What's new

I know it's not my place to ask...

I don't know. I'm not a mod (got booed, actually). I was referring to the other thing.

I was under the impression that if you are found to have an alt, that's an automatic ban........ can somebody please confirm this?

Do you actually know why Cy needed that Genghaufigen alt though? Was it just so that he could pull stupid pranks without tainting his own reputation?

He once copied my avatar, and started posting stupid stuff just so that I look stupid. Not to mention tag-teaming with Huge/Size to gang up on me at one point.

I'm all about giving people 2nd chances, but even I have to admit that was wayyyy too annoying for my liking.

Why are you still bothered by this? Would you like a Christian counseling session? Starts Monday night at 8 in the chatbox.

Why are you still bothered by this? Would you like a Christian counseling session? Starts Monday night at 8 in the chatbox.

I'm not "still bothered by it". It's just something I wanted to share in the hope that it may be of a benefit to others in the future. Whether it be looking into the psyche of an 'alt creator' or be it assisting in coming up with measures to counteract these deviant behaviors.

I was under the impression that if you are found to have an alt, that's an automatic ban........ can somebody please confirm this?

The rule is (I think...and you'd think I should know this) is that if there is an alt both accounts are banned and a PM is sent to both accounts explaining the situation. If it's an obvious alt like Cy's was (or in general if the person knew making an alt was against the rules) that violation receives an infraction.

It wasn't the alt that got him kicked out, it was that it was one infraction of 5 in a 6 month period. Before I was a mod I got all of one infraction here in my many years here. It's honestly not that hard to not get them.

Agreed its not that hard.. but sometimes the enforcement is selective and it leads to confusion... but I don't care at all.
I got no gripes really. Even when I gripe.

It needed to be said though, that Cy is a very good poker player and he's used to "pushing his luck".

I guess he just pushed his luck 1 time too many and is now paying the price.......

I'm not "still bothered by it". It's just something I wanted to share in the hope that it may be of a benefit to others in the future. Whether it be looking into the psyche of an 'alt creator' or be it assisting in coming up with measures to counteract these deviant behaviors.

Only if you're sure. You keep going on about it so I was a little worried that your animosity toward Cyrone and not wanting him reinstated wouldn't be handled well when he comes back. You realize you mention it at least once per week?

Only if you're sure. You keep going on about it so I was a little worried that your animosity toward Cyrone and not wanting him reinstated wouldn't be handled well when he comes back. You realize you mention it at least once per week?

Link?

Pretty sure that was the first time I ever mentioned the avatar copying incident thingamajig.

If the thread was read...

I was referring to the non-alt infraction.

Thread was read.

How was that an honest mistake? And why are you weighting that more than all of the other infractions?

Thread was read.

How was that an honest mistake? And why are you weighting that more than all of the other infractions?

I. am. not.

I never said anything other than the "da ***" infraction was an honest mistake. I've even said that doesn't trump the rules. I've also said the alt thing is inexcusable....

smh at how thin-skinned you guys are.

I'm beginning to think Nate505 wasn't joking....

PKM isn't really Mod material... may be he's too 'kind hearted'?

I just can't imagine him banning anyone.......