What's new

Game Thread Jan 26, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Suns

Added to Calendar: 01-26-22

Only the Thunder at 1-9 have a worse record over the their last 10 games than they Jazz. This has been a complete and total meltdown. The Clippers, Nuggets, Suns, Warriors, Grizzlies, have all managed to play .500 or better when key guys have been out.

One thing I really miss about Favors is how good he was at passing out for open corner 3's... Rudy's good at doing this as well. When Whiteside gets the ball, he's shooting no matter what, he misses so many guys standing there wide open. Wish he was a little more unselfish.

A couple quick thoughts:

It’s time to sit Ingles. He’s done and it needs to end.

O’Neale can’t keep logging these types of minutes. He’s just not good enough.

Since when did Gay decide to not shoot?

Conley continues to be the best player on this squad.

If Quin can’t hold his players accountable, it’s time to hold Quin accountable.

ALL OF THIS.

The "good" news from all this losing is that people are waking up to the fact that Quin is not a basketball genius, and people are finally calling him out!

I've heard lots of leaders give the "individual accountability" speech then just let things continue status quo. It means less than nothing if there isn't any follow through from the leader because everyone learns he'll talk a good game but do nothing about it.

I've heard lots of leaders give the "individual accountability" speech then just let things continue status quo. It means less than nothing if there isn't any follow through from the leader because everyone learns he'll talk a good game but do nothing about it.
Ironically, it’s him not being accountable for holding others accountable, and his tough message is him continuing with his original sin(s).

Somewhat related; I worried giving Donovan the greenest light ever as a rookie was going to be worse in the long term and I don’t see evidence to the contrary. A lot cascades down from not holding one pet player accountable.

Guys, I know everyone is concerned about how our ******* stinks, but we just pooped and it’s going to stink. Our ******* actually smells really good for an ******* that just pooped. Lots of other assholes smell worse after they poop, so when you smell that stank you should know that that means it’s good!

Am I doing this right?

Ironically, it’s him not being accountable for holding others accountable, and his tough message is him continuing with his original sin(s).

Somewhat related; I worried giving Donovan the greenest light ever as a rookie was going to be worse in the long term and I don’t see evidence to the contrary. A lot cascades down from not holding one pet player accountable.
Related: I think Quin was more pissed off about Hayward than he’s ever let on and this was part of that. He wanted immediate results for obvious reasons, but birthing a star overnight might’ve felt like sticking it to Hayward a little too.

When people make ridiculous comments about teenaged girls I’ll call them out. Fair enough?
Maybe Avery is 16. Maybe he worded it wrong. Your mind went to him perving on a high-schooler. Mine didn't. I took it as a general comment. What if he said "this team is teasing me like a high school crush"? Would you scold him for having a crush on a high school girl?

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app