What's new

Game Thread Jan 30, 2022 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Wolves

Added to Calendar: 01-30-22

We should be getting more length and athleticism on the team a long time ago. Therefore, we signed a 35 yr old Rudy Gay then drafted a 6'1 PG Jared Butler.
One summer we traded Jae, Grayson and 2 first rounders for Conley.

The next summer, we re-signed Favors (a bad fit to start with) to our massive full mle (almost $10 million a year) just to turn and use a 1st rounder to dump his deal.

Then we go add Gay and trade back in the draft instead of taking Herb Jones.

We wasted Rudy and Don and Ingles. This is tragic.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

The next summer, we re-signed Favors (a bad fit to start with) to our massive full mle (almost $10 million a year) just to turn and use a 1st rounder to dump his deal.

So people here called Ainge to take actions... It may be a bit too late for that now.

Ainge is a master in cleaning up the mess though. He's someone who will not hesitate to push that reset button, which may be happening soon.

For those of you that thought it would be different under Jensen… Mike checks back in to a game we can’t win with 5 minutes left. Continuity.

You're overreacting. The Conley deal was a good move. Jae Crowder has bounced from Memphis to Miami to Phoenix after the deal. Grayson went from Memphis to Milwaukee. Neither are difference-makers. Yes, we have to move another pick, but Conley is the best PG we've had since DWill.

Aiming for Gay wasn't a bad idea, but he's pretty much washed. Whiteside is okay on a vet minimum.

The draft we blew was the Azubuike pick over Bane, though the Jazz should have been more aggressive in the 2nd round last year after they got Butler.

The Azubuikie pick, along with trading for Matt Thomas, is probably what got Dennis Lindsey fired.

You're overreacting. The Conley deal was a good move. Jae Crowder has bounced from Memphis to Miami to Phoenix after the deal. Grayson went from Memphis to Milwaukee. Neither are difference-makers. Yes, we have to move another pick, but Conley is the best PG we've had since DWill.

Aiming for Gay wasn't a bad idea, but he's pretty much washed. Whiteