What's new

Israel-Hamas War

Could Biden actually stop Israel attacking Palestinians by himself? Congress wouldn't have to be down with that as well?
What would that look like? Let's say Congress and Biden and all of America wants Israel to stop attacking Palestine so we tell them so. No more money. No more weapons. We charge them with war crimes. We condemn them. We tell them they are no longer an ally.

What if they keep attacking Palestinians after all that? Do we go to war against Israel? What if we do all the condemning and we don't give them money or weapons and we sanction them and it works and they stop attacking but soon after they stop, Hamas and Hezbollah attack Israel again? Do we expect Israel to not reciprocate in that scenario?

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
I mean it's a little embarrassing that I have to explain this to multiple Americans in this chat (One Brow -- purportedly an academic, you, etc.) but America has been vetoing every UN Security Council move to impart some level of ceasefire in the region since October 7th. Biden has a direct channel to this vetoing vote. If the vetos stop, the Security Council gets involved, all the sudden you have a clear lane to have boots on the ground and Israel being forced to withdraw.

Again -- the issue here isn't that intervening would be difficult. The issue is that an intervention here goes against American/Western interests in the region. The United States, and the United Kingdom prior to the United States, dreams of addressing the "Palestinian Question" by eradicating all aspects of Palestinian culture and life from the river to the sea (for the record, this slogan was first established by a Zionist wishing for this very concept).

Of course, the Israeli apartheid regime is evil and genocidal. Similar to how South Africa was only able to remain an apartheid state so long as Western support was extended, the minute that dried up apartheid ended. Same situation will unfold here. At some point, if Israel no longer serves to meet Western interests, they will lose their clout. For the time being, this is not foreseeable. With that said, things change. Thanks to the conflation of Zionism with Judaism, Jewish people internationally are going to have a hell of a time distancing themselves from a regime the whole world hated for decades, if and when Israel also falls out of favour with the West.

- George

Israel is attacking gaza. Maybe there are Republican and Democratic Israelis and if so, then by all means hit them with some blame. Also throw a bunch of blame at Hamas.

US aren't destroying gaza though.

Please, Fish -- read more on this issue.

- George

The issue is that an intervention here goes against American/Western interests in the region.
At least we can agree on this line. It is in American and Western interests for Iranian proxy groups to be defanged. When groups like Hamas are provided agency, they use it to burn people alive, rape to the point of breaking pelvises, seize hostages, kill indiscriminately, syphon off funds to enrich their leaders, and do nothing to better the lives of the people they are supposedly fighting for. It is in the best interests of America, Israel, the West, the Palestinians in Gaza, and humanity for Hamas to be removed from the board.

Please, Fish -- read more on this issue.

- George
I tried to read it but have to have a subscription or something I guess

Last edited:
I'm going to leave this here:

It is public opinion polling of Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank. Some of the highlights:

• 71% of Palestinians believe the October 7th attack to kill, rape, and kidnap Jews was the correct thing to do
  • 91% of Palestinians don't believe the atrocities committed against Jews by Hamas on October 7 constituted a war crime
  • 52% of Gazans would choose Hamas to rule Gaza over any other options

For all you fans of democracy who also complain about what the Jews are doing in Gaza, pipe down. Even with the subsequent insight provided by the knowledge of how Israel has reacted, 71% of Palestinians support the choice directly leading to the current state of events. It may seem cuckoo to you and me, but this is what the overwhelming majority of the people of Gaza want.

For all you fans of democracy who also complain about what the Jews are doing in Gaza, pipe down.
No. Bibi and his government are criminals now. The 10/7 attack was horrible. My first thought was to the Holocaust survivors I have known. But that crime has been far exceeded by what Israel is doing in Gaza.
. It may seem cuckoo to you and me, but this is what the overwhelming majority of the people of Gaza want.
Good of you to seek out reasons why it must be OK to do what Netanyahu is doing to the people of Gaza. Look for more reasons.

I don’t care that they feel that way. I don’t have to wonder why, either. That still does not excuse Netanyahu’s approach. Are the people of Gaza standing in the streets screaming “please Israel, kill all of us!” The Palestinians in Gaza support Hamas. Therefore it’s OK to kill their women and children. Nope, not going there, not looking for excuses to find approval in killing women and children.

Nobody seems to care about the soon to be 4 million people starving in Haiti... People have to be programmed what to be outraged about.

Are the people of Gaza standing in the streets screaming “please Israel, kill all of us!”
Yes. That is what happens in war. People, including women and children, die. The people of Gaza are standing in the streets wanting the fight against the Jews to continue.

I want the people of Gaza to surrender, to end the fight. The people of Gaza need to stop making war on the Jews. That is the *ONLY* path forward.

Nobody seems to care about the soon to be 4 million people starving in Haiti... People have to be programmed what to be outraged about.

Over 2 weeks ago. Thank you for proving my point. Millions of people starving, some getting violently beat and murdered. Have any of you said a word or do you only care when it's people hating Jews?

“Attempting to explain the thinking behind the US abstention on Monday, Frank Lowenstein, a former state department official who helped lead Israeli-Palestinian negotiations in 2014, told the Washington Post he believed three major factors drove the move.

They include deep disagreements between Washington and Israel over a large-scale invasion of Rafah, the catastrophic humanitarian situation in Gaza, and Israel’s announcements of new settlements while the secretary of state, Antony Blinken, was visiting the country on Friday.

“Biden did everything he could for months to avoid a big public fight. It reflects a very serious shift in the White House’s position towards how to manage the Israelis throughout the rest of this war. The Israelis are either going to pay attention now or we’re likely going to continue down this path.”

In a further sign of Israel’s diplomatic difficulties, Annalena Baerbock, the minister for foreign affairs of Germany, a country historically one of Israel’s strongest supporters, said she would send a delegation to remind Israel of its obligations under international humanitarian law”.

Over 2 weeks ago. Thank you for proving my point. Millions of people starving, some getting violently beat and murdered. Have any of you said a word or do you only care when it's people hating Jews?
How dare we focus on the situation in the thread title!

But but but... it's genocide. Right? I fully expect you all to denounce your hero and savior genocide Joe immediately. Let's see if you really believe what you think you do. Is it genocide or not? Cause if it is, your president just gave a genocidal regime means to kill and commit genocide on Gaza residents. You cant have it both ways. Either it's not genocide or your president is literally arming a country committing genocide.

Biden admin authorizes billions of dollars in bombs, warplanes for Israel: report​

The weapons package includes more than 1,800 MK84 2,000-pound bombs and 500 MK82 500-pound bombs, Pentagon and State Department officials familiar with the matter told The Washington Post.

Last edited:

Further proof that Repubs have no interest in actually governing. All they care about is saying crazy *** **** to fundraise off the rubes, appear on Fox News, and gain supporters from their craziest SOBs in their caucus so they don’t get primaried.

Again, if the GOP base wasn’t so stupid, then their leaders wouldn’t say such stupid things. But, when you watch Fox News all day…

"The 38-year-old, who studied the foreign policy of Arab governments for her doctorate, said the state department was aware of plenty of evidence that Israel was violating international law in its conduct of the Gaza war, and that the Biden administration was violating US law by continuing to supply weapons."

“Not only are these policies devastating the people of Gaza, but I think they’re also devastating the US image in the world,” she argued. “This administration came in promising to rebuild American diplomacy and America’s moral leadership after the Trump administration, but so many of these issues that the administration said were so important – including human rights – seem to be less important to this administration than the US-Israel relationship.”

View: https://twitter.com/MintPressNews/status/1773726593262698692