Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Hood is my hero

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hood for president

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hood makes babies sad

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
I'm not anti-advanced stats or anything, but they arent the end all be all. You need players like Hood who can just light it up and get their shot off over anyone. Freaking out because he had one bad game (when he was playing well prior) is absolute BS. We saw the same BS happen to Hayward in his first year being a "1st option". People want to over-scrutinize on a game to game basis. Let the dude play and get use to his new role.

Bradley Beal was very similar to Hood in his first 3 years and Hood can easily match Beal's 4th year this year. Only in his 5th year did Beal really turn into a good advanced stats player (as in, getting to the FT line) and now in his 6th year he appears to have taken another step.

This garbage about trading Hood is absolutely BS and again I'm embarrassed at this team's fans just like I was embarrassed when people cried about overpaying Hayward 4 years ago. Give him time.

Hood is a Crawford (type) player. You bring him off the bench and let him try to light you up. if he isn't making shots you bench him till the 4th and let him try again. 6th man role.

I will have to look up Beals stats. But i don't he was efficient and streaky and un-healthy as hood.

Oh, and I am not new to the dump Hood wagon. I've been here awhile. It's not his new role, its his play style.

I don't normally disagree with you... But on this I completely disagree. He has been in the NBA long enough we know what he is. Look at his advanced stats... He is terribly inefficient, and worse so through these 8 games than last year. Advanced stats say we don't gain anything with him on the floor vs a back up... He is a mid level talent and that is when his jump shot is on. When its not falling he looks like a G-league call up who is getting way too many minutes.

Hood is shooting a career high from 3 even with the bad game last night. PER 100 possessions he is scoring a career best 28.2 point on career best 56 TS%. He is having a career best PER, even with a really bad game last night that has made his stats look pretty bad. If you through out last nights game and the game he is sick his stats are through the roof. He will keep having a career year this season. Its way too small of sample size to look at his VORP, BPM, WS. Our starting unit has struggled so far this season but I think they will get it going.

Honestly I think it was a bad move to pull him out last night. He should have kept shooting, unless he was sick or hurt. Shooters need to keep shooting.

I am not that big of fan of Hood but again there is no reason to panic with him right now. We should not trade him now, we should wait until the deadline when we know better what he is.

cmon. i don't think he will never average super high points, but he is not bad. not #1 option on offense but he can contribute.

not being #1 option doesn't mean he sucks

Per 100 Hood vs Hayward at the same age:

Player Hood - Hayward
Points 28.2 - 28.8
FG% 41.7 - 43.3
3 pt% 44.1 - 34.9
TS% 56 - 55.9
assists 3.6 - 5.4
TOV 3.3 - 3.7

This is with Hood having a sick crappy game and this really bad game last night. I think as the season goes on and it averages out he will out perform what Hayward did at that same age. Also that is the second year in which Hayward had taken a larger role.

I think Hood can be a more efficient scorer than Hayward. We dont need him to play as large of a role either. The ball can be in other peoples hands more than we needed it to be in Haywards. We have dynamic players with the ball in Rubio and Mitchell. We just need hood to score efficiently. I am pretty happy with his 3 point shooting so far and I think it will get better as he gets used to his role and stays healthy.

Hood is a Crawford (type) player. You bring him off the bench and let him try to light you up. if he isn't making shots you bench him till the 4th and let him try again. 6th man role.

I will have to look up Beals stats. But i don't he was efficient and streaky and un-healthy as hood.

Oh, and I am not new to the dump Hood wagon. I've been here awhile. It's not his new role, its his play style.

No, Hood is Rodney Hood. He isnt Jamal Crawford. He can be a starter. Stop trying to put him in a box, especially after 8 games into a season. It's ****ing annoying. All these BS threads.

Beal played 4 more games through his first 3 years than Hood. Basically the exact same bill of health. They were both jump shoot scorers, so by the very definition of their play style, they are streaky. There are no completely consistent jump shot scorers.

Also known as a role player. Best option is to be brought off the bench.

Nah, he's already proven to be a valuable starter.

Hood is a good player, and still has room for growth. I just don't expect him to turn into a superstar or something.

I think a lot of people think if a player isnt a super star or even an all-star we need to dump them, and go get one that is(because that's easy apparently...). Thats why we get a lot of bashing on our solid starter level players.

rodney hoods 4th year is still going better than haywards 4th year.

and hes having a better 17-18 season than hayward

Holy **** some people are so dumb.

Hood had scored over 20 in 3 of the last 4 games before last night. He had been shooting lights out from 3 too (still is).

He isnt just going to magically turn into a reliable 1st option in the first month of being in that role. God damn give the dude some time.

This. Hood's shooting 44.1% from three this year with a career best 56.0 TS%. I'm not saying 56.0% is high. It's not. But he's playing better in this facet of the game. He also hasn't missed a free throw yet. His rebounding and steals are down and I wish they'd be better but in general, he's having a solid year.

I think a lot of people think if a player isnt a super star or even an all-star we need to dump them, and go get one that is(because that's easy apparently...). Thats why we get a lot of bashing on our solid starter level players.

If you arent a consistent all-star by your 4th year Jazzfanz will turn on you as a player.

Hoods problems are in his head and maybe in his colon as well. Nothing wrong with his shooting mechanics or rest of his body. He is long, athletic and has all the skills needed to be consistent 20 pt scorer. It is up to him to believe it and to take his game to the next level. I am really hoping Quin can nail it to his head that even when he misses few long shots he still needs to take them to keep defenses honest. Yesterday he was passing wide open 3's and trying to force inside.

This. Much like Hayward in the early part of his career, Hood needs to get out of his own way. He needs to find the drive to do the little things that help the team when his shot isn't falling. His D has been reasonable, and he hustles, but he could put forth much stronger effort in defense, rebounding, playmaking, whatever. Fall on the floor going after loose balls, step up and take a charge. Things like that will help the team and help build his confidence. If he can work through it I think he has potential to equal Hayward in ability. But right now that is a big if.

Of course we have a huge win and we are complaining about Hood's awful night.

This is the first game he was healthy and not good. He was really off on his rhythm. I'm not sure why we all decided today that he sucks.

He's not going to be Gordon, but he is going to be a good player if healthy. I don't know that he is going to get a contract that we would regret. I mean if we got a great offer then sure he is kind of expendable, but he creates his own shot well which is something we still need. Don't let one bad game get to you... even if it was really bad.

The only problem I have with Hood last night is that he only took one 3 pointer.

they chased him over on the picks and he didn't really get into his normal keep the guy on your back mid range... he was really off balance on all his shots... Even the three was a little forced/rushed.

On the year he is still 42%/44% from the field. He's never going to be a really consistent 20 PPG guy imo because he just doesn't get to the line enough.

I'd hate to lose Hood at the end of the year but its time to accept he just a very average NBA player.
He can't get to the free throw line, below average passer, average defender, and injury prone. Yes when he gets hot he'll win you a game
with his shooting, but so will 50 other players in the NBA.

If Hood is maxed and we lose him, I have confidence DL will find an ample replacement.

I'd hate to lose Hood at the end of the year but its time to accept he just a very average NBA player.
He can't get to the free throw line, below average passer, average defender, and injury prone. Yes when he gets hot he'll win you a game
with his shooting, but so will 50 other players in the NBA.

If Hood is maxed and we lose him, I have confidence DL will find an ample replacement.

He won't get maxed. I think I'd set the over/under on his contract at 15M/year. I could see Dallas being a suitor... Outside of them I don't see a lot of teams that have cap space, need, and would overpay.

Hoods problems are in his head and maybe in his colon as well.

So are mine but with medication and a brief period of supervision in a state facility I hope to conquer my terrible afflictions...

Reactions: MVP
I've though about this too much today... I would consider trade offers for Hood if it netted an unprotected pick from a team or if it netted us a guy I think can be a playmaking/stretch four.

So if NO wanted to send their unprotected pick for Hood I'd look really hard at that. I think it would be foolish/short-sighted, but they will get desperate if they don't start winning.

If Philly wanted to do Saric for Hood straight up I'd consider that.

I don't see many realistic options and we are definitely better with Hood. We could probably cover for some of Hood's production though with increased DM minutes, Thabo, Burks, and Neto would be backup PG again.