• Hood is my hero

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hood for president

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hood makes babies sad

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

JGolds

I know we are only 7 games in, but I think its time to trade/shop Hood. The only stat that hood has improved on "surprisingly" is his (True shooting %). The rest our down. He has actually impressed me... I didn't know anyone could play 20 mins a night and go to the line less than Hood.... But he proved me wrong. FTr is now down to .153 that's .020 less than last year. His boards a down, steals down, Win shares might as well be negative... His vorp score... is a nice even 0.0.... that means pretty much any back up player could do just as well as him...

Can the hood experiment please end?!?!?! He doesn't have the killer instinct or the digestive track to be a star caliber or even a starter for an nba team.

In closing:
He isn't helping us win
He is going to give me an ulcer
He shoots 0-11 and gives you nothing else
He hurts my soul
He has 0 value on the team
Not a leader
might preform better vs bench talent (but I doubt it)

If there are spelling or punctuation errors please blame Hood. Its his fault I stink at English.

Last edited:
I'm not the biggest Hood fan and haven't been since his days at Duke. There are times he plays really well and it helps us. He's just too inconsistent and a jumpshooting chucker for my liking. I wouldn't mind trading him, but doubt the Jazz would.

Hoods problems are in his head and maybe in his colon as well. Nothing wrong with his shooting mechanics or rest of his body. He is long, athletic and has all the skills needed to be consistent 20 pt scorer. It is up to him to believe it and to take his game to the next level. I am really hoping Quin can nail it to his head that even when he misses few long shots he still needs to take them to keep defenses honest. Yesterday he was passing wide open 3's and trying to force inside.

Trade Hood now and get something of value for him. He's still going to get a big pay day this summer and I wouldn't match it if I am the Jazz based off his injury history and inconsistent play. Let Mitchell start.

I've never been much of a Hood believer. If he was a guy that you occasionally relied on to hit an open 3, yeah that's who I want Hood to be. Basically what Ingles has become, except Ingles is doing stuff on the defensive end that is above and beyond, so yeah.

If we can get a quality shooter for Hood I say do it, do it now.

By the end of his second year, I thought I saw an awesome trajectory for Hood. I excused much of last year -- despite several worrying signs -- because of injuries. After 15 more games, he'll run out of excuses. It's time, Rod.

We have until the trade deadline to see who he is. Its a new role and this is the first game his shot was off, it happens. Hayward had plenty of them.

There seems to have been a change of heart on the hood front... The last 15 or so Hood hate threads I did put me in the minority. seems less people are for lack of a better term (Hard for Hood)...

We have until the trade deadline to see who he is. Its a new role and this is the first game his shot was off, it happens. Hayward had plenty of them.

Hayward did other things when he wasn't scoring.. Hoodie does not...

I never bought in to him being our first option. Having said that, I think he's proven over time to be a good complimentary piece when healthy. He'll turn it around, but I don't expect him to carry the offense much of the time or be a great defender. Accept him for what he is: a good (but streaky) shooter, decent pick n roll wing, high character guy.

Hayward did other things when he wasn't scoring.. Hoodie does not...
Not really when he first started his new role. We also don't need Hood to be what Hayward was. I doubt Hood becomes an all star but that doesn't mean he can't be good for us.

Either way this is premature and we have plenty of time this season to see what he is in this new role. I'm okay with trading him at the deadline if we can get something good for him and he isn't playing well enough to keep.

I never bought in to him being our first option. Having said that, I think he's proven over time to be a good complimentary piece when healthy. He'll turn it around, but I don't expect him to carry the offense much of the time or be a great defender. Accept him for what he is: a good (but streaky) shooter, decent pick n roll wing, high character guy.

Also known as a role player. Best option is to be brought off the bench.

Also known as a role player. Best option is to be brought off the bench.

As long as his price tag reflects this, I could live with that result. I still like Hood a lot and hope he makes a jump somewhere. I can see the potential for it, but climbing that ladder is up to him.

Not really when he first started his new role. We also don't need Hood to be what Hayward was. I doubt Hood becomes an all star but that doesn't mean he can't be good for us.

Either way this is premature and we have plenty of time this season to see what he is in this new role. I'm okay with trading him at the deadline if we can get something good for him and he isn't playing well enough to keep.

I don't normally disagree with you... But on this I completely disagree. He has been in the NBA long enough we know what he is. Look at his advanced stats... He is terribly inefficient, and worse so through these 8 games than last year. Advanced stats say we don't gain anything with him on the floor vs a back up... He is a mid level talent and that is when his jump shot is on. When its not falling he looks like a G-league call up who is getting way too many minutes.

Holy **** some people are so dumb.

Hood had scored over 20 in 3 of the last 4 games before last night. He had been shooting lights out from 3 too (still is).

He isnt just going to magically turn into a reliable 1st option in the first month of being in that role. God damn give the dude some time.

Hood had scored over 20 in 3 of the last 4 games before last night. He had been shooting lights out from 3 too (still is).

He isnt just going to magically turn into a reliable 1st option in the first month of being in that role. God damn give the dude some time.

2 Words. (Advanced stats)

4 more words (Box score=Empty stats)

Good, he's worth something.

Too inconsistent. Too injury prone. Too risky.

2 Words. (Advanced stats)

4 more words (Box score=Empty stats)

I'm not anti-advanced stats or anything, but they arent the end all be all. You need players like Hood who can just light it up and get their shot off over anyone. Freaking out because he had one bad game (when he was playing well prior) is absolute BS. We saw the same BS happen to Hayward in his first year being a "1st option". People want to over-scrutinize on a game to game basis. Let the dude play and get use to his new role.

Bradley Beal was very similar to Hood in his first 3 years and Hood can easily match Beal's 4th year this year. Only in his 5th year did Beal really turn into a good advanced stats player (as in, getting to the FT line) and now in his 6th year he appears to have taken another step.

This garbage about trading Hood is absolutely BS and again I'm embarrassed at this team's fans just like I was embarrassed when people cried about overpaying Hayward 4 years ago. Give him time.

And Hood is definitely trying to improve on his offensive weaknesses. He has gotten bigger and he has been driving the ball more, he just hasnt gotten the whistles yet. Maybe he learns, maybe he doesnt, but it makes no sense to give up on him now. Last night I thought he had a really good drive where he bumped Aminu off his spot on a drive and dished to Favors. I dont think Hood had the strength to make that play last year.

This.
If we had Hayward (healthy, of course), we'd be very happy with Hood. He'd be a complementary player and be averaging 15/per on open looks. Now that defenses are keying on him, he has too much pressure. And personality-wise, he just doesn't have that alpha mentality. The problem Utah now has is Mitchell IS an alpha and needs to start. So where does that leave Hood? Just can't afford to pay him $20M - or match whatever offer he gets and have him come off the bench, because defensively, he'd be a huge liability at the 3. I think the team would be better served moving Ingles to 6th man and finding a primary scorer at the 3.

And I'm not freaking out over 1 game. This is much like Dantley/Malone or Green/Stockton. A "veteran" is in the way of an even more promising young player. Hood may be on the rise, but Mitchell is a supernova. If Utah could keep everyone, yes, give Hood his $18-$20M. But they can't. You have to look at the financials next season and beyond.