What's new

Ingles is awful; Major black eye for DL

TheGobertReport

Joe Ingles is a decent 10th man in the NBA. If the Jazz simply paid what they did in the offseason as a ploy to keep Hayward, it is a crippling move. If the Jazz brass felt Ingles was truly worth that contract as a player, it's very alarming. Ingles needs to lose minutes big time or get hurt.

Joe Ingles is a decent 10th man in the NBA. If the Jazz simply paid what they did in the offseason as a ploy to keep Hayward, it is a crippling move. If the Jazz brass felt Ingles was truly worth that contract as a player, it's very alarming. Ingles needs to lose minutes big time or get hurt.

100% agree.

Ingles KILLED us tonight. He kept forcing awful PNR with gobert and favors. He refuses to shoot when hes open.

Guy can play decent team defense and his length helps him.

Last edited:
He just needs to come off the bench. He's not a quality starter. Kinda like Favors.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think the Jazz got head-faked into overpaying Ingles, but not by much. His contract declines over the next few years. I think Ingles can be a 5th man or 7th man. He's a rotation player.

Ingles is probably playing too many minutes. He clearly becomes a worse shooter when fatigued (as in the case with everyone). Just kind of hard to not have Ingles on the floor as much as possible because he does so many positives things on the offensive end.

Yeah, I think the Jazz got head-faked into overpaying Ingles, but not by much. His contract declines over the next few years. I think Ingles can be a 5th man or 7th man. He's a rotation player.

Ingles is not overpaid at all. It's one of the most fair contracts in the NBA.

nope. ingles is a great player. we all know he is not number one option. if we had a good number one option he would've been great

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Ingles is probably playing too many minutes. He clearly becomes a worse shooter when fatigued (as in the case with everyone). Just kind of hard to not have Ingles on the floor as much as possible because he does so many positives things on the offensive end.
Ingles is good, but he's barely a starter. The Jazz are asking him to do too much. I liked him better when the jazz were paying him 2 million.

Another reason why the Jazz's talent peaked last year is because they no longer have a ridiculously under paid player. If the Jazz are going to compete, they need to hit a homerun on guys like Royce ONeal and Nate Wolters.

He's a fantastic role player, not a pick and roll or dribble to the hoop PG.

Ingles is fantastic in the PNR. He is one of the better passers we have out of it. He just made some bad decisions tonight. To act like Ingles cant play PNR (which I saw people saying) is stupid. Dude sets up Gobert better than anyone on the team.

Ingles is good, but he's barely a starter. The Jazz are asking him to do too much. I liked him better when the jazz were paying him 2 million.

Another reason why the Jazz's talent peaked last year is because they no longer have a ridiculously under paid player. If the Jazz are going to compete, they need to hit a homerun on guys like Royce ONeal and Nate Wolters.

Ingles is 100% a starter.

He's good and fairly paid. He just has way too big a role given the current personnel...

We miss Hayward badly.

Gobert is going to be underpaid for as long as he is in the NBA. Mitchell was the 13th pick in this year's draft and is a starter. Those sound like great bargains.

Ingles is not awful but he's also not someone you pay to be your starter IMO. Especially going forward I think this contract will not look good.

Just 10 days ago this board was saying how much of a steal Ingles was. Bipolar fans are awesome.

Umh, I've been saying this is a bad contract since we signed it.

I can't disagree more with you. Ingles is one of those guys that might not put up a ton of numbers but is always making positive plays for the team. He isn't a decent team defender he is a near elite overall defender...somehow. He's a really smart player who does everything pretty well. A couple bad games doesn't change that.

Definitely a starter, and although he's more of a glue guy he is so good at it that his contract is worth what he brings. I do think that he isn't in an ideal spot right now but that's because the whole team is trying to make up for the Rubio/Favs/Gobert bermuda triangle where the spacing just disappears. He's not perfect. He probably should only play 24-28 minutes a night, he passes up too many shots still, but overall he has been one of the more reliable players.