What's new

Jae Crowder

If we get Crowder our starters will be incredible on defense and think things will be fun on offense especially with the offense adjusted with Hayward gone.

Plus with how well Exum and Mitchell are playing along with possibly Ingles joining them off the bench that is a awesome defensive bench and will be super fun to watch.

This seems doable when you factor in the Celtics can't take back salary in any deal. Not sure how many other teams have the cap space left to grab him AND will offer more than a 2nd round pick.

Celtics minus Bradley, Crowder, Smart, Olynick. Plus Hayward, Tatum.

Will they be better next year?

Right... how many teams have the caption to take players on? How bad would it suck for them to have to give up assets to teams to take these players for them. At least dealing with the jazz they can say they are getting GH in the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want Jae Crowder. He is a downgrade from Hayward overall, but I love his defense, attitude, and his contract. I hope the Jazz get this done and I would be okay with them giving away some second round draft picks to get this done, or even more, Crowder fills a hole in our team that needs to be filled. I bet he could play some small ball 4 as well (similar to what Joe Johnson played at the end of the season).

I really want Jae Crowder. He is a downgrade from Hayward overall, but I love his defense, attitude, and his contract. I hope the Jazz get this done and I would be okay with them giving away some second round draft picks to get this done, or even more, Crowder fills a hole in our team that needs to be filled. I bet he could play some small ball 4 as well (similar to what Joe Johnson played at the end of the season).

Good to see you, WP!

We really gotta go Crowder or bust here, even if it means we send them something back (unlikely).

Tony jones reporting S&T may be in works for Hayward to get crowder

They need Hayward to agree

All you bitches should start apologizing to G as
I hope he says hell no for the way you’ve treated him

Poor baby

Crowder turns 27 years old tomorrow - throw us a frickin' bone and Jae a present and send him to Utah.

This has all probably already been said, but there's just no way this happens for so many reasons. First and foremost is that Hayward isn't going to feel some guilty obligation to require his new team to trade a real good player and valuable trade chip for nothing. Secondly, while Boston needs to get rid of somebody, it doesn't have to be crowder, it can be smart or bradley, and I bet teams are actually willing to give value for one of those guys.

Would be amazing for this to happen but defies any logic sadly. hayward man he used us chewed us up and left us to dry. Just disappointing.

This has all probably already been said, but there's just no way this happens for so many reasons. First and foremost is that Hayward isn't going to feel some guilty obligation to require his new team to trade a real good player and valuable trade chip for nothing. Secondly, while Boston needs to get rid of somebody, it doesn't have to be crowder, it can be smart or bradley, and I bet teams are actually willing to give value for one of those guys.

Would be amazing for this to happen but defies any logic sadly. hayward man he used us chewed us up and left us to dry. Just disappointing.

I would be willing to pay for Jae Crowder. He is exactly what we need on this team. I don't believe we will get him for free, but I believe we can get him with draft picks. He's an established 3 and D guy on an amazing contract. I say pull the trigger...

Also, I do think Ainge is worried about his family name in Utah with his son running for politics. And I know Hayward is worried about his brand. He bent over backwards to control the narrative with his column. I believe Hayward genuinely doesn't want to be known as "an enemy" in Utah. This action would help (a tiny bit). Also, someone has to be moved and that someone is exactly what we need. If they give us Crowder for a couple of second round draft picks, or a first round swap in some far distant time, then all the better. Crowder will space the floor for Gobert and Rubio for the next three years... then play great D.

I would be willing to pay for Jae Crowder. He is exactly what we need on this team. I don't believe we will get him for free, but I believe we can get him with draft picks. He's an established 3 and D guy on an amazing contract. I say pull the trigger...

Also, I do think Ainge is worried about his family name in Utah with his son running for politics. And I know Hayward is worried about his brand. He bent over backwards to control the narrative with his column. I believe Hayward genuinely doesn't want to be known as "an enemy" in Utah. This action would help (a tiny bit). Also, someone has to be moved and that someone is exactly what we need. If they give us Crowder for a couple of second round draft picks, or a first round swap in some far distant time, then all the better. Crowder will space the floor for Gobert and Rubio for the next three years... then play great D.

I mean, I could not agree more about Crowder being an amazing fit. Would love it. I just can't imagine crazy demands Danny Ainge is going to choose now to capitulate on a non-lopsided in his favor trade when he usually holds out for insane deals. Certainly see him demanding at a minimum a pretty unprotected first round pick... is that a price we're willing to pay? Maybe, Crowder does have 3 more years.

I respectfully disagree about the reputational concerns mattering that much. Hayward's goose is cooked in Utah regardless, plus he clearly dgafs, he's off to Boston. His brand is now going to be made on the east coast based on what he does there, he may have lost several million fans but he gained probably five times as many. And Ainge basically has a duty to do right by Boston, I imagine he would (and definitely should) be fired if he let his son's political campaign influence his job.

I mean, I could not agree more about Crowder being an amazing fit. Would love it. I just can't imagine crazy demands Danny Ainge is going to choose now to capitulate on a non-lopsided in his favor trade when he usually holds out for insane deals. Certainly see him demanding at a minimum a pretty unprotected first round pick... is that a price we're willing to pay? Maybe, Crowder does have 3 more years.

I respectfully disagree about the reputational concerns mattering that much. Hayward's goose is cooked in Utah regardless, plus he clearly dgafs, he's off to Boston. His brand is now going to be made on the east coast based on what he does there, he may have lost several million fans but he gained probably five times as many. And Ainge basically has a duty to do right by Boston, I imagine he would (and definitely should) be fired if he let his son's political campaign influence his job.

I agree with you that Ainge should be fired if he did't do right by Boston. However, I think Ainge has a vested interest to make a fair deal, not a gauging deal. Namely, he is not taking any money back on this trade and he HAS to make a trade... there is some legit leverage that the Jazz (and the rest of the NBA have on Ainge in this trade). He cannot get to crazy on his demands unless he asks GH to take a paycut.... which will not happen.

If we expect guilt to land us Crowder, we will not get him. I think if we offered a fair trade. Ainge would definitely bite. I just have no idea what a fair trade is for a great 3 and D guy on an amazing contract. Would we be willing to give a second and a protected first (one of those cute ones that turn into cash after 5 years?). Absolutely. If Ainge's price is an unprotected first, I am not sure if the Jazz would pay it. However, if we give the Celtics a 2nd and a heavily protected first. We would be paying fair value - I wouldn't be surprised if we got him for less than that though.