What's new

If you could bring back any former Jazz player

• Thread starter Deleted member 5000
  • Start date
Prime AK off the bench sounds nice in theory except that he would be a huge distraction for the team and throw little fits. He would not fit in with this team and would be the anti-social guy he always was and a distraction if he isnt getting the touches and minutes he wanted.

Ingles > AK.

We talking prime numbers. AK's best 3 pt shooting season was 37%. More then respectful.

On 1.6 attempts. The year before he shot 21% and the year after that he shot 27%. On top of that no one guarded him at the three point line, those were wide open shots the opposing team dared and wanted him to take. That was an anomaly year for him. This was also way past his prime. AK peaked at 22 and got worse every year after that. He also wasnt very good in the playoffs for his career and shot 20% from 3 in his career in the playoffs.

Also actual blocks numbers are fine but over rated. Kind of like steals. Yes AK was very good at being a weakside rim defender. But he is not even in the same conversation as a rim protector as Gobert. Gobert completely changes the game on defense when he comes in. Teams stop going inside when Gobert is on the court. AK did not do that.

On 1.6 attempts. The year before he shot 21% and the year after that he shot 27%. On top of that no one guarded him at the three point line, those were wide open shots the opposing team dared and wanted him to take. That was an anomaly year for him.

Those poor shooting numbers were on 1.1 attempts and all his best % years were with more attempts so maybe it was related to how much he was shooting? He did have years with 33%, 32% and 36% as well so maybe that 21% and 27% was more of anomaly than 37%?. In anyway I agree that he was not very reliable shooter from deep and was very streaky. I remember he hit 5 threes in a row vs Lakers one game and then could not make 3 for next 3-4 games or so.

Yes AK was very good at being a weakside rim defender. But he is not even in the same conversation as a rim protector as Gobert. Gobert completely changes the game on defense when he comes in. Teams stop going inside when Gobert is on the court. AK did not do that.

You guys seem to forget that he was blocking shots not only as weak side defender but on the perimeter as well. His block numbers and % were actually highest when he was moved to small forward/guard position in 2004-2006. While I agree that some teams stop going inside when Gobert is on ( except Toronto, since for some reason Gobert can't stop JV) there were tons of players who changed their game plan when AK was guarding them ( I remember Pierce and Glen Robinson specifically mentioning it)

Seriously, if we could even combine two fringe guys with Steve Novak and Epke Udoh, then we’d be unstoppable. I do think a huge key for us is if we find a way to keep Udoh on the court when Gobert isn’t. I really think he’s underestimated how impactful he is. How we’re structured with spacing and bench scoring, though, it’s problematic, but we need to retain him beyond this year. Oh, and trade Bradley somewhere where he can actually get playing time.

Seriously, if we could even combine two fringe guys with Steve Novak and Epke Udoh, then we’d be unstoppable. I do think a huge key for us is if we find a way to keep Udoh on the court when Gobert isn’t. I really think he’s underestimated how impactful he is. How we’re structured with spacing and bench scoring, though, it’s problematic, but we need to retain him beyond this year. Oh, and trade Bradley somewhere where he can actually get playing time.
Bradley will probably be with the Jazz team instead of the stars next year. Udoh is probably gone and Favors could be.

The obvious answer is Hayward because we seen what he capable of doing with Utah. He got Jazz to playoffs and so did Mitchell.
all time without a doubt Dantley. With the new rules and Mitchell as a running partner

Hey, Dr. Udohenstein, always wanting to fuse him with a shooter.

A perfect team would have a a guy like Udoh's on his contract backing up Gobert for 12 mpg. Maybe he's not as good as last year IDK haven't noticed him much, but give me last season Udoh for the price.

I have a really bad take to make on Ingles. He had one ****ing job back when he was signed. Mentor Dante. He totally ****ed that up

Prime AK off the bench sounds nice in theory except that he would be a huge distraction for the team and throw little fits. He would not fit in with this team and would be the anti-social guy he always was and a distraction if he isnt getting the touches and minutes he wanted.

Ingles > AK.

How did I not see and love this before?

AK was a bitch.

I have a really bad take to make on Ingles. He had one ****ing job back when he was signed. Mentor Dante. He totally ****ed that up

Dante doesn’t want to be mentored. He doesn’t want to be coached. He’s always had **** figured out his way, is beyond criticism and just needs to fly away, free to show his brilliant colors.