Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Hood is my hero

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hood for president

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hood makes babies sad

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
Nah, he's already proven to be a valuable starter.

Hood is a good player, and still has room for growth. I just don't expect him to turn into a superstar or something.

Where are you going to start him?

I don't believe I want him starting at the 3 and Mitchell is the starting 2 going forward IMO.

Yeah, I was thinking the fans could use a few more souvenirs when Rodney managed to miss the entire backboard.

Yeah who knew there was so much money in bricklaying? Probably have to hand out helmets to the front row for the next home game.

I really like hood when’s he’s spotting for 3 or keeping his guy on his hip for a consistent push shot. I don’t like hood when he’s taking contested mid range shots, but the more the season goes on the more defenses will try to push that.

Hood is an adequate role playing starter. Do I wish he played better defense? Yes. Do I wish he got to the foul line more? Of course (that’s the only thing keeping him from a consistent 20 a night). Do I wish he did more miscellaneous stuff (rebound, assist, enforcer, leader, etc)? Uh huh. Do I want to keep him? Yes I do. Will we be able to keep him for a price that doesn’t make me uncomfortable? Probably not.

We likely will have to decide to overpay because teams will be very interested in him, or there’s a good chance he isn’t here next year.

Never been much of a Hood fan. My biggest complaint is that there have always been several noticeable holes/weaknesses in his game (right hand, finishing at the rim, getting to the line, playing tough d, the list goes on...), yet I haven’t noticed much improvement in any of these areas, which is a bummer.

This. Much like Hayward in the early part of his career, Hood needs to get out of his own way. He needs to find the drive to do the little things that help the team when his shot isn't falling. His D has been reasonable, and he hustles, but he could put forth much stronger effort in defense, rebounding, playmaking, whatever. Fall on the floor going after loose balls, step up and take a charge. Things like that will help the team and help build his confidence. If he can work through it I think he has potential to equal Hayward in ability. But right now that is a big if.

Yep he has to just find a way to contribute more if his shot is off. Many reliable scorers push to the ft line if their shot isn’t falling, and feed off that trickle of points. He’s got to start getting there to be successful long term if the defense is going to be keying on him every night.

Never been much of a Hood fan. My biggest complaint is that there have always been several noticeable holes/weaknesses in his game (right hand, finishing at the rim, getting to the line, playing tough d, the list goes on...), yet I haven’t noticed much improvement in any of these areas, which is a bummer.

This is what I have preached all along. Hood has great offensive moments. But in the Hustle state column he lacks desire and ability. Reb, steals, tough d and getting to the FTL are all hustle plays and stats... The kid loves to shoot the 3 and that's what he should make a career of.