What's new

Is Derrick Favors the best player on this team?

couscous

I feel like had he play full time as center, he would have a monster/all star season. is he the best player on this team right now?

Maybe. Hard to say.
Imo favors, Hayward, Gobert, and Burks are all bunched pretty close.

So far this year I would rank them
1.Favors
2.Burks
3.Gobert
4.Hayward

For their careers so far probably
1.Hayward
2.Favors
3.Gobert
4.Burks

For my guess of their futures (potential upside)

1.gobert
2.Burks
3.Favors
4.Hayward

For my guess of their futures (potential upside)

1.gobert
2.Burks
3.Favors
4.Hayward

I would put Favors as #1 for future as well. I think Gobert is good but his game is really projecting out to be a prime Tyson Chandler, which is nothing to be ashamed of. I think the future really should build around Favors and optimizes his strength with the roster

Clearly it's Rodney Hood. He is a player that could put up way more numbers if the Jazz focused on him a bit more. He is damn near as smooth as Kobe in his prime and has a very good shot that looks effortless. Not too much debate on the clear number 1.

I am Lost_Jazz_Fan and I approve this message

Paid for by the Rodney Hood fan club association

Yes he is, IMO. He is a force on both ends of the floor and has shown consistent improvement his whole career and I think he will continue to get better. Hayward is now second falling from first in my opinion. Gobert is great on defense but will he ever have much of an offensive game? Could he have done as well last night if Favors were out with an injury? I like Burks but I have him fourth along with Hood.

Clearly it's Rodney Hood. He is a player that could put up way more numbers if the Jazz focused on him a bit more. He is damn near as smooth as Kobe in his prime and has a very good shot that looks effortless. Not too much debate on the clear number 1.

I am Lost_Jazz_Fan and I approve this message

Paid for by the Rodney Hood fan club association

I agree that Rodney could become a star at some point, he is so freakishly smooth and makes everything look easy.

Lol @ fish. The burks homer is strong.
Whenever he has gotten minutes, he has produced.
Just keep giving him 30+ minutes and he will be included in with the other 3.

Hayward is still the best player on the team. 8 games does not undo all of what happened last year.

Favors and Hayward are the most complete players on our team.

Gobert and Burks are stronger in the areas they specialize in, but don't have the all around games and versatility that Hayward/Favors have.

1a. Hayward
1b. Favors
2. Gobert
3. Burks

Hayward is still the best player on the team. 8 games does not undo all of what happened last year.

Gobert and Burks are stronger in the areas they specialize in, but don't have the all around games and versatility that Hayward/Favors have.

1a. Hayward
1b. Favors
2. Gobert
3. Burks

I agree with this.

Whenever he has gotten minutes, he has produced.
Just keep giving him 30+ minutes and he will be included in with the other 3.

I think burks is good, but the question I have is can he contribute efficiently? The last few games, he has been shooting threes and driving and dishing. That completely changes how defenses see him. He can be pretty damn good if he keeps improving like that.

I don't disagree that he is one of the four best on the team right now, I just think there is a clear step down from the other three. I hope he proves me wrong though. Like I said above, passing and volume of threes taken will go a long way toward his growth. And defense.

Favors is the best player on this team right now. Going forward I think Favors will be for a year or two more unless Hayward really breaks out. But the biggest star power and highest potential on this team is still Exum.

Favors is the best player on this team right now. Going forward I think Favors will be for a year or two more unless Hayward really breaks out. But the biggest star power and highest potential on this team is still Exum.

I really hope you are right. Favors, Hayward and gobert are pretty awesome right now, and will probably each be all stars a time or two, but if Exum exceeds all of that, this team will be pretty great. Probably not as great as the Warriors are, but still pretty great.

I feel like had he play full time as center, he would have a monster/all star season. is he the best player on this team right now?
He was the best player on the team last year and probably the year before. He's even better this year and still the best player. This season I don't think there is even a legitimate argument against him.

He was the best player on the team last year and probably the year before. He's even better this year and still the best player. This season I don't think there is even a legitimate argument against him.

I'd say Hayward has been the best player last 2-3 seasons.
Favors is running away with it this season.

1a. Hayward
1b. Favors
2. Gobert
3. Burks

I agree with what you said, but I think Gobert is the best player.

Gobert may be sloppy on offense, but I think his defense has the biggest impact out of everyone. Again, I agree Hayward and Favors are more skilled and well rounded, but it can't be ignored how big the difference is when Gobert isn't in the game compared to when he is. I know you can't get it done with Gobert alone, but he'd be the last player I'd dare trade away.