What's new

Game Thread Jan 20, 2024 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Rockets

Added to Calendar: 01-20-24

Didn't realize running floaters are now free throws.

The new NBA offense should be nothing but running floaters then. I'm sure some coach will soon figure this out.
Didn't realize any one said that.
Was definitely a great shot for a game winning bucket though.

One thing you do realize though is that in your world 33 points on 25 shots with 12 rebounds and 4 assists isn't a great game so maybe what you do and don't realize is simply incorrect.
Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

On the contrary. I love the wild overreacting. Overreacting is life.

It's certainly better than the soul-killing armchair GM stuff.

It annoys me, and the scapegoating frustrates me.

I'm not a huge fan of the armchair GM stuff either.

That's basically like 95% of Jazzfanz though, so why am I even here? I continue to question my like choices.

Didn't realize running floaters are now free throws.

The new NBA offense should be nothing but running floaters then. I'm sure some coach will soon figure this out.

JC takes several worse shots than that every game. That's a good shot, dude. Look at the picture. An open floater from 10 feet out.

No.

View attachment 15839

If that's wide open, then Jazz should be averaging 250 ppg, because every player is wide open on every single possession.
This picture is worth a thousand words. JC probably makes that 8 times out of 10. The defender's position is intriguing: He's reaching and there has to be contact after the shot but no foul? Adam Silver's refs are so good.

Thats on the Jazz players. They were down 1, not 2
On Lauri, KO and Tec playing as they should and are coached to do and how the Jazz play? Which they do, all of them almost always.

On the other hand, they've all played with JC for 1½ seasons, so probably should know that as soon as he got the ball there was zero chance he was giving it up to anybody.

I dont see where I said it was a free throw. I know what a free throw is. Its when the game is stopped and a guy is at the line and other dudes are line up on the sides of the paint and the shooter stands still and can take their time.
The final shot last night was an open jumper from inside the free throw line. A great shot for clarkson to win the game. Sucks that he missed.

My post you quoted said that he was in the paint closer than the free thow line. That is a fact. It doesn't say it was free throw shot though. I hope that clears it up for ya.

One distinction between both losses and the preceding 20 games of our hot streak? Keyonte getting yanked. Keyonte shot poorly the last two games in his limited minutes. He had turnovers. He didn't get steals, although he did force turnovers and kept his man from scoring and he did have a good AST rate. But you know what Keyonte does better than anyone on the team? He gets us into our offense.

Last edited:
We can argue forever about details and individual moments etc. but one thing remains true: someone pointed on earlier how Hard Willy was not liking the ball movement after Pacers game. And things have not been better on that matter. The only big thing rn we should be very afraid, is these heartbreaking losses going to be teachable, or will Hardy lose his scoring guards again to revert to bad, old habits, we have seen signs of lately. If so, we can kiss goodbye for playoffs

One distinction between both losses and the preceding 20 games of our hot streak? Keyonte getting yanked. Keyonte shot poorly the last two games in his limited minutes. He had turnovers. He didn't get steals, although he did force turnovers and kept his man from scoring and he did have a good AST rate. But you know what Keyonte does better than anyone on the team? He gets us into our offense.
This point will be largely ignored but is extremely important.

We can argue forever about details and individual moments etc. but one thing remains true: someone pointed on earlier how Hard Willy was not liking the ball movement after Pacers game. And things have not been better on that matter. The only big thing rn we should be very afraid, is these heartbreaking losses going to be teachable, or will Hardy lose his scoring guards again to revert to bad, old habits, we have seen signs of lately. If so, we can kiss goodbye for playoffs
It's two steps forward one step back. Sexton has score first ingrained in him. Hardy will change that, but it will be a long arduous process. I believe he'll eventually find the balance. We'll lose games in the process but I believe he'll get there.

He was open. Wide open. Go a few posts up and you will see photographic evidence.

He was having a great game. Is 12-25 (almost 50%) from the field, 4-10 from 3 (40%), 5-5 from the line (100%) for 33 points, 12 rebounds, and 4 assists not a great game in your world?

He shot a better percentage from everywhere (from the field, from three and from the line) than Lauri did, got more rebounds, points, and assists than Lauri did in the same minutes and had the same number of turnovers.
33 points on 25 shots is better than 22 points on 18 shots

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Normally Lauri shoots with huge efficiency and is adifferent class player than Jc or Sexton (me me me brothers).

Do you really believe he would have gotten last shot on those nights??

Never!

We can debate single plays until the end of time, but sometimes it's the bigger picture that matters. Clarkson and Sexton combining for 52 FGA's is not winning basketball.

I understand that we just had a huge stretch of wins and these guys have some goodwill to waste, but the leash has to be a lot shorter in the next game.

Yeah, I don't disagree.

In a long run, I just don't think we can maintain our flow of offense and play Sexton and Clarkson together for extended stretches. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

If we were to trade off Laurie JC and Collin for pics and younger players I do think it would be a ~ 3 to 4 year cycle to accrue pieces that would equal what Houston has today.
That is a lot different than what you said originally lol.