What's new

Israel-Hamas War

I see no mention of the hospital that was bombed, killing hundreds of civilians? Maybe if Palestinians held a sappy *** music concert about peace we can get some disingenuous teary eyed condemnations?

I see no mention of the hospital that was bombed, killing hundreds of civilians? Maybe if Palestinians held a sappy *** music concert about peace we can get some disingenuous teary eyed condemnations?
That and some reports that Palestinian civilians taking the escape route instructed to them by Israel were bombed.

Last I heard, we weren't sure if it was an Israeli bomb or a misfired Hamas rocket.

Maybe Hamas bombing their own hospital to cause outrage? Or one of their own rockets by accident. I don't think Israel are dumb enough to take out a hospital but backlash over disproportionate response was inevitable and now Israel are really in a bad place. We need to be careful not to get sucked into their mistake.

The IDF is claiming it was not Hamas, but Islamic Jihad, another Palestinian group, that launched the rocket. There are videos here that are being used to support Israel’s claims. The last video shows the blast, according to Palestinian media. To me, that last video doesn’t sound like shrapnel hitting the hospital, but anyway, several clips….

Is it reasonable to assume the Hamas planted the car bomb?
It could have been Hamas. It could have been Palestinian Islamic Jihad. The footage doesn't definitively prove it wasn't the IDF. It could have been some random creator in Gaza wanting to get something on camera. I don't think we should assume anything other than the footage will be seen by everyone as proof their side is the righteous side and the other side is evil.

It could have been Hamas. It could have been Palestinian Islamic Jihad. The footage doesn't definitively prove it wasn't the IDF. It could have been some random creator in Gaza wanting to get something on camera. I don't think we should assume anything other than the footage will be seen by everyone as proof their side is the righteous side and the other side is evil.
This

Maybe Hamas bombing their own hospital to cause outrage? Or one of their own rockets by accident. I don't think Israel are dumb enough to take out a hospital but backlash over disproportionate response was inevitable and now Israel are really in a bad place. We need to be careful not to get sucked into their mistake.
The missile was definitely part of a barrage of missiles fired by Palestinian Islamic Jihad. That part is not in question and has been confirmed by the Pentagon. It also appears that someone was using the hospital as a place to store explosive weapons which were set off by the falling Palestinian Islamic Jihad missile. That said, there is a part of the narrative that is being ignored by both sides as they tell the story and Israel may not be entirely blameless.

Most of the footage is conveniently zoomed to crop out the top of the frame. You see the flash of the rocket motors as the missiles were launched and you see the explosion at the hospital, but nearly all of the footage doesn't show the small pop of light in the air just before the explosion at the hospital. That could be the rocket malfunctioning or it could be the rocket being intercepted by iron dome. I'm thinking Palestinian Islamic Jihad fired off these rockets, The iron dome defense system intercepted at least one of them while still over Gaza, and the remnants of the intercepted rocket fell on a hospital Hamas was using as an ammo dump.

The missile was definitely part of a barrage of missiles fired by Palestinian Islamic Jihad. That part is not in question and has been confirmed by the Pentagon. It also appears that someone was using the hospital as a place to store explosive weapons which were set off by the falling Palestinian Islamic Jihad missile. That said, there is a part of the narrative that is being ignored by both sides as they tell the story and Israel may not be entirely blameless.

Most of the footage is conveniently zoomed to crop out the top of the frame. You see the flash of the rocket motors as the missiles were launched and you see the explosion at the hospital, but nearly all of the footage doesn't show the small pop of light in the air just before the explosion at the hospital. That could be the rocket malfunctioning or it could be the rocket being intercepted by iron dome. I'm thinking Palestinian Islamic Jihad fired off these rockets, The iron dome defense system intercepted at least one of them while still over Gaza, and the remnants of the intercepted rocket fell on a hospital Hamas was using as an ammo dump.
Here is the footage that causes me to believe this was a Palestinian Islamic Jihad rocket that was intercepted by iron dome.

View: https://twitter.com/yousuf_tw/status/1714367757968384106