What's new

Game Thread Jan 08, 2024 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Bucks

Added to Calendar: 01-08-24

What a world we live in. My wife was sitting in our massage chair grocery shopping while I watch the game.
I didn't see that one coming 15 years ago

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
Did she order more Aussie bites and carrots? With AI coming, makes you wonder what 15 years from now will be like?

Did she order more Aussie bites and carrots? With AI coming, makes you wonder what 15 years from now will be like?
1704773905984.gif

It’s over in 15 years my dude. Once AI figures out we are the scourge of the earth they will eradicate us. We opening Pandora’s box and no one is ready.

View attachment 15720

It’s over in 15 years my dude. Once AI figures out we are the scourge of the earth they will eradicate us. We opening Pandora’s box and no one is ready.
Or we we all be consumed with sexbots and the league will get canceled… there are only two roads.

Sexton had zero turnovers my dudes

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Well that was different than I expected. Few thoughts:
  • What I did expect and what happened is that they didnt pressure us at the point of attack, and our guards rewarded us with one of their lowest turnover totals of the season.
  • Would you believe that they shot higher% from 3 than we did? I wouldn't after seeing that insane shotmaking in the 1st half. However they did (47% vs 45%)
  • I am impressed by us getting more FT's than them and Lauri alone almost matched Giannis FT count. I didnt feel like we had some awesome whistle, but instead we just played cleaner.
  • KO - Portis battle was so funny. I feel like Hollywood needs more "hipster vs pshyco" type of hero-villain setups.
  • Dunn was fantastic all around and Ochai was also much much better on defense than he has been past few weeks.
  • Collins had a nice statline and a very good game by his standards. I'm however beginning to think that his standards wont ever reach the heights his athleticism+shooting combo would indicate.
We are still getting hotter, and soon will get noticed. John Schuhmann of NBA.com already did note, and boosted us to #18 in their power rankings (jumping Lakers and Warriors in the West).

The great thing about this team is, you'll know real quick if you can leave and do something else or finish watching the game so that's a positive.

So... we real good now, huh? Holy Hannah...

Also, the first half was a gimmick. It took Griffin 24 minutes to figure it out. Once he did, we were toast without the huge lead. Still... will played to win

So... we real good now, huh? Holy Hannah...

Also, the first half was a gimmick. It took Griffin 24 minutes to figure it out. Once he did, we were toast without the huge lead. Still... will played to win
Our early run wasnt any more gimmicky than their comeback. We got 55 points in the 2nd half with just 37 FGA and 1 offensive board.

They werent really stopping us, but they caught up their own 3P fever after ours had gotten cured. They ended up shooting 47.2% from 3, and while we made 4 more 3s our percentage was lower at 45.5%.

Oh and additional shoutout to Tech and Lauri for defending Giannis as well as they did. Tech fouled his shots a few times but its almost unavoidable with the way Giannis plays. But he mostly didnt show him the type of lanes that Giannis loves to take, but held good leverage for the most parts. Lauri had the best individual play though as he stopped a classic Giannis transition drive where Gannis put the shoulder right at his chest but he was able to maintain balance through that contact and still get up for a block.

I feel like Lauri has had few bad defensive games recenetly, so it was great to see him playing better on that end. Also stuffing the stat sheet with only one column showing 0 and that was turnovers (plus only 1 PF vs 3 stocks).