What's new

INDIANA TOOK TALENT AGAIN

I preferred Turner but Lyles might just be the better fit, despite Turner looking like the better overall player imo.

I'm happy with both Hayward and Lyles so far

Are we going to complain about every good player we could have drafted? What about the ones we drafted and became much better players than others picked ahead of them (Gobert, Hood) ?

Pointless thread

Yes. And thank you for ask me.

I don't think Turner can bring it like this!

giphy.gif

This kills me everytime

Klay was caught with marijuana in college. Who here actually thinks the KOC regime would have seriously considered him?

Now, Kawhi, on the other hand...

The Jazz have drafted plenty of shady characters, plus we aren't the only franchise to ever pass on someone with a shady past, also it's not like the Jazz were the only team to pass on Kawhi, hell Indiana traded him for George Hill, good not great player. I can only imagine the discussions their fans have had about that. Or the nuggets fans blowing up over trading Gobert for a bag of stale chips.

Let's also not forget that the Jazz have had their share of successes. Drafting hood in the 20s or trading for Gobert, drafting Millsap and Bryon Russell. While we did draft Hayward over PG, but it was worse for a few teams ahead of the Jazz. Think it was the clippers drafting at #8 directly ahead of us. They could've drafted Hayward or PG but chose the somewhat journeyman Aminu, and last but not least. We drafted two HOFers in consecutive years at 13&16.

Every team has its successes and failures. It's hilarious to see some go full pms because we didn't do this or that completely forgetting what they've done right, but whatever, please continue the pms

Evidently kawhi has Hornacek in poor graced with jazz. He called out the Jazz on draft night publicly for not taking him.

Having Turner and Gobert on the court at the same time would make us the slowest and poorly spaced front court in the NBA. That would be bad as the NBA is trending towards smaller quicker stretch 4s, like Lyles, who can nail 3s.

I don't think Turner can bring it like this!

giphy.gif

Turner isn't like that at all.. LOL.

Myles is a pretty serious/mature teenager, he's much more of a stiff, he's also very well-spoken. They constantly mentioned that he was one of the most mature players on UT last season, despite being the youngest on the team.

Klay was caught with marijuana in college. Who here actually thinks the KOC regime would have seriously considered him?

Now, Kawhi, on the other hand...

Klay was picked ahead of the Jazz pick so there was no chance the Jazz could pick Klay. I agree with Leonard even though I was torn between Alec and Leonard.

As far as Miles, I liked his game but again he was picked before Lyles. I was happy with Lyles pick too. Unlikely, many Jazz fans I am willing to wait a few years before I claim a player is a bust. There are many talented players in the league the Jazz can't draft them all. I give the Jazz a B+ overall. They have gotten steals with Gobert and Hood, I think Lyle will turn out to be another steal if he keeps improving like he has.

Ever heard of a guy named Robert Whaley?

Big difference in risk between a 2nd rounder like Whaley (aka Bobby Williams) and a lottery pick. Besides, how'd that work out? Rumor had it that Burks was extremely high on the Jazz board, but hot high in the same way Klay was.

Turner is better, but Lyles is a decent consolation prize. I was worried he wasnt going to give us much seeing him early. Now he has shown he can
produce in the NBA. At least we didnt get a dud.

these 2020 hindsight draft threads are a bit tiresome. The idea that even the best experts can predict the future is pretty silly. They make their best educated guess with limited data. It is fair game to judge the overall portfolio of choices. But complaining about drafting a guy who is a top 6 SF over another who is a top 3?