What's new

Is Tom Brady the best football player of all time?

Is Tom Brady the best football player?

• Yes

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No (reply who is)

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters
So MJ is the goat because of his immense popularity due to selling lots of shoes, gatoride, space jam, his tongue, dream team, hanes, etc etc.

So dala would consider Brady the GOAT if he sold out to any and every merchandising and money making opportunity that he could, if he stuck his tongue out or did some other flashy thing, and joined a super team to stomp on the rest of the world in an unfair manor at the olympics.

Those seem like all the wrong reason to consider someone the greatest imo.

So MJ is the goat because of his immense popularity due to selling lots of shoes, gatoride, space jam, his tongue, dream team, hanes, etc etc.

So dala would consider Brady the GOAT if he sold out to any and every merchandising and money making opportunity that he could, if he stuck his tongue out or did some other flashy thing, and joined a super team to stomp on the rest of the world in an unfair manor at the olympics.

Those seem like all the wrong reason to consider someone the greatest imo.

He'd be the GOAT if him and Dala agreed on the same thing politically. But since they don't, Brady is a bigot. The irony, ohhhhh the irony.

what made Muhammad Ali the undisputed GOAT of boxing?

Rocky Marciano went undefeated, Mayweather might too. Ray Robinson had a crazy record too.

ROFL. No one who knows anything about boxing considers Ali the greatest boxer of all-time. He's not even top 5. Or 10 on many lists.

Okay, a couple of random thoughts from this thread.

The most recent thought is I find it more than highly ironic (and laughable) how Dala has zero problem stating Michael Jordan is the GOAT, and indirectly saying he is great not only on the field but off of it because evidently that is a criteria to check off for Dala for an athlete to be GOAT. Except Jordan hasn't been great off of it. Ever.

Jim Brown, woman beater or not, amongst others, has always highly criticized Jordan for the simple fact that Jordan, despite being the most recognizable face in the world, did absolutely nothing to use that platform for the betterment of society, and really specifically, those in China, where his Nikes were made (and still are I believe) by people making cents an hour, while Jordan reaped insane profits annually, those that came in right at 100 million dollars this past year. Despite reported awful working conditions and hours and terrible pay, Jordan did nothing about it. Zero. Better not to speak and keep cashin' checks. And mind you, I love Jordan. He is my favorite athlete of all-time so this is not some hater speaking here. But Dala has either ignored this information (because perhaps Dala just presumes Jordan voted Obama) or had never heard such. Either way, the "damage" has been done. Dala's made blanket statements about people as if the information he has had at hand suffices and nothing more needs to be known. Judgment passed.

And that's where we come to Tom Brady. Dala, your issue seems to be primarily, really only even, with his political (and personal-Trump) affiliation and not much more. FWIW, I loathe Trump. The dude's a moron of epic proportions and completely unfit to be the President and a disgrace to the position's history. But Brady owes no one an explanation of his relationship with the man and it's more than unreasonable to think that he is going to publicly explain how he came to know Trump and the dynamics of their relationship in some sort of a timeline fashion. It's really no one's business. What's more, his silence on Trump as it speaks to Brady's political leanings is not only no one's business as well, it's pointless. Brady is not only smart to be silent because he realizes absolutely nothing good will come from it if he answers the questions that have been asked but also because he realizes his legacy can only be tarnished with responses that the general public doesn't like. And let's face it, pubic perception, right or wrong is typically the ultimate judge.

I think more than anything, Dala, you just want to have Brady say something you don't like or foresaw him saying and yell out, Gotcha! to confirm the preconceived judgments you've already made. To please your own curiosity and ego more than anything I believe. I don't think it's because you want him to try to do better in society. Because quite frankly, Tom Brady speaking on the Presidency is like me speaking on Nuclear Physics. The guy knows nothing about it. Like the far majority of us, he doesn't know the ins and outs of politics and who did what, when, where, and why. His life is live, eat and breathe football (and family), not C-Span. The guy has absolutely zero qualifications to speak about Donald Trump as the President of the United States. He knows nothing about it. And for him to come out and speak about it as fact is not only pointless but wrong because there are far too many dumbasses out there who would take his word as the Gospel.

