What's new

Is Tom Brady the best football player of all time?

Is Tom Brady the best football player?

• Yes

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No (reply who is)

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters
what made Muhammad Ali the undisputed GOAT of boxing?

Rocky Marciano went undefeated, Mayweather might too. Ray Robinson had a crazy record too.

Could well be argued that Ali was the GOAT athlete of the 21st century. MJ is the only athlete who'd be close, in that he superseded his on-court production with being a cultural phenomenon. Most general people who know MJ couldn't tell you how many championships he won. Most people who know Ali couldn't tell you how many belts he won.

Could well be argued that Ali was the GOAT athlete of the 21st century. MJ is the only athlete who'd be close, in that he superseded his on-court production with being a cultural phenomenon. Most general people who know MJ couldn't tell you how many championships he won. Most people who know Ali couldn't tell you how many belts he won.

So what kind of important information do you think people could tell you about them? Is it the fact that most people could tell you that MJ sells Nikes that makes him the goat? Is it because he played with Bugs Bunny?

So what kind of important information do you think people could tell you about them? Is it the fact that most people could tell you that MJ sells Nikes that makes him the goat? Is it because he played with Bugs Bunny?

They would tell you he's the best basketball player ever.

As for best QB, it's easy to have a class of top 3 to 5 best QBs of all-time-- Brady is obviously in the top 3 but arguments can be made for any one of them. It's like the top 5 MC discussion in rap music. Inherently subjective.

True GOATs stand out past their peers though. I hate Michael Jordan with every fibre of my soul, and I do think it can be argued that there is a player in NBA history that is "better", but when you factor his career, on-court productions, off-court impact, and how the league (and pop-culture) changed after him? He's the greatest. Basketball was never the same after him. Just like boxing was different before and after Ali.

To be the greatest necessitates the whole package. How do you supersede your on-court contributions? Severing social context from professional athletes is dumb, especially seeing as (generally) there's no objective way to use stats to bolster a unanimous agreement. Is the best PG the one who has the most assists? Or the one who started on the most championship teams? Is the best QB the one with the best passing stats? Or the one who won the most? How much does it matter having 5 rings than 4? Are Jordan's 6 more impressive than Kareem's scoring record?

It's all messy. Thwacks of boxers have stats that on first glance are more impressive than Ali's-- so why is he considered the unanimous GOAT?

The definition of a true GOAT is subjective. I think you would find the majority of sports fans don't care about Brady's political leanings.

it's a societal letdown every time that soft sack of **** dodges every easily-answerable question, and avoids using his platform to instill positive change. Arguing that it's a "distraction" flies in the face of every other successful athlete, coach, and team that *miraculously* does both.

Regarding his greatness, Vince Wlfork (former teammate), Paul Pierce, and Bron have all said he's the GOAT. Don't take their word though, trust Dala. Cause Tom is totes a bigot.

Continue to enjoy the lack of direct responses to every (correct) point that I've made.

it's a societal letdown every time that soft sack of **** dodges every easily-answerable question, and avoids using his platform to instill positive change. Arguing that it's a "distraction" flies in the face of every other successful athlete, coach, and team that *miraculously* does both.

What does he stand to gain? You're already calling him a bigot, and you're not alone. He's just avoiding having to deal with a bunch of loons. The only reason you want him to talk about it is so that you have a reason to complain more about somebody who likes Trump. It's pathetic.

He is unequivocally the best QB. But what about overall football player?

His underdog story is my favorite sports story. From 7th on the depth chart at Michigan....to 4th on the Patriots. His ability to overcome is inspiring.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/how-brady-went-from-7th-string-at-michigan-to-nfls-best/ar-AAmNycF?ocid=ob-fb-enus-280

He's not unequivocally the best qb of all-time. The amount of variables that factor into such a decision are almost infinite. That said, no he is not. The best player of all-time in my opinion is Jerry Rice.

Dala, Brady has had hundreds of teammates by now, the majority of them from different backgrounds than him.

How many instances can we find from those who know him best where they would categorize him as a bigot, or something similar? Or ya know, just base it on him and Trump being friends. Seems pretty obvious to me, but I'm sure there's something I missed that you can find.

Who are the successful athletes and/or coaches who have used their platform for undeniable positive change?

They would tell you he's the best basketball player ever.

As for best QB, it's easy to have a class of top 3 to 5 best QBs of all-time-- Brady is obviously in the top 3 but arguments can be made for any one of them. It's like the top 5 MC discussion in rap music. Inherently subjective.

True GOATs stand out past their peers though. I hate Michael Jordan with every fibre of my soul, and I do think it can be argued that there is a player in NBA history that is "better", but when you factor his career, on-court productions, off-court impact, and how the league (and pop-culture) changed after him? He's the greatest. Basketball was never the same after him. Just like boxing was different before and after Ali.

To be the greatest necessitates the whole package. How do you supersede your on-court contributions? Severing social context from professional athletes is dumb, especially seeing as (generally) there's no objective way to use stats to bolster a unanimous agreement. Is the best PG the one who has the most assists? Or the one who started on the most championship teams? Is the best QB the one with the best passing stats? Or the one who won the most? How much does it matter having 5 rings than 4? Are Jordan's 6 more impressive than Kareem's scoring record?

It's all messy. Thwacks of boxers have stats that on first glance are more impressive than Ali's-- so why is he considered the unanimous GOAT?

Stats and lists of accomplishments aren't perfect but they are way more objective than your opinion of those athletes politics.

I always heard that MJ was quite a douche though.

Dala, you sound like you think what makes someone the best all time at playing a sport comes down to what you do while not playing the sport. (Selling, shoes, doing commercials, avoiding wars, etc)

Does this mean burks could surpass MJ if he does something that changes the world? Like if burks invents the cure for all cancer and solves world hunger while being in a box office record breaking movie then he will be considered the best basketball player of all time? Right on.

George Foreman is the second best boxer of all time btw. Dat George Foreman grill doe.