What's new

Game Thread Jan 03, 2024 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Pistons

Added to Calendar: 01-03-24

Honestly? I think the Jazz were OK with AB taking the desperation shot. They probably won't say that publicly because he made them pay.

Hardy said the play drawn up was not to get a 3 so when it did it probably did not register with the players on the inbound pass to foul. If you have played in an environment like that trust me you aren’t hearing anything the coach is saying with the crowd being so loud too.

Hardy really tells the players a lot more that they don't seem to do. He gets a pretty frustrated at times with the guys not doing some basic stuff he just told them to do. He got super pissed at Clarkson in the pick and roll for messing it up in the 4th. I think he expects a lot but the team seems to respect him and he also cheers and gets excited for big plays.

His defense seems really complicated. He shouts a new scheme almost every other possession. Any time outs is focused on the next 3-4 possessions on offense but also tells them the defense for the next few. There players definitely get a little lost but they seem to help each other out. Keyonte is more vocal than I expected telling guys where to go. But he was also wrong on it a couple times and they had to tell him no.

Hardy also gets upset but only complains to the other coaches not the players during the game. Just notes for practice. I think this has changed since earlier in the season where he was trying to point this out in game. At some point guys need to just play.

It seems the slow start is trying to run his stuff but also trying to just play. Guys are figuring it out.

Lauri seems to understand it well, which is probably why he excelled here right away. He seems pretty smart. I think we have a handful of guys that aren't the brightest though and really struggle. Fonteccio really struggled here and I think that's why. He finally is figuring out the system and can just play. I think guys like Clarkson and Sexton you just have to give up on them figuring it all out and let them play. Just harp on a few things to them.

Yes, but they would have talked that through on the timeout that happened with 15 secs left. The game was tied, Jazz had possession, and they drew up a play to get a pick and pop 3 for Lauri. He made it and they led by 3. It's inexcusable that there's any confusion as to what they do next in a situation like that.

It shouldn't have to come down to Hardy screaming anything from the sidelines. Most players won't hear him anyway.

That’s the thing. He did not draw up the play for a 3. He said this post game. You don’t have to be so negative about everything it’s super annoying.

Hardy said the play drawn up was not to get a 3 so when it did it probably did not register with the players on the inbound pass to foul. If you have played in an environment like that trust me you aren’t hearing anything the coach is saying with the crowd being so loud too.
He called for the Clarkson 3. I couldn't hear the play after though. But he definitely told the guys the situation if up 3 before that. The players knew. Sexton is kinda in his own world during the game though.

He called for the Clarkson 3. I couldn't hear the play after though. But he definitely told the guys the situation if up 3 before that. The players knew. Sexton is kinda in his own world during the game though.

So he lied post game?

Hardy really tells the players a lot more that they don't seem to do. He gets a pretty frustrated at times with the guys not doing some basic stuff he just told them to do. He got super pissed at Clarkson in the pick and roll for messing it up in the 4th. I think he expects a lot but the team seems to respect him and he also cheers and gets excited for big plays.

His defense seems really complicated. He shouts a new scheme almost every other possession. Any time outs is focused on the next 3-4 possessions on offense but also tells them the defense for the next few. There players definitely get a little lost but they seem to help each other out. Keyonte is more vocal than I expected telling guys where to go. But he was also wrong on it a couple times and they had to tell him no.

Hardy also gets upset but only complains to the other coaches not the players during the game. Just notes for practice. I think this has changed since earlier in the season where he was trying to point this out in game. At some point guys need to just play.

It seems the slow start is trying to run his stuff but also trying to just play. Guys are figuring it out.

Lauri seems to understand it well, which is probably why he excelled here right away. He seems pretty smart. I think we have a handful of guys that aren't the brightest though and really struggle. Fonteccio really struggled here and I think that's why. He finally is figuring out the system and can just play. I think guys like Clarkson and Sexton you just have to give up on them figuring it all out and let them play. Just harp on a few things to them.
I really really appreciate this info. The recaps I watch dont catch these things at all, so its great to hear directly from a courtside boss/celeb.

Love to hear that Key is being vocal. Hardy called him a basketball junkie and obviously he has dived deep into the playbook, if he is actually directing traffic while playing with guys who have had a 1 year head start in the system.

Last edited:
I really really appreciate this info. The recaps I watch dont catch these things at all, so its great to hear directly from a courtside boss/celeb.

Love to hear that Key is being vocal. Hardy called him a basketball junkie and obviously he has dived deep into the playbook, if he is actually directing traffic while playing with guys who have had a 1 year head start in the system.
Well a one time splurged to get good seats guy.

It was real fun to hear the coaches and players. Get to watch the timeout game plan and just watch the interactions up close.mmexport1704396707470.jpg