What's new

If you could bring back any former Jazz player

• Thread starter Deleted member 5000
  • Start date
And it's not like Gobert is better shot blocker than AK... love Rudy but his block % at best year was 6% when AK had whooping 8.5% in his best season. AK was one of the kind - I mean one of the best shot blockers in NBA history. How is that not an asset? Especially when he can do all his damage on the perimeter and outside the paint as well.

Rudy is ABSOLUTELY one of the best shot blockers in the NBA, to the point where people don't often challenge the paint. Nobody passed up a shot with AK, he would often get them by surprising them from the weak side. The point of the Jazz D is to filter to Rudy and protect the perimeter. We don't need AK leaving his man in the corner for a weakside swat.

AK isn't doing much damage from outside. Prime DWill was great from long, great on the drive, and could defend the hell out of guards like CP3. He would look amazing next to Spida.

AK would be the 3rd star at best on this team. We all know how he handled that. I say this knowing that AK was my favorite player for years.

Rudy is ABSOLUTELY one of the best shot blockers in the NBA, to the point where people don't often challenge the paint. Nobody passed up a shot with AK, he would often get them by surprising them from the weak side. The point of the Jazz D is to filter to Rudy and protect the perimeter. We don't need AK leaving his man in the corner for a weakside swat.

AK isn't doing much damage from outside. Prime DWill was great from long, great on the drive, and could defend the hell out of guards like CP3. He would look amazing next to Spida.

AK would be the 3rd star at best on this team. We all know how he handled that. I say this knowing that AK was my favorite player for years.

Rudy is selective in when he goes for blocks too... he understands if he sells out and misses it’s a dunk. I’m consistently amazed at how he challenges and still gets back for the rebound... even when he goes out to the perimeter... I’m beginning to think there are too many that truly don’t understand how friggin great Rudy is... sad.

Money Memo.

From 2006-2012 he was one of the most dynamic offensive bigs in the league. And that was when people still posted up and before the league discovered the 3 point shot.

Rudy is ABSOLUTELY one of the best shot blockers in the NBA, to the point where people don't often challenge the paint. Nobody passed up a shot with AK, he would often get them by surprising them from the weak side.

That's not true. AK would disrupt other teams offense like no other, teams would change their whole game plan because of that. He was blocking shots on perimeter, mid range, paint you name it. You probably did not watch games when he would block Carmelo, Pierce or Kobe's jumpers 2-3 times in a row and they would stop shooting jumpers with him around trying to drive or pump fake or just pass out. Rudy has benefits of being 7'2 with 7'6 wingspan and sitting in the paint and still as I said his shot blocking % at best year was 2.5% less then AK. If we talking pure shot blocking skill ( ignoring position and physical parameters) AK was the best shot blocker Jazz ever had.

. If we talking pure shot blocking skill ( ignoring position and physical parameters) AK was the best shot blocker Jazz ever had.

That isn't the way it works now isn't it? People entered the paint all of the time against those Jazz teams. Look, I'm not saying AK wouldn't be great to have in place of a Thabo. But are you going to start him over Jingles, based on how this team is built? Is the better defense (Jingles is no slouch himself) better than the deep threat Ingles brings? I'd easily replace Rubio with Prime DWill and not look back for a second. And we would be championship contenders. Sometime Best outweighs better.

That isn't the way it works now isn't it? People entered the paint all of the time against those Jazz teams. Look, I'm not saying AK wouldn't be great to have in place of a Thabo. But are you going to start him over Jingles, based on how this team is built? Is the better defense (Jingles is no slouch himself) better than the deep threat Ingles brings? I'd easily replace Rubio with Prime DWill and not look back for a second. And we would be championship contenders. Sometime Best outweighs better.
lol who said you would start AK over Ingles? You start AK over Favors. AK at 4 was the best although he used to play minutes at 2 or 3. If you have Malone at 4 then move AK to the bench.

Past, Karl Malone
Current: I'd love to see Trevor Booker on this team with his hustle. Or Kyle Korver hitting magical 3's.

AK at 4 was the best although he used to play minutes at 2 or 3.

Remember he took over point guard for a few quarters when we caught the injury bug - AK47 on this team would be fun, versatility x 1000

Pistol P
DM45
Jingles
AK47
Gobert

Dude... when I made the post Hornacek had not been mentioned, after I brought him up more people discussed him (time stamps are a beautiful thing).
Dude... I just took a quick look back. I see Hornacek mentioned in post 13. I don't care enough to search for your post, but it came somewhere after that one, so time stamps might not be as beautiful a thing as you thought (at least, if proving your meaningless point actually matters to you).

Dude... I just took a quick look back. I see Hornacek mentioned in post 13. I don't care enough to search for your post, but it came somewhere after that one, so time stamps might not be as beautiful a thing as you thought (at least, if proving your meaningless point actually matters to you).
With the most minimal amount of effort you would have seen that post 13 was edited after I made my post (their post even starts with "Edited"). Again, time stamps are a beautiful thing.
I encourage you to spend a few minutes learning how timestamps work if you plan to make a habit of calling out the timing of other members comments (but it seems like a waist of time).

With the most minimal amount of effort you would have seen that post 13 was edited after I made my post (their post even starts with "Edited"). Again, time stamps are a beautiful thing.
I encourage you to spend a few minutes learning how timestamps work if you plan to make a habit of calling out the timing of other members comments (but it seems like a waist of time).
waist%2Bof%2Btime.jpg