What's new

Game Thread Jan 20, 2024 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Rockets

Added to Calendar: 01-20-24

I've seen Clarkson hit that shot a ton. I don't entirely trust the tracking system to accurately categorize these shots
Ya the stat provided didn't account for uncontested shots vs contested shots.
Maybe he was covered and contested on those shots in the stat provided.

Anywho regardless of what the stats say on this one I think getting a rebound down 1 point with like 8 seconds left in a game and then getting a wide open shot from about 10 feet (basically a free throw) by one of your best scorers who was having a great game is pretty ideal.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I can easily live with the last shot itself. Not that phased by the decision not to pass it to our best player either. I mean, that's Clarkson. You don't ever expect him to pass in that situation and he's made plenty of shots like that in crunch time. He short-armed it this time, **** happens.

IMO fighting over the last play is masking a bigger problem – a HUGE problem. We've gone away from ball movement once again.

Just a few weeks ago Sexton and Clarkson were both singing kumbaya in the media when asked about the reasons behind our win streak. "Everyone is involved", "ball is moving", "we're trusting one another" et cetera. After these last 3-4 games, it's starting to sound like empty talk.

If Hardy can't get this under control, I'm pretty disappointed in him. He got a ton of credit for our good play during the streak. That means I'm gonna be looking at him if our offense falls apart again. He should be just as accountable as the players.

People seriously thinking that's an 80-90 % shot makes me think you people don't understand statistics and probabilities even on the most basic, elementary school level.

Spelling Markkanen's name wrong on every post after it's been a season and half, makes me doubt writing skills as well...

People seriously thinking that's an 80-90 % shot makes me think you people don't understand statistics and probabilities even on the most basic, elementary school level.

Spelling Markkanen's name wrong on every post after it's been a season and half, makes me doubt writing skills as well...
People who think wide open 10 foot shots from a good scorer who is having a great game are bad shots make me think those people don't know what a good shot is. Some of these people think a wide open shot from farther away by a player who is having a worse game would have been preferable.

He. Wasn't. Open.

And he wasn't having a great game. He just took ALL the shots. If you take all the shots, guess what, you're gonna get points.
He was open. Wide open. Go a few posts up and you will see photographic evidence.

He was having a great game. Is 12-25 (almost 50%) from the field, 4-10 from 3 (40%), 5-5 from the line (100%) for 33 points, 12 rebounds, and 4 assists not a great game in your world?

He shot a better percentage from everywhere (from the field, from three and from the line) than Lauri did, got more rebounds, points, and assists than Lauri did in the same minutes and had the same number of turnovers.
33 points on 25 shots is better than 22 points on 18 shots

Last edited:
This was a frustrating loss. We are better than Houston and should’ve won this one. But we abandoned team basketball. Embiid has said it best: “You can't win with the ball sticking and playing iso basketball. You gotta have movement. Obviously for that to happen, you gotta have the right players to play with that type of system and the ball's just gotta move. And you can see, it's so much fun. It’s not just about scoring. Passing the ball, guys are making shots, the ball is moving, everybody’s happy. It’s fun.”

I know there’re a lot of Keyonte fans here and I’m one of them. But he’s not helping us win yet. Almost in every game he makes inexplicable mistakes that cost us a few or many points. And in tight games this matters. Our other players play their *** off and give everything they have, and then Hardy plays a rookie who’s not ready. It’s not fair for the fans who like winning either. If we play Keyonte, we should play Hendricks and Sensabaugh too if the FO doesn’t care whether we win or lose this season.

And with Keyonte, it is his shooting too. Of all the 98 guards who have averaged as many minutes per game as Keyonte, Keyonte’s shooting (FG% 37.2) is the second worst in the league. Only Scoot Henderson is worse than him with 36.7%. And he of course is a rookie too.

Must have been terrified Walker would go to the FT line again. Called the TO to get Walker out
I think that was under 2 minutes left in the game so not much of a worry

No.

View attachment 15839

If that's wide open, then Jazz should be averaging 250 ppg, because every player is wide open on every single possession.
Ya the ball is out of Clarkson hand and dude has no chance at effecting the shot. Wide open is probably incorrect. He was open though as that picture shows.
He was in the paint closer than the free throw line (he was 5-5 from the line) for a really good, easy, clean look at a game winner. If you look at that picture then you can reasonably assume that if you rewind it a few seconds you would see Clarkson pick up his dribble at the free throw line and the defenders feet were likely in the restricted circle about 5 feet away. Great final shot to win it. Sucks he missed

Btw, in your world is an efficient (great shooting percentages) 33 points, 12 rebounds and 4 assists still not a great game?

Last edited:
Didn't realize running floaters are now free throws.

The new NBA offense should be nothing but running floaters then. I'm sure some coach will soon figure this out.