What's new

If the Jazz has the guts to trade Conley, then...

everyone said:
Jazz wouldn't have gotten Bogdanovic without Conley
That will probably go down in jazz history as the most overused media hype line ever. I sometimes wonder if Bojan even remembers saying it.

That will probably go down in jazz history as the most overused media hype line ever. I sometimes wonder if Bojan even remembers saying it.
I have conducted an exhaustive Google search of minutes and minutes and cannot find a single quote from Bogey saying he only comes here if Conley does. In fact about all I can find in it is pundits saying, in effect, "reportedly Bogdanovic agreed to sign with the jazz after they agreed to a deal for Conley" and that's about it. So until someone posts a direct quote I'm calling Media hype, aka ********.

I have conducted an exhaustive Google search of minutes and minutes and cannot find a single quote from Bogey saying he only comes here if Conley does. In fact about all I can find in it is pundits saying, in effect, "reportedly Bogdanovic agreed to sign with the jazz after they agreed to a deal for Conley" and that's about it. So until someone posts a direct quote I'm calling Media hype, aka ********.
I know something was mentioned but it wasn’t like “once they got Mike I was headed to Utah”.

Scorching hot take alert... Bojan came here because we paid him the most money... crazy I know. Maybe he would have had similar offers but it sounded like both Utah and Bojan pivoted you each other and this was after we got Mike.

Now that mike is hurt we don’t need to pander to his bros... unleash teh effs out of Brantley and Bradley

I wonder if this nagging hamstring injury to Conley will force the Jazz to at least try for a competent PG backup via trade?

So would giving him even one minute a game increase or decrease his value? If he is a perpetual DNP CD had us definitely unreadable. I guess we are justified going to pay 9 mil a year for DNP CDs.

You do realize that nut Morris gets into a fight every game. Tonight, about seven minutes into the game against the lowly Hawks...Morris gets fouled on the arm and immediately steps to the guy and gets in his face. Players from both teams have to separate them. That happens every night with Morris. And we suck. Imagine how much more jacked Morris would be in games that actually matter.

It's kind of what we need though..

It's kind of what we need though..
Jae did the same thing we put on Morris quite a bit... when Jae does it it is toughness... when Morris does it he's a loose cannon. There is some off court stuff there on the Morris bros. obvi, but honestly as long as it doesn't go to far having the guy who wants to mix it up most nights is great.

Can we just get some bench players?? Two bench players scored last night, TWO!!!
The argument that you can't build a bench because you signed Bojan and traded for Conley is garbage... we just picked the wrong guys... I think you can get away with one guy like Jeff or Mudiay where scoring is going to be their major contribution and they aren't really consistent with that... having two guys like that is tough... Mudiay is trying to fit in and do more and I am impressed with the effort... Jeff is just Jeff. Then on top of it Niang has been a regular... he does some other stuff, but is mostly a shooter. Adding Royce to that unit seemed to make them functional.

Ed has been disappointing and we just kinda picked the wrong guy... I mean imagine if we had given that money to Holmes... I thought it was a decent signing but watching him in our system is rough.

It seems like a second round pick or two could be used to find a better 8th/9th man or that one of the young guys could come in and give us something better than what we are currently getting.

So would giving him even one minute a game increase or decrease his value? If he is a perpetual DNP CD had us definitely unreadable. I guess we are justified going to pay 9 mil a year for DNP CDs.
I think that they are more focused on winning than worrying about exums trade value.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

The argument that you can't build a bench because you signed Bojan and traded for Conley is garbage... we just picked the wrong guys... I think you can get away with one guy like Jeff or Mudiay where scoring is going to be their major contribution and they aren't really consistent with that... having two guys like that is tough... Mudiay is trying to fit in and do more and I am impressed with the effort... Jeff is just Jeff. Then on top of it Niang has been a regular... he does some other stuff, but is mostly a shooter. Adding Royce to that unit seemed to make them functional.

Ed has been disappointing and we just kinda picked the wrong guy... I mean imagine if we had given that money to Holmes... I thought it was a decent signing but watching him in our system is rough.

It seems like a second round pick or two could be used to find a better 8th/9th man or that one of the young guys could come in and give us something better than what we are currently getting.
I would try Brantley and replace Davis with Bradley yesterday.

I would try Brantley and replace Davis with Bradley yesterday.

I know a guy who been saying that... Bradley may not be the best answer but I think its a better answer than Ed is right now. Brantley in there instead of Niang would likely give Quin an aneurism but I think it would make more sense than Niang does with that unit. I think Niang could be effective but matched with Green its no Bueno.