What's new

Game Thread Jan 03, 2022 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 01-03-22

Forrest is very much like the Oni/Niang experiment. Taking multiple seasons just trying to develop a 10th man that is otherwise available off the wire. High risk low reward

Holly's commentary strategy: (5 minutes after the play): "but you see what i'm talking about, Thurl? When you don't have the ball you have to play defense, and that's what the Jazz need to focus on when they don't have the ball. It's just like I said."

Lol these dudes think Gobert is gonna get the rebound when he's on the bench

Playing small ball with Ingles, Mike and Bogey, Clarkson on the floor guarding the perimeter. Easy to pick on Gay but how incompetent do you need to be as a coach to try that.

We are damn near helpless with Gobert on the bench.

Playing small ball with Ingles, Mike and Bogey, Clarkson on the floor guarding the perimeter. Easy to pick on Gay but how incompetent do you need to be as a coach to try that.
That's our entire team right now though. Who else is he going to play?

The shitficiating continues.

Whiteside's got to be back by Wednesday right? We can probably pull this game out but we will need him for Denver.

Does anyone still think Rudy Gay is good at defense? lol. Might not be better than Bogey at this point. Thinking that a 35 year old, who was never known for his defense to begin with, was a solution to major defensive issues was always hilarious.

Gay has all the skill and talent. He either doesn't have the energy or desire to defend.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

That's our entire team right now though. Who else is he going to play?

Small ball is reliant on perimeter defense and being able to get out and run. The misconception is needing to be able to shoot the three ball, going small with a five capable of shooting from range enables the guards to not have to be as good from range. Meaning it would be the perfect time for the likes of Oni and Forrest to come in and just give energy, flying over the court making defensive rotations, getting out in transition and contesting for rebounds.