What's new

I mean..guys..do we have our star?

Is Hayward a bonafide number one option?

• Total voters
Hayward or prime AK assuming he doesn't get injured? Not necessarily saying they are similar players but who would you rather have on team?

I'm now convinced he can be a number one option on a marginal playoff team, or a second option on a contending team. I'd prefer contending.

He can still be completely shut down by elite defenders (Leonard, Butler), so no. Bonafide 2nd option on any level of team though.

I'm now convinced he can be a number one option on a marginal playoff team, or a second option on a contending team. I'd prefer contending.

I agree. His play this year reminds me of Dwayne Wade-prime a bit. Not quite as explosive but he's gotten waaaay better at getting by guys, into the lane, and either attacking, or craftily finding a layup or pull-up, or teardrop, or stop-pivot-change direction jumper pretty much any time he wants. Add in solid defense like Wade and much more consistent three point shooting and dude has thoroughly, thoroughly impressed me. If we somehow got Russell, that's two very legit wing scorers who can attack in so many different ways, Favors (a legit 19-20 point scorer if he takes a step next year) and great defense and strong perimeter shooting should Exum continue to improve.

He can still be completely shut down by elite defenders (Leonard, Butler), so no. Bonafide 2nd option on any level of team though.

Butler's second bite at Hayward didn't go as well, Hayward hit his season averages. Hayward had 20 in one game vs. the Spurs, had 10 the next. I'm not sure the second game was entirely on Hayward. . .Is LMA a first option seeing as he can be completely shut down by Gobert?

I agree. His play this year reminds me of Dwayne Wade-prime a bit. Not quite as explosive but he's gotten waaaay better at getting by guys, into the lane, and either attacking, or craftily finding a layup or pull-up, or teardrop, or stop-pivot-change direction jumper pretty much any time he wants. Add in solid defense like Wade and much more consistent three point shooting and dude has thoroughly, thoroughly impressed me. If we somehow got Russell, that's two very legit wing scorers who can attack in so many different ways, Favors (a legit 19-20 point scorer if he takes a step next year) and great defense and strong perimeter shooting should Exum continue to improve.

Agreed. The future is here and I'm very excited about this team. Good times are a comin' :cool:

Butler's second bite at Hayward didn't go as well, Hayward hit his season averages. Hayward had 20 in one game vs. the Spurs, had 10 the next. I'm not sure the second game was entirely on Hayward. . .Is LMA a first option seeing as he can be completely shut down by Gobert?

Looking at box scores is not really an effective way of measuring it. Hayward may have gotten most his points on broken plays, when Leonard was not guarding him, cherry picks, etc.
If you have LP you should rewatch the games, he did struggle mightily trying to create against either one.

I ain't snitchin or non like that, but you gays.. I mean gais call each other some pretty harsh stuff with bravado and don't get the infracters(Quaaaaaaid) infracting you. Meanwhile I call someone jokingly a gay and get infracted by Nate. That's my line bishsticks stole! I'm mad! Okay! I'm reloading!

Did I? I don't remember that, though it isn't shocking.

Draft Hezonja, get Dragic. Trade Burke. Bring over Neto. Resign Kanter and hold to trade after the TV money comes in(unless he is offered something absolutely redonkulous). If we can improve backkup 4/5 great but I'm not sure how we would do that right now.

Those should be our goals this offseason.

Dragic Exum Neto
Burks Hezonja
Hayward Hood
Favors,(?Booker)
Gobert,(?Kanter)
I love that roster

Omg you are a dumbass. Go watch volleyball or something. This whole basketball thing is over your head.

It is over my head because I am not over 10 feet tall.