What's new

Ingles is awful; Major black eye for DL

Face it, he paired very well with Hayward.

Maybe we can involve Ingles in a trade to the celtics for a #1

Face it, he paired very well with Hayward.

Maybe we can involve Ingles in a trade to the celtics for a #1

Neither team would do that.

Ingles is our best point guard and shooter. We just don't have a good point guard or reliable shooters.

Neither team would do that.

Ingles is our best point guard and shooter. We just don't have a good point guard or reliable shooters.

WTH Numbnuts? Donovan is our best PG, SG and SF.

(just wanted to say Numbnuts)

The new RPM numbers are out and Ingles has been our best player according to them. He's no. 25 in the league and no. 6 SF in the league by RPM.

The new RPM numbers are out and Ingles has been our best player according to them. He's no. 25 in the league and no. 6 SF in the league by RPM.

And he's only going to get better. But that seems suspicious.

I've been seeing more and more of this idea that Ingles is garbage on different Jazz sites. This is such a crazy idea to me. He always gives you good defense, and good playmaking. Occasionally he'll shoot badly, but more often than not he is shooting well and is always seen as a threat from deep at least.

Even last night he led the team in assists and generally made good plays out there. He's worth his contract even though it would have been nice to get him for a bit less. To me he's one of the three untouchable assets with Gobert and Mitchell. My Dante homerism wants to add him too, but with so much up in the air there I'm afraid his timeline might not end up working with Utah's. We'll see.

Anyway, I think Ingles will look even better with a more competent team around him. His value will increase the better the team gets, and his contract will continue to fall over that same time.

I've been seeing more and more of this idea that Ingles is garbage on different Jazz sites. This is such a crazy idea to me. He always gives you good defense, and good playmaking. Occasionally he'll shoot badly, but more often than not he is shooting well and is always seen as a threat from deep at least.

Even last night he led the team in assists and generally made good plays out there. He's worth his contract even though it would have been nice to get him for a bit less. To me he's one of the three untouchable assets with Gobert and Mitchell. My Dante homerism wants to add him too, but with so much up in the air there I'm afraid his timeline might not end up working with Utah's. We'll see.

Anyway, I think Ingles will look even better with a more competent team around him. His value will increase the better the team gets, and his contract will continue to fall over that same time.

Ingles is such a good teammate. While he is below average in athletic ability for an NBA player, he makes up for it with his intelligence and good fundamentals. He also is a good shooter. All teams can use a player like him.

Ingles is great for a great team, he can do everything. But right now the Jazz are pretty ordinary and we are asking Ingles to do too much.

He is a 3rd option but atm we have no one to take the defenses attention.

LOL people think Ingles is the problem.

We have Hood who is worthless when his shot is off, Ingles contributes even when his shot is off and is better than Hood in almost everyway. I hope some idiot GM offers him a lot of money, and that it's not the Jazz.
We have Rubio, who still doesn't seem to understand that A)he's now on the Jazz and B) he is a terrible shooter.
We have Favors/Gobert/Rubio in our starting lineup, how are any of those guys supposed to work where they are best when all 3 are best in the same spots?

The trade for Rubio is starting to look like a complete disaster to me. I cringe every time he has the ball. Defensively he's great, offensively not so much.

We have Hood who is worthless when his shot is off, Ingles contributes even when his shot is off and is better than Hood in almost everyway. I hope some idiot GM offers him a lot of money, and that it's not the Jazz.
We have Rubio, who still doesn't seem to understand that A)he's now on the Jazz and B) he is a terrible shooter.
We have Favors/Gobert/Rubio in our starting lineup, how are any of those guys supposed to work where they are best when all 3 are best in the same spots?

The trade for Rubio is starting to look like a complete disaster to me. I cringe every time he has the ball. Defensively he's great, offensively not so much.

The thing with Ingles is the amount of open shots he turns down, it really ****s our offense. We work hard to get an open look and he turns it down and then we are back to 1 on 1 and stagnant and trying to create something out of nothing. At least Hood pulls the trigger.

Ingles is everything you could ask for in a glue guy. He's not more than a glue guy, but he does every ****ing thing that doesn't show up in the box score in addition to some things that do. Dude is a ****ing player and plays winning ball. When keeping score of this organization's hits and misses, Ingles is totally a hit. Some guy picked up off the scrap heap that becomes your ace perimeter defender, best playmaker, and most reliable shooter? ****ing awesome.

The thing with Ingles is the amount of open shots he turns down, it really ****s our offense. We work hard to get an open look and he turns it down and then we are back to 1 on 1 and stagnant and trying to create something out of nothing. At least Hood pulls the trigger.

And bricks it and does little to contribute otherwise, then falls over and misses a week.

And bricks it and does little to contribute otherwise, then falls over and misses a week.

Haha. thats good.

Hoods shots will fall, I think hes just in a bad headspace, not sure of his role and is trying too hard (hes trying to morph from Rodney Hood to Joe Buckets in a few months).

I like Ingles. He is not part of the problem. Sure, we overpaid him in a way to impress Hayward, but he is still valuable to this team. In my mind, our player values (short and long term and contract considered) go as follows:
#1 - Gobert
#2 - Mitchell
#3 - Hood
#4 - Exum
#5 - Ingles
#6 - Rubio
#7 - Favors
#8 - JoeJ
#9 - Bradley
#10 - Thabo
#11 - Udoh
#12 - Jerekbo
#13 - Neto
#14 - O'Neal
#15 - Burks

I consider Ingles a top 5 value player for us.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I like Ingles. He is not part of the problem. Sure, we overpaid him in a way to impress Hayward, but he is still valuable to this team. In my mind, our player values (short and long term and contract considered) go as follows:
#1 - Gobert
#2 - Mitchell
#3 - Hood
#4 - Exum
#5 - Ingles
#6 - Rubio
#7 - Favors
#8 - JoeJ
#9 - Bradley
#10 - Thabo
#11 - Udoh
#12 - Jerekbo
#13 - Neto
#14 - O'Neal
#15 - Burks

I consider Ingles a top 5 value player for us.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
Not sure he's an overpay. 3 and D guys that are ace playmakers aren't a type of player. Ingles is perhaps the most unique player in the league.

In addition to his horrific offense, Rubio's on man-defense is about to get exposed as well without Rudy to bail him out.

Rubio has great hands on defense; but he takes a lot of dumb chances and is contantly out of position - Teague embarrassed him the other night. My guess is it will only get worse.

As far as Ingles is concerned he's a great glue-guy but he needs top shelf guys to play off of. Without guys like Hayward and Hill around it's basically bread without the meat.

In addition to his horrific offense, Rubio's on man-defense is about to get exposed as well without Rudy to bail him out.

Rubio has great hands on defense; but he takes a lot of dumb chances and is contantly out of position - Teague embarrassed him the other night. My guess is it will only get worse.

As far as Ingles is concerned he's a great glue-guy but he needs top shelf guys to play off of. Without guys like Hayward and Hill around it's basically bread without the meat.

i was reading the wolves forums 2yrs ago and this is something many people say.

rubio plays solid team defense but hes not a 1 on 1 lockdown defender