What's new

James Gunn

til james gunn is a pedophile. because making jokes about race makes you a racist. well james gun made pedo jokes!

good thing he got fired then

I'm reserving Judgement to see what the landscape looks like in fifteen years. If it leads to less assault and rape happening I feel like it'll be the lesser of two evils.

We can accomplish that without punishing people for things they "allegedly" did 15 years ago.

I judge the **** out of people who are on board with that mentality.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kobe-b...val-jury-2003-rape-allegations-000612450.html

I didn't want to start a new thread, but this whole digging up "alleged" skeletons in people's closet culture is wrong and seems to be getting worse.
Yeah I always thought he raped her and basically got away with it. I was not convinced at the time it happened as she said it did, that he choked her and held her against her will entirely, I think it likely started consensual, maybe kissing and making out, and when it got heavier she wanted out and he carried it too far, something like that. Either way I think he got away with rape - no is no, no matter when it is said in the process.

That individual case aside, I do think there is this tendency to drag things up on anyone and everyone happening right now, and undoubtedly a few people that don't deserve it will end up being hurt by the mob mentality.

We can accomplish that without punishing people for things they "allegedly" did 15 years ago.

I judge the **** out of people who are on board with that mentality.

I am unconvinced we can. I'm certain there's a large part of the population that believes we can. I'd like to believe we can. It seems easy enough to me. But time and time again I'm reminded just how ****** people are to each other.

Did Kobe? I dunno. But this is his statement.

First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo.

I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.

I am unconvinced we can. I'm certain there's a large part of the population that believes we can. I'd like to believe we can. It seems easy enough to me. But time and time again I'm reminded just how ****** people are to each other.

Did Kobe? I dunno. But this is his statement.

I've never read that statement before and it does make you wonder.

I used to hate Kobe and sheepled the statement that he was a rapist. I've read convincing things both ways in the past. Only a few people really know at the end of the day. I do think Kobe has become a pretty damn good human being though and has matured into a better person than ball player. I've grown to respect the hell out of him.

Maybe Kobe wasn't the best example of this, but I am convinced that smearing people for alleged actions from years and years past is wrong - for the people that are truly innocent. It's also wrong to do for people like Gunn. Yeah, he said some shady things, but it was years ago. People change. People evolve. People learn. You can accomplish positive change, but we shouldn't never compromise the integrity of the innocent.

I hope that saying this doesn't make it seem like #metoo is less important to me, because it is.

I've never read that statement before and it does make you wonder.

I used to hate Kobe and sheepled the statement that he was a rapist. I've read convincing things both ways in the past. Only a few people really know at the end of the day. I do think Kobe has become a pretty damn good human being though and has matured into a better person than ball player. I've grown to respect the hell out of him.

Maybe Kobe wasn't the best example of this, but I am convinced that smearing people for alleged actions from years and years past is wrong - for the people that are truly innocent. It's also wrong to do for people like Gunn. Yeah, he said some shady things, but it was years ago. People change. People evolve. People learn. You can accomplish positive change, but we shouldn't never compromise the integrity of the innocent.

I hope that saying this doesn't make it seem like #metoo is less important to me, because it is.

I don't think we're really that far apart. Sure, I lean into first hand reporters(alleged victims) less skeptically, you moreso. The truth is just going to be somewhere in the middle. But in the middle, there is a second great valley. Yes, I understand an allegation can change the reported assaulter into a victim, ruining their life forever.

Now assume for a minute the accuser is telling the truth... their life's already been ruined.

The very least we can do is believe them through a full and honest investigation, and even that is going to lead the honest ones into reliving one of if not the worst time of their lives.

Never got the chance to see Louis CK live. :(

Silverman was om the Stern show today - Howard has become one of my favorite talk shows to listen to btw.
“I don’t know if I’m going to regret saying this," Silverman told Howard Stern.

She continued: "I’ve known Louis forever, I’m not making excuses for him, so please don’t take this that way. We are peers. We are equals. When we were kids, and he asked if he could masturbate in front of me, sometimes I’d go, ‘F--- yeah I want to see that!’ … It’s not analogous to the other women that are talking about what he did to them.
"He could offer me nothing. We were only just friends. So sometimes, yeah, I wanted to see it, it was amazing. Sometimes I would say, ‘F---ing no, gross,’ and we got pizza.”

My favorite part of the show was how she was into dominant males taking out their sexual aggression on blow up dolls and fleshlights.

To me it depends on the skeleton. Not all skeletons are equal. Some things should absolutely be brought up no matter how late.

I understand it's fair to be brought up, but by doing so, it mainly completely ignores how one's life could be full of progression. Judge a man by who they are today rather than who they were yesterday.

As a society, we are progressing and moving forward, no doubt in my mind. Judging people based off of their actions from years ago should only be fair if their actions today mirror their past.

A society that condemns the past of one who has evolved, learned, repented, grown, moved forward, changed, etc is a society taking steps backwards, not forwards.

A lot of people on Twitter are not intellectually capable of processing this because they're moved too much my emotions and social/political narratives.

I was a bigot, ignorant, and closed minded individual 10 years ago and I thought I was being a faithful servant. I hope people judge me based off of who I am today and learn about why I was and how I changed.

I understand it's fair to be brought up, but by doing so, it mainly completely ignores how one's life could be full of progression. Judge a man by who they are today rather than who they were yesterday.

As a society, we are progressing and moving forward, no doubt in my mind. Judging people based off of their actions from years ago should only be fair if their actions today mirror their past.

A society that condemns the past of one who has evolved, learned, repented, grown, moved forward, changed, etc is a society taking steps backwards, not forwards.

A lot of people on Twitter are not intellectually capable of processing this because they're moved too much my emotions and social/political narratives.

I was a bigot, ignorant, and closed minded individual 10 years ago and I thought I was being a faithful servant. I hope people judge me based off of who I am today and learn about why I was and how I changed.

For stuff like that I agree. But if your attitudes then led to crimes, like assault for instance, that’s a different story.

To me it depends on the skeleton. Not all skeletons are equal. Some things should absolutely be brought up no matter how late.
Agreed. The problem is how are the skeletons ranked, and how to get people to agree on it.