What's new

Israel-Hamas War

Seeing the spirited defense a white supremacist, ethnic cleansing, colonial state is getting by fellow imperialists demonstrates that the only relevant moral principle in this world is that might makes right.

While I'm feeling historical, a question I've always wondered - why in 1947 did the UN partition plan give the Negev to Israel and the northern portion bordering Lebanon to Palestine?

The map would seem to make so much more sense with the two flipped. Those narrow strips of land separating the two seem destined for conflict.

The 1947 partition plan for reference:

View attachment 15200
It was because of the malaria endemic to the relevant areas. This is a map of malaria incidence the British made in 1920.

ebARDBqC29PDe0ie5CXJ0dl0kv.jpg

Then in 1920, a Jewish scientist named Dr. Israel Klingler spearheaded an effort to drain swamps and destroy mosquito breeding sites in the area as Jews began buying up all the land that had previously been uninhabited and uninhabitable due to everyone who tried dying from malaria.

FLE1JY376RcVKQ4zDUcy0bl0i5.jpg

The 1949 Partition Plan reflected the ethnic concentrations as they were in 1949 after nearly 30 years of Jews buying swamps and draining them.

UNgdDPeuFeRQYX6lkJri0fj0jn.jpg

Last edited:
#freepalestine

Hamas is a terrorist clique ofc BUT Israel being a "western civilisation" needs to be accounted for their terrorism. And now it seems it is getting its big bro terrorists in USA to join them. Sickening. Western "civilisations" has to do better!

Ya think…

View: https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1714981472807932068

Sorry, but I don't believe they're struggling at all. It is done on purpose. There was a vacuum of information right after the event which Hamas filled. Given no information more than that, the news media could have easily written either of the two headlines:

1 - Hamas claims Israeli airstrike kills 500.
2 - Israel kills 500, authorities say.

The first headline would have more upfront with the information, but it was the second that nearly everyone went with. I do not believe the media went with the more inflammatory and less informative headline by mistake. It wasn't the fog of war. It wasn't the race to be first. It was tailored for maximum engagement because that is the business of the news media. These excuses days later are nothing but misdirection to keep people from realizing how uninformative modern news media actually is.

Sorry, but I don't believe they're struggling at all. It is done on purpose. There was a vacuum of information right after the event which Hamas filled. Given no information more than that, the news media could have easily written either of the two headlines:

1 - Hamas claims Israeli airstrike kills 500.
2 - Israel kills 500, authorities say.

The first headline would have more upfront with the information, but it was the second that nearly everyone went with. I do not believe the media went with the more inflammatory and less informative headline by mistake. It wasn't the fog of war. It wasn't the race to be first. It was tailored for maximum engagement because that is the business of the news media. These excuses days later are nothing but misdirection to keep people from realizing how uninformative modern news media actually is.
Maybe the headliners, or their bosses, believed what they wanted to believe. For whatever reason(s). What matters is the effect on the Arab world, which is in no mood to hear any revisions. They want to hear Israel did it, they believe what they want to believe, and would blame Israel regardless of how it was first reported. If I were Hamas, I would see this as an unintended plus, with huge demonstrations of anger directed at Israel throughout the Middle East, inflamed by a mistake by Islamic Jihad. Pretty precarious moment in modern history. To say the least. Like a few, including Biden have said, an inflection point in history. It’s nerve wracking, so much can go so wrong.

That father gets to feel however he wants in response to an absolutely horrid situation but I disagree with him. He would rather his daughter be dead than to have to think about what possible situation she might be in, but I'm guessing his daughter would prefer to be a live. I would personally preferred to be taken hostage, raped, tortured and possibly come out the other side than to simply be killed.
So not to be a dick about this, but I'd rather be the two released U.S. hostages than be dead. Just saying.

So not to be a dick about this, but I'd rather be the two released U.S. hostages than be dead. Just saying.
Me too. I dont think that fathers daughter was from the US though. If he were american he would probably have way more hope.

So I'm being stupidly silly on purpose, but Americans should want to live and Israelis should want to die?

Nah. A father of a girl wanted his daughter to die rather than be raped and tortured and then die. He saw those two options and wanted the less bad of the two options. As someone raised in a totally different way in a totally different place you have a totally different perspective and see a third option. He only saw/sees two due to his different perspective and different reality that he has lived.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Nah. A father of a girl wanted his daughter to die rather than be raped and tortured and then die. He saw those two options and wanted the less bad of the two options. As someone raised in a totally different way in a totally different place you have a totally different perspective and see a third option. He only saw/sees two due to his different perspective and different reality that he has lived.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Were these women who were released raped and tortured? I don't know the answer and those details probably shouldn't be made public if true, but there is no way to know that would be the outcome.

Were these women who were released raped and tortured? I don't know the answer and those details probably shouldn't be made public if true, but there is no way to know that would be the outcome.
Ya neither here nor there. A father of a girl wanted his daughter to die rather than be raped and tortured and then die. He saw those two options and wanted the less bad of the two options. Thats all that really matters to the discussion. I cant put myself in his shoes so im fine with him feeling that way. How i think i would feel or what i think i would want doesn't really matter imo.

Ya neither here nor there. A father of a girl wanted his daughter to die rather than be raped and tortured and then die. He saw those two options and wanted the less bad of the two options. Thats all that really matters to the discussion. I cant put myself in his shoes so im fine with him feeling that way. How i think i would feel or what i think i would want doesn't really matter imo.
I've said I'm fine with him feeling that way as well. I've acknowledged that his situation is horrible and he is coping as well as he can. I hope he finds as much peace with the situation as possible. If pretending to be elated that your child was killed relatively quickly helps him out then be elated that your child was murdered rather than facing what you imagine would happen.

The thing is, this is all about him. This is all about his comfort and cope. He didn't feel elated that his daughter was murdered for her sake, he felt that way for his sake, so that he wouldn't be spending this time imagining her being raped and tortured.

That's fine, his daughter is dead, she doesn't feel any kind of way about anything anymore. He's the one that has to go on living. So him not having to live day to day imagining his daughter being tortured and raped is better for him.