What's new

It's the most wonderful time of the year (first game of the year!). Hou @ Jazz Game 1 of many.

Need some sexy jazz? Esperanza Spalding:

jazz-bassist-singer-Esperanza-Spalding-performs.jpg

bg_welcome.jpg

Reactions: 8
I predict Kanter will suck *** at defense.

I'd put Kanter on Howard early and see how he does. He seems to have had success in the past against power type players who aren't as skill or footwork reliant. Plus, getting Kanter in foul trouble is much more preferable than having Favors in foul trouble.

Kanter should guard Dwight -- he's got the muscle. Let Favors and Rudy protect the paint.

I agree, but the problem is that whoever is guarding Dwight that means the other guy is guarding Terrence Jones, who will be preventing them from paint protection. Favors or Kanter could have trouble with Jones.

I'd put Kanter on Howard early and see how he does. He seems to have had success in the past against power type players who aren't as skill or footwork reliant. Plus, getting Kanter in foul trouble is much more preferable than having Favors in foul trouble.

Most definitely. He's pretty good guarding those dudes because he doesn't have to move. They're gonna make him defend pick and roll when Harden's in the game.

Wish we were opening against the Knicks or some other guaranteed loser team. I'll be in attendance though. The promotional give away is a magnet. They couldn't do better than that for the opening night? Go Jazz. Let's do this.

All I can say it is has been a looooooooooonnngggg off-season, and as usual, the pent up frustration on this board has caused a "few" skirmishes. But hey, the season has started and we are all back rooting for the jazz to win. Good luck fellow board members!!! May we be fully entertained.

Mandatory clutchfans.com awesomeness.

My god....

Against Utah we're going to have to give them an ample serving of Black. It's Utah's not-so-well kept secret that players like Black give them fits. With such softies as Burke, Exum, and Kantor, Black is the perfect fit to ram up that offense. With his thick and imposing presence up the middle, Black will have Gordon Hayward flailing helplessly as all his well made plans go awry.

I agree, but the problem is that whoever is guarding Dwight that means the other guy is guarding Terrence Jones, who will be preventing them from paint protection. Favors or Kanter could have trouble with Jones.

This. This is what could be killer. Excited to see how Quin handles these matchups.

I'm so excited it's been a long off season. It was a long season last year too. But I'm so stoked. It's my birthday and my wife got me tickets so I will be at the game.

The rockets fans on clutch fans are saying "no one on the jazz can guard Dwight." Lol ever heard of rudy gobert!! Rudy gonna have 5 blocks tonight! Booker it.