kinks and add on some consistency Harris/CJ/Hayward gives us an above average backcourt.
On top of that we have 2 lottery picks coming this year and at least one more coming next year. There are no sure fire prospects in this league, but I trust the Jazz draft crew to come up in the clutch.

It's a rebuilding year, but that's all it is.

That people try to justify the blowing up of this franchise by saying that the Deron/Boozer era was going nowhere. Um, excuse me, but THIS ERA is going nowhere. We were a contender and that's hard to build. I suspect a very long rebuilding process to become a contender again.

I share your worries about the current Jazz, but I can't call the Williams/Boozer era "contenders" either. In five years, they made the playoffs 4 times:

2007 - made us all think they were contenders by beating a weak Houston team (give them credit for doing it without homecourt) then beat a Golden State team. This landed them in the Conference Finals, and we all assumed they were contenders, but when they met a real contender (the Spurs), they were done in 5 games.
2008 - again, give them credit for beating Houston without homecourt, but the Rockets were missing key parts. When they met a real contender (the Lakers), they lost, but at least they made it a series, lasting 6 games.
2009 - Jazz slid into 8th place down the stretch, faced a real contender in the first round, and lost in 5 games.
2010 - Same story, only they were swept.

In the regular season, they finished without homecourt all four times. Once there, they took advantage of a weaker Houston team (twice) and Golden State's upset to look like contenders, but they never beat anybody of any note in the playoffs. I think they were pretenders, not contenders.

Boozer isn't coming back. The easiest solution is to just become a Bulls fan, if Boozer is what you're looking for.

Boozer & Williams Era had some decent success but if you only make the Conference Finals once( and because you played a 4 & 8 seed to get there) only to be trounced and then get easily beat by the Lakers several years in a row you're not a real contender.

Also they didn't "blow" it up. They tried to re-sign Boozer. They just didn't want to sign him for as long as Chicago was willing to at that price. Instead opting to go with Jefferson (younger & shorter contract) who has pretty much neutralized what they lost with Boozer, or at least for the most part.

What they blew up was the Deron "Era". No strong indication that Williams was committed to Utah. Trade deadline. Team struggling. HOF coach resigns. Lockout looming and possibly the last chance to trade him for something better than a trade exception.

So was the rebuilding supposed to be shorter if they just tried to keep Deron and he left for nothing or getting 2 possible lotto picks, Favors & Harris?

Having a short big man in the front court who doesn't play defense is a huge liability. Barkley was a similar player with better ball skills who DID play defense the best he could at 6'6".
I've always found it interesting the Jazz actually went public before the season ended in announcing they would NOT be resigning Boozer. They've never done that in the past, or since.
We are definitely positioned for the future in the front court with 3 YOUNG and talented big men in Jefferson, Millsap, and Favors. Could be adding another big in this draft; depends a lot on what they do with Memo...
I think CJ is the future at SF, and Hayward at SG. AK and/or Evans in reserve.
I do NOT consider Harris our "future" at PG. He's got very few good years left, but his best (and prolly healthiest) years are behind him. We may well go after a good PG in this draft, although I think it might be a bit early to address PG. Depends on their plans for Price...

I share your worries about the current Jazz, but I can't call the Williams/Boozer era "contenders" either. In five years, they made the playoffs 4 times:

2007 - made us all think they were contenders by beating a weak Houston team (give them credit for doing it without homecourt) then beat a Golden State team. This landed them in the Conference Finals, and we all assumed they were contenders, but when they met a real contender (the Spurs), they were done in 5 games.
2008 - again, give them credit for beating Houston without homecourt, but the Rockets were missing key parts. When they met a real contender (the Lakers), they lost, but at least they made it a series, lasting 6 games.
2009 - Jazz slid into 8th place down the stretch, faced a real contender in the first round, and lost in 5 games.
2010 - Same story, only they were swept.

In the regular season, they finished without homecourt all four times. Once there, they took advantage of a weaker Houston team (twice) and Golden State's upset to look like contenders, but they never beat anybody of any note in the playoffs. I think they were pretenders, not contenders.

08-09 Was full of injuries which is why we got the eigth seed. And the sweep probably doesn't happen if we were healthy for the Lakers series last season. Just because we couldn't beat one team doesn't mean we weren't contenders.

Yeah, and Boozer was also "the King of Brushing His Teeth." You shared that juicy nugget with us once... though thankfully you never explained why you know so much about his personal hygiene.

08-09 Was full of injuries which is why we got the eigth seed. And the sweep probably doesn't happen if we were healthy for the Lakers series last season. Just because we couldn't beat one team doesn't mean we weren't contenders.

Let's get a hold of Kevin or Greg and see if we can't offer to culminate all our posting power to harness the 1.21 GW necessary to get this team back together.

No but getting dominated by every contender we faced in the playoffs does.

Something Lessons Our Already Negative Feelings Ending Life During Special Life Expected Exits. Plan Sturdy Withering Interest To Halt Growth. Ongoing Attitude Trouble Specifically.

Everyone catch that, or is that too subtle?