What's new

If you could bring back any former Jazz player

• Thread starter Deleted member 5000
  • Start date
I love watching the videos of Pistol Pete. You know watching the video of his career-high 68 points, it looks like at least 7 maybe eight of those were at about the NBA 3-point line even if only five of those were far enough outside of that he would have been at 73 points. And the two offensive fouls they called on him we're pretty much BS. Man he's fun to watch. I would love to see what Pistol Pete and Donovan could do together on the floor today.

People act like Pistol played in the 1920s or something, he retired in 1980. The game isn't as different as people make it out to be. The best athlete to ever play any sport many experts agree is Wilt, I'd say only rivaled by Lebron.

Pistol for sure on the offensive side would be like Nash and Manu only with better range. Dont know about defense.

Griffith would be a great pick with his 3pt shoot and defense and speed.

Ak would work in the league today. I think he would have improved his outside shooting since I think Sloan wanted to work the ball in first and Snider wants to let it rain. Ak and Durant remind me of mirror images of each other. One is a great shooter and good defensively and the other is a great defender and good shooter.

I think Malone in this system would be interesting. He would probably set more top screen roll with pick and pop. Some baseline jumpers and maybe extend out to 3. Less low post scoring. Blake griffin like maybe.

Griffith would be a great pick with his 3pt shoot
Had to look this one up because I had never recall him being a three-point shooter (at least not really good). Career 33.2% shooter.

People act like Pistol played in the 1920s or something, he retired in 1980. The game isn't as different as people make it out to be. The best athlete to ever play any sport many experts agree is Wilt, I'd say only rivaled by Lebron.

Lol

Yes... over the last 40 years humans and basketball have not evolved much... oh wait.

Stockton
Mitchell
Ingles
Malone
Gobert

Bench:
DWill
Hornacek
Millsap
Okur
Eaton

Put Karl Malone as a 26 year old and you have a championship roster. Or Ostertag cause he is obviously the goat.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I cant believe no on has

Curtis Borchardt
Antoine Carr
Goooooordaaaaan Giricek

Also, add the CHEEKS of Maurice to that Frankenstein player. He needs to have the nut carrying capacity of a bull chipmunk.

Malone would be interesting for so many reasons. I love his ferocity. Even in todays league young Karl would outrun most of the bigger defenders on fast breaks. His passing is underated because he didnt need to often, but he was quick with great touch . he would punish any team that tried to go small ball , and teams would lament their choice of sending help to stop Karl at the expense of leaving Mitchell , Ingles, Allen, or Rubio open for three. And i think his hands and feet were quick enough to play the switching defenses.

On the other hand Karl never excelled as a rim protector except for that time against Isaiah . And Karl performed better when he could feel the defender and get him on his hip, i recall he struggled against the quick bouncy Rodman and got swatted alot by help defenders.

Still, I believe Karl would adapt and find ways to excell and I would love to watch Quin play Playoff chess with Karl as another piece.

Former Jazzman still in the league?

Jonas Jerebko. I think the jazz will miss his elite corner three production even though it came with some crazy drives to the hoop.