People need to use their platforms about things about which they're knowledgeable. And politics isn't such a thing for Brady. Just like Brady isn't such a thing for you.

Reactions: RJF
Brady has been on a very good team with a good system and coach in place. The team has done well without him including this year and his ACL season. I think Brady is a great QB and has longevity going for him. I dont place longevity that high on my list of things to make someone a GOAT but I know others do.

I think there are better players than Brady but he has won a lot over a long period of time so he obviously deserves to be in the debate and I understand why people would choose him. This season Brady won the superbowl but if you swap Aaron Rogers for Brady where do their teams end up this year?

Personally I dont think there is a clear GOAT in the NFL nor will there ever be one. There are too many players on the field and too many extremely talented players throughout its history. Even just at the QB spot. I still think Montana was a better player over Brady and there are a few players I would take for 1 season at their prime over Brady or even to build a franchise around. Also I think Bo Jackson is the greatest player I have ever watched play. Your team has a lot to do with how good a player can be in the NFL. You cant take over a game as a QB if you dont have a good line, decent receivers or a good run game or all of those.

Isn't Brady in the most QB friendly era too? How many years (if any) did the rules passed to protect QB's add to Brady's career.

lmao, y'all can dislike it but you know it's facts.

It's kind of like calling Mark Eaton a better shot blocker than Gobert just cuz Eaton played in an era where people attempted more shots near the basket.

*Not that I think that fact alone makes him not the greatest QB ever, but it's something to think about*

Last edited:
If someone were to use Dalamon's posts in this thread as a source for deriving a theory of media, they'd walk way looking like they'd been in a cave for 40 years. You can't talk about or compare impact in the way he wants to without talking about changes in the media... which he doesn't. Once.

Related to this, you have to discuss the history of economics of sporting leagues. Which he doesn't. Once. (How much of Brady's legacy has been tarnished by the current embarrassment of NFL-team ownership and their henchman Goodell? Stern wouldn't've dared do 5% of this the MJ).

He says that severing social context from sports is dumb. Ok. Why doesn't he go beyond the laziest attempt to read context into this story?

(On the meta-JFC level: How much will this thread tarnish Dal's declining stock? It's pretty embarrassing in here.)

lmao, y'all can dislike it but you know it's facts.

It's kind of like calling Mark Eaton a better shot blocker than Gobert just cuz Eaton played in an era where people attempted more shots near the basket.

*Not that I think that fact alone makes him not the greatest QB ever, but it's something to think about*

says the guy who refuses to acknowledge the Dome-effect in all of Drew Brees's stats. Context is great when it serves you.

If someone where to use Dalamon's posts in this thread as a source for deriving a theory of media, they'd walk way looking like they'd been in a cave for 40 years. You can't talk about or compare impact in the way he wants to without talking about changes in the media... which he doesn't. Once.

Related to this, you have to discuss the history of economics of sporting leagues. Which he doesn't. Once. (How much of Brady's legacy has been tarnished by the current embarrassment of NFL-team ownership and their henchman Goodell? Stern wouldn't've dared do 5% of this the MJ).

He says that severing social context from sports is dumb. Ok. Why doesn't he go beyond the laziest attempt to read context into this story?

(On the meta-JFC level: How much will this thread tarnish Dal's declining stock? It's pretty embarrassing in here.)

That Brady as where he goes "Roger that".

Freaking gold. Brady is a funny guy. Ever since Goodell started messing with him, he's been growing on me.

Tom Brady might make top 10 QBs all time I guess, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt and call him the best football player ever that is a cheater.

ROFL. No one who knows anything about boxing considers Ali the greatest boxer of all-time. He's not even top 5. Or 10 on many lists.

That is what I was thinking as well

Isn't Brady in the most QB friendly era too? How many years (if any) did the rules passed to protect QB's add to Brady's career.

He is in the era he is in. Can't penalize him for it. Same era as Brees, Mannings, Big Ben, Carson palmer, cam, rivers, Ryan, rogers, etc etc and he kicks all their asses.

This season Brady won the superbowl but if you swap Aaron Rogers for Brady where do their teams end up this year?

It's my opinion that if you give Brady better weapons then he would be even better. (See his first year with randy moss)