What's new

Game Thread Jan 18, 2024 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Thunder

Added to Calendar: 01-18-24

Reporter asking Will about Walker tonight had him a little stunned. lol

Last edited:
Hardy just did what has got him wins. Every lineup/player had several opportunities to put the Jazz over the top and they couldn't sustain runs.
He actually didn't. Eliminating Collins/Olynyk lineups is a huge part of what got him wins - he went back to it to start the 4th which dug the Jazz into a huge hole that they didn't have the time to climb out of.

But like I said before, I think he did that only as part of an emergency reshuffling of lineups to give Kessler all of the closing minutes.

Crazy part is Sexton scored 31 points and easily should have had double-digit assists. I can think of 3 possessions in the 3rd quarter alone where Collins missed two wide open corner threes and Simone missed one. All created from Sexton driving and dishing.

He actually didn't. Eliminating Collins/Olynyk lineups is a huge part of what got him wins - he went back to it to start the 4th which dug the Jazz into a huge hole that they didn't have the time to climb out of.

But like I said before, I think he did that only as part of an emergency reshuffling of lineups to give Kessler all of the closing minutes.
Nothing I saw said that those two players were the root of the issues for that lineup. It was Keyonte through and through

Hardy in his post-game presser confirmed my theory - gave Kessler a breather at the start of the 4th to put him back in when SGA returned to the game.

If that was the plan, he had no choice but to play Olynyk/Collins together, since Lauri was also coming out of the game.

Bummer. Probably would've been fine if Kessler started the 2nd half, but oh well.

Keyonte starts the game over Dunn, we win. Was an ugly, low energy start for Dunn.

In the minutes Collins/Olynyk have played together this season the Jazz have a DRTG of 121.8. They simply do not get stops.

OKC's bench scored 17 points in 4 minutes against them. OKC's starters put up 19 points in the remaining 8 minutes of the 4th.

Kinda feels good we are at this level despite not having top picks. Okc looks good but I don’t think they are good enough to win everything. They need somebody like Lauri and we need somebody like SGA.

Absolutely not. Keyonte was REALLY awful tonight too

I think if he started the game it would have been a different night for him. Energy at the start was a big issue and with Dunn we didn't get into our offense.

Crazy part is Sexton scored 31 points and easily should have had double-digit assists. I can think of 3 possessions in the 3rd quarter alone where Collins missed two wide open corner threes and Simone missed one. All created from Sexton driving and dishing.
You changed your pfp too. Now I'm sad and will counter it at last getting a Lauri pfp my own. But yeah, Sexton carried in the 4th as much as he can. We have a dynamic duo now that will drop combined 50 on normal night, and 60-70 if both are on fire.

I'll be shocked if the Thunder don't win a chip in the next 5 years. They're incredibly good, they're one of the youngest teams in the league, and they have like 17 picks in the next 5 years. There's no way they can screw it up twice can they?