What's new

I think the story of this team has to include a Rock Bottom

Locke kind of had me shook with the 5 out stuff he talked about. Our whole system might need an adjustment or Rudy might be able to be straight schemed out of games. The super weird thing is we haven't been able to get dunks on dunks on dunks when teams go with small ball or weak *** shooting 5s.

People talking about a zone, but if you think a man defense requires connectivity, movement, and communication... a zone in the NBA needs crazy amounts of connectivity to work well. You need all 5 guys to rebound... it helps if you have guys with length that are now roaming a bit... like if the 5 out play really is Rudy and our krypotonite we are just ****ed.

To be honest I think we've kind of seen Rudy schemed out of some games in the playoffs the past few years, by both Houston and Golden State. I hate to say it but in the modern NBA I'm not sure a team who's best player is a 7'1 defensive center with a limited offensive game has a very high ceiling.

To be honest I think we've kind of seen Rudy schemed out of games in the playoffs the past few years, by both Houston and Golden State. I hate to say it but in the modern NBA I'm not sure a team who's best player is a 7'1 defensive center with a limited offensive game has a very high ceiling.
As a small market team, perhaps we should have supported this Gobzilla full tilt. We did it half asked though. We just couldn't commit.

As a small market team, perhaps we should have supported this Gobzilla full tilt. We did it half asked though. We just couldn't commit.

I mean, I think we tried the last couple of years. We surrounded Rudy with solid defenders at nearly every position and as a result had a top 2 defense the past two seasons. But then our problem was that the offense wasn't nearly good enough.

To be honest I think we've kind of seen Rudy schemed out of some games in the playoffs the past few years, by both Houston and Golden State. I hate to say it but in the modern NBA I'm not sure a team who's best player is a 7'1 defensive center with a limited offensive game has a very high ceiling.
I think the GS series he wasn't healthy and we were completely outmatched... that was a damn juggernaut.

I feel like he was okay in the Houston series... our whole team stopped shooting the ball... ive never seen anything like it. Houston is the elite 5 out team so it may still be an issue... its when Dario Saric is doing it to you and you aren't killing him on the other end that I get worried.

I mean, I think we tried the last couple of years. We surrounded Rudy with solid defenders at nearly every position and as a result had a top 2 defense the past two seasons. But then our problem was that the offense wasn't nearly good enough.
Those defenders all funnelled the offense into Rudy though. That's not helping him, that's letting Rudy do the work. We never got defenders to help him that he could share the court with. Outside of a young Exum that is. Or a one year Hill.

It honestly feels like none of these players care anymore. They all completed their goal and then quit.

Royce got paid and almost immediately quit. After he signed on the dotted line he immediately went to s***.

As soon as Rudy realized he was gonna be an all star he stopped playing defense.

As soon as Donovan realized he was gonna be an all star he started laying eggs.

Joe got paid in the summer and hasn't had the same intensity on the court this season.

They're all content.

It honestly feels like none of these players care anymore. They all completed their goal and then quit.

Royce got paid and almost immediately quit. After he signed on the dotted line he immediately went to s***.

As soon as Rudy realized he was gonna be an all star he stopped playing defense.

Joe got paid in the summer and hasn't had the same intensity on the court this season.

They're all content.
A guy like Rudy doesn't quit because coach's pick him for the ASG. That's absurd. He quit because no one helps him and he is spent.

They're all content.

The Joe extension seems so weird when it happened, but isn't looking so great because his defense has really slipped (or he isn't trying).

Quick story from real life... my 12 year old son wanted an iPhone. Been begging for years. He is a B student... I told him get all A's and this summer he gets an iPhone. He busts his butt like I've never seen for a month... all his grades are great... he's absolutely on track. He cries to his mom while I'm at work... she gets a new phone and gives him the old one... guess what happened next... that's right he has a couple Cs right now and his most recent test scores are poor and doing homework is now pulling teeth again.

Reactions: SCS
To me Joe's never quite been the same since his son was diagnosed with autism last season. He's shown flashes and had a few streaks of great play but he hasn't been able to consistently play at a high level and he just doesn't play with the same edge and chippiness he used to. Where's the guy that shut down Redick in the Clippers series and was completely in Paul Georges head in the OKC series? It's almost like he's lost his passion for the game.

To me Joe's never quite been the same since his son was diagnosed with autism last season. He's shown flashes and had a few streaks of great play but he hasn't been able to consistently play at a high level and he just doesn't play with the same edge and chippiness he used to. Where's the guy that shut down Redick in the Clippers series and was completely in Paul Georges head in the OKC series? It's almost like he's lost his passion for the game.
Dude was scorching in December and January... then something happened and we can't blame any particular person... it wasn't their fault.

Royce O'neale is the case that bothers me the most. He instantly changed after getting paid. I mean his performance is night and day. I'm starting to think Quin should bench his a** completely.

Royce O'neale is the case that bothers me the most. He instantly changed after getting paid. I mean his performance is night and day. I'm starting to think Quin should bench his a** completely.

I've always thought he was vastly overrated but damn he is borderline G league now.

giphy.gif