What's new

If by the grace of god the Jazz get the #1 pick

My opinion on these guys

Okafor = Al Jefferson, but a better passer. Will be just as bad on D and is a poor FT shooter
Towns - I really really like him, I just think he'll be limited by his athleticism. I think he'll do a lot to help a team win but will never be an alpha on a team
Russell - I actually would probably take him #1 because his team outside of him is pretty terrible. He does a lot with not much help. I think he'll be the first All Star from this draft
Mudiay - Do not like or want him. Big strong guy with an average shot and below average explosiveness. Poor mans Tyreke. Do not want him at all
Porzingas - LOVE him, super young long and athletic. Pretty skilled also. I'd probably take him at 3 after Russell and Towns
WCS - I think he will be an impact guy from day 1. I'd take him 4 if it was up to me. He is a freak as far as size and quickness goes. Would love to have him coming off the bench for us. He'll be AS too imo
Johnson - Would be a great fit for the Jazz- Good shooter that will only get better, great body, very good defender and rebounder ... would only make the Jazz better with him on the court.
Hezonja - like him a lot but is he just going to be the next Bellinelli? Not a bad thing, but not a top 5 pick, if he slipped past Johnson I wouldn't mind him
Oubre is a few years out from being an NBA player

So I'd put them in this order

Russel
Towns
Porzingas
Okafor
WCS
Johnson
Hezonja
Mudiay

Not bad... I think Mudiay is better than that, but don't think he is a great fit with Exum here.

This draft's wild card to me is WCS. Unique guy and I could see NY or LA falling in love with him at #4. Some think Mudiay should be considered for the number one pick. I think there is a scenario where Russell drops to five. When they do athletic testing and workouts he could slide as he is a player who can show it all in a game, but the workouts may look bad.

I could also see Hezonja slipping to the 12, but it is unlikely. I would look to trade up if Im the Jazz, but I wouldn't throw the godfather offer unless we got Russell... Oh wait in this thread we won the lotto... Just take Russ and win chips.

Not bad... I think Mudiay is better than that, but don't think he is a great fit with Exum here.

This draft's wild card to me is WCS. Unique guy and I could see NY or LA falling in love with him at #4. Some think Mudiay should be considered for the number one pick. I think there is a scenario where Russell drops to five. When they do athletic testing and workouts he could slide as he is a player who can show it all in a game, but the workouts may look bad.

I could also see Hezonja slipping to the 12, but it is unlikely. I would look to trade up if Im the Jazz, but I wouldn't throw the godfather offer unless we got Russell... Oh wait in this thread we won the lotto... Just take Russ and win chips.

I don't see Russell going #1 in any scenario, unless the Jazz get it. That is why I think trading down a spot, which might not even be possible and I get that, is not a bad idea.

I don't see Russell going #1 in any scenario, unless the Jazz get it. That is why I think trading down a spot, which might not even be possible and I get that, is not a bad idea.

I think philly might... I get ya though. I'd just rather control it than allow someone else to dictate it when we are talking such high stakes. I think we have enough young guys and future draft assets.... More is always better, but I'm not sure id risk it unless it was for a super duper asset.

I love Favors, but Towns/Gobert would be the ultimate front court. He has the highest ceiling in this draft, IMO.

If we landed the #1 pick, one option I would consider (among many) would be to take Towns, and then trade Favors for Russell.

You do realize UK is undefeated this year right?

Sure, but NCAA basketball has tuned into a parody with hadly any parity : there are few supertemas like UK and with the roster they have, going undefeated isn't a meaningful achievement in terms of learning about players' potential from that result... Not saying Towns isn't good, just complaining about lack of parity, it just sucks.

Sure, but NCAA basketball has tuned into a parody with hadly any parity : there are few supertemas like UK and with the roster they have, going undefeated isn't a meaningful achievement in terms of learning about players' potential from that result... Not saying Towns isn't good, just complaining about lack of parity, it just sucks.
You misspelled vagina.

@OP, you do know that the 1st pick is 'magically' going to the Cav's don't you?
That would some magic trick by mr Silver
I love Favors, but Towns/Gobert would be the ultimate front court. He has the highest ceiling in this draft, IMO.

If we landed the #1 pick, one option I would consider (among many) would be to take Towns, and then trade Favors for Russell.
keep Favors and trade Hayward and three firsts for Durant. Championship!!
You guys taking Russell #1 are nuts.
No GM would do that.

If we are picking Russell #1. We better just trade the pick for Durant so be don't become the butt end of a joke in the nba.