What's new

I think the story of this team has to include a Rock Bottom

Is it rock bottom of bottoms rocked? Cause last night Phoenix rocked our bottoms pretty hard, and sans the lube.

Last night felt like the blowout loss to Dallas last year. It can't get lower than this.

Now we find out if anyone on this team gives a s*** or if they are just talk.

Last night felt like the blowout loss to Dallas last year. It can't get lower than this.

Now we find out if anyone on this team gives a s*** or if they are just talk.
It appears that we have a few key players who would benefit from the NBA giving out Gold Star Awards sometime in early April. They could “put that chip on their shoulders”, collect some accolades, and then worry about end-of-year awards immediately afterwards.

This is a blueprint for a perfect system for this generation of NBA players:

1. January: All-Star selections. Yay, YOU’RE SO GREAT! or: PUT THIS CHIP ON YOUR SHOULDER AND LET IT MOTIVATE YOU (but still talk to the media about stuff related to team success).

2. Early April: Gold Star Awards. Yay, YOU’RE SO GREAT! or: PUT THIS CHIP ON YOUR SHOULDER AND LET IT MOTIVATE YOU (but still talk to the media about stuff related to team success).

3. May: End-of-year awards. WE’VE BEEN TELLING YOU HOW GREAT YOU ARE FOR MONTHS NOW, BRINGING YOU ALONG LIKE THE TODDLERS RACE-CRAWLING AT THE HALFTIME SHOWS. EITHER THAT, OR WE’VE BEEN GIVING YOU SOMETHING TO BROOD ABOUT.

It appears that we have a few key players who would benefit from the NBA giving out Gold Star Awards sometime in early April. They could “put that chip on their shoulders”, collect some accolades, and then worry about end-of-year awards immediately afterwards.

This is a blueprint for a perfect system for this generation of NBA players:

1. January: All-Star selections. Yay, YOU’RE SO GREAT! or: PUT THIS CHIP ON YOUR SHOULDER AND LET IT MOTIVATE YOU (but still talk to the media about stuff related to team success).

2. Early April: Gold Star Awards. Yay, YOU’RE SO GREAT! or: PUT THIS CHIP ON YOUR SHOULDER AND LET IT MOTIVATE YOU (but still talk to the media about stuff related to team success).

3. May: End-of-year awards. WE’VE BEEN TELLING YOU HOW GREAT YOU ARE FOR MONTHS NOW, BRINGING YOU ALONG LIKE THE TODDLERS RACE-CRAWLING AT THE HALFTIME SHOWS. EITHER THAT, OR WE’VE BEEN GIVING YOU SOMETHING TO BROOD ABOUT.

I get it now... thanks for helping me read between the lines... I was thinking this season only.

Man I'm in a bad spot right now... thoughts I've had today...

- If playing 5 out with average guys like Dario Saric neuters our defense then maybe @LoPo is right and we should trade Rudy. He was right about the Conley trade, but we'd also likely have Julius Randle and Terry Rozier so are those guys better. I definitely do not want to give him the supermax.

- Man I'd consider the Al Horford for Mike Conley deal maybe depending on what else we get. Rudy and him can play a few minutes together and you get a super sub 5-out guy at backup center... the going rate for backups is like $27M a year right?

- Maybe Quin is doing Coke off of stripper's backs again.

- How come OKC is just as good as us and they fell bass ackwards into it and we gave up a **** ton of assets to get here.

- Maybe the problem is Quin is doing coke of off stripper's backs anymore.

- Did DL really believe TB would be good or did someone in San Antonio just totally mess with him.

Man I'm in a bad spot right now... thoughts I've had today...

- If playing 5 out with average guys like Dario Saric neuters our defense then maybe @LoPo is right and we should trade Rudy. He was right about the Conley trade, but we'd also likely have Julius Randle and Terry Rozier so are those guys better. I definitely do not want to give him the supermax.

- Man I'd consider the Al Horford for Mike Conley deal maybe depending on what else we get. Rudy and him can play a few minutes together and you get a super sub 5-out guy at backup center... the going rate for backups is like $27M a year right?

- Maybe Quin is doing Coke off of stripper's backs again.

- How come OKC is just as good as us and they fell bass ackwards into it and we gave up a **** ton of assets to get here.

- Maybe the problem is Quin is doing coke of off stripper's backs anymore.

- Did DL really believe TB would be good or did someone in San Antonio just totally mess with him.
We’re running it back next year, too. Sorry, brough.

At this point I'd consent to a Conley\ CP3 trade and I loathe CP3. That contract would be a nightmare. His game is okay, what I hate his attitude, but it's exactly what we need right now. He'd take the leadership role and jump down people's throats. He's more about winning than feel goods. We need someone mature enough to realize it's okay to hurt feelings if results in the team playing better and maybe his whining could even equate to more calls for Mitchell.

Hopefully not...
Thank you.

For me, this slide has been particularly disappointing. The fact that it corresponds exactly with the ****ing All-Star selections is a fact that really stings. My sportsfandom was developed at a time when I could look up to the players as examples of excellence and maturity. The latter was destined to fall off as I aged and became older than the players, but it has really fallen off the cliff and I’m having a damn hard time relating to the players and their motivations. It’s harder and harder for me to justify the brain-space I allow all this stuff to have.

Thank you.

For me, this slide has been particularly disappointing. The fact that it corresponds exactly with the ****ing All-Star selections is a fact that really stings. My sportsfandom was developed at a time when I could look up to the players as examples of excellence and maturity. The latter was destined to fall off as I aged and became older than the players, but it has really fallen off the cliff and I’m having a damn hard time relating to the players and their motivations. It’s harder and harder for me to justify the brain-space I allow all this stuff to have.
Thank you.

Coming from a long time suffering Buffalo Bill's fan, I can say it's an impossible thing to walk away from for good. Like Buffalo, the Jazz are the only game in town (that matters). It's not a choice, fandom just is. For me anyway.

Btw, I wholeheartedly disagree that the all star game has much to do with this. The no real help for Rudy has been years in the making. It's now coming to fruition, and I know what a believer in Gobert you are...

Coming from a long time suffering Buffalo Bill's fan, I can say it's an impossible thing to walk away from for good. Like Buffalo, the Jazz are the only game in town (that matters). It's not a choice, fandom just is. For me anyway.

Btw, I wholeheartedly disagree that the all star game has much to do with this. The no real help for Rudy has been years in the making. It's now coming to fruition, and I know what a believer in Gobert you are...
Gobert had plenty of help with Favors, Crowder, Rubio...

This is the first year since he emerged that we’ve really leaned harder on him with a below-average cast of defenders. DL and Zanik went all-in on an overhaul of the offense, hoping that Rudy could make up for the subsequent holes on defense to a sufficient degree to place us in the next tier. It isn’t working too well. It certainly isn’t working consistently well.

Gobert had plenty of help with Favors, Crowder, Rubio...

This is the first year since he emerged that we’ve really leaned harder on him with a below-average cast of defenders. DL and Zanik went all-in on an overhaul of the offense, hoping that Rudy could make up for the subsequent holes on defense to a sufficient degree to place us in the next tier. It isn’t working too well. It certainly isn’t working consistently well.
Gobert couldn't share the court with Favors and Ricky nor Crowder could really stay in front of their man, so...not really help.

Shoot, Raul Neto stayed in front of his guy as good as anyone.

Was thinking about this thread the other day. I felt like we didn't find the floor last time. I hope they do this time. Dark moments let you find what you are made of. I still believe this team is highly capable, but its going to be quite the come to Jesus to turn this thing around. I think they are going to put it together yet, but it may be a minute.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

I think we're officially at rock bottom.

Locke kind of had me shook with the 5 out stuff he talked about. Our whole system might need an adjustment or Rudy might be able to be straight schemed out of games. The super weird thing is we haven't been able to get dunks on dunks on dunks when teams go with small ball or weak *** shooting 5s.

People talking about a zone, but if you think a man defense requires connectivity, movement, and communication... a zone in the NBA needs crazy amounts of connectivity to work well. You need all 5 guys to rebound... it helps if you have guys with length that are now roaming a bit... like if the 5 out play really is Rudy and our krypotonite we are just ****ed.