I would want a true Frankenstein.
Dantley's legs,
Stockton's short shorts
Malone's arms and torso
Byron Russel's face
Mark Eaton's beard
Luther Wright's drugs
and Ronnie Brewers Chocolate Milk.

Put Karl Malone as a 26 year old and you have a championship roster. Or Ostertag cause he is obviously the goat.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Put Karl Malone (at ANY age) on this roster and it's a championship. We would demolish any team in the league. Including the Warriors.

Past- Malone would be my first, second and third choices. If Malone was teamed up with Gobert, DM and this deep roster it's a guaranteed championship. But since I can't choose him, it's gotta be D-Will or Pistol Pete. Either one would provide the extra added offensive firepower and shot creation that our current roster could really benefit from. Boozer wouldn't be a bad choice either tbh.

Current- Korver or Iso Joe. Millsap can't stay healthy. Hood doesn't have the right attitude. And screw the thought of bringing Hayward back. Joe was a good fit. And Korver would be. So either works.

Had to look this one up because I had never recall him being a three-point shooter (at least not really good). Career 33.2% shooter.
If you look at the 3 point shooters in the league at the time 33.2% was pretty good. Almost nobody shot them and not encouraged. His percentage would go up in todays game.

Peak Harpring would be pretty sweet on this team. He embodies who we are now and would add a little bit of everything, maybe even being able to play the stretch 4 well, as undersized as he might be for that role.

He wouldn’t be my first choice but he’d be up there and ahead of AK who I’d want nowhere near this club.

I would love to see Griffith on this team. In his prime he was stellar. Highly athletic, good defender, deep range, could generate his own shot but played well within the offense, smart player. We forget how good he was, and how good he could have been had he not had that major injury. After his injury he more or less became a 3 and D guy, but before, with the potential he had. Called Dr. Dunkenstein for a reason. Wow.

Yes... over the last 40 years humans and basketball have not evolved much... oh wait.

I wasn't surprised to see a play we ran junior high the jazz ran it last night when they threw that half court pass to Favors and he brought the ball up for a sec and hit a guard on the opposite side - that play has been used to break full court pressess probably long before I was born. Still running it 50 years later, still a basket 10 feet of the ground and 5 guys dribbling it's not a completely different game if they running that saammmmeeee play

Did you ever play organized basketball at any level? If so you'd know what i'm talking bout

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't surprised to see a play we ran in the junior the jazz ran it last night when they threw that half court pass to Favors and he brought the ball up for a sec and hit a guard on the opposite side - that play has been used to break full court pressess probably long before I was born. Still running it 50 years later, still a basket 10 feet of the ground and 5 guys dribbling it's not a completely different game if they running that saammmmeeee play

Did you ever play organized basketball at any level? If so you'd know what i'm talking bout

GTFOH... I still play organized basketball and pickup ball several times a week. Just because some of the actions survive it doesn’t mean the game hasn’t changed significantly and that the humans aren’t on a completely different level.

You need to go down to your local blockbuster... rent some old finals videos throw them in the VCR and compare to what you are seeing now. I realize this will make you have to walk up hill both ways in the snow but it’s a worthwhile endevour.

GTFOH... I still play organized basketball and pickup ball several times a week. Just because some of the actions survive it doesn’t mean the game hasn’t changed significantly and that the humans aren’t on a completely different level.

You need to go down to your local blockbuster... rent some old finals videos throw them in the VCR and compare to what you are seeing now. I realize this will make you have to walk up hill both ways in the snow but it’s a worthwhile endevour.

And I'll see the same play ran in those tapes. Pull up paint and draw it - you can't. It's commonly ran.

And I'll see the same play ran in those tapes. Pull up paint and draw it - you can't. It's commonly ran.

Sweet... again not all the actions are irrelevant now but the game is very different from 40 years ago... doesn’t mean everything has changed... if you can’t see it then these words won’t help any.

Computers from 40 years ago had screens and processors... computers today have screens and processors... does not mean they are the same.

Yet same IT guys doing their thing, principles behind the tech rarely change.

Yet same IT guys doing their thing, principles behind the tech rarely change.

Well I can't help you man... you aren't making arguments. The computers is what i was talking about.. they have clearly gotten better and more powerful... as have NBA players.

I saw DM take a jumpshot and do a spin move last night... those are both things Oscar Robertson did... see game hasn't changed. Sounds like some Charles Barkley back in my day ****.

Who would it be?

1) who is currently in the league
2) any from the past, excluding Stockton & Malone

Prime DWIll or prime, engaged AK. AK would be the perfect stretch 4 in todays game. We would even play him at the 5 against small lineups. And could guard guys like Durant

Fairly certain AK wouldn't have been fond of the 3 hour practices. He couldn't really stretch the floor either. Gobert's rim protection makes him kind of redundant. Give me prime Memo or Deron and we are in business.

I don't understand the logic of Gobert's rim protection makes him redundant. That's seems to be like saying Curry's 3 point shooting makes Klay's 3 point shooting redundant, no?

I am shocked at the lack of two obvious players:

1) Gordon Hayward
2) Hornacek

Gordon would take the team to another level, and Hornacek would kill it in this offense!
Never heard of the first guy. The second guy has already been mentioned several times so I'm not sure what's shocking you.

I don't understand the logic of Gobert's rim protection makes him redundant. That's seems to be like saying Curry's 3 point shooting makes Klay's 3 point shooting redundant, no?
And it's not like Gobert is better shot blocker than AK... love Rudy but his block % at best year was 6% when AK had whooping 8.5% in his best season. AK was one of the kind - I mean one of the best shot blockers in NBA history. How is that not an asset? Especially when he can do all his damage on the perimeter and outside the paint as well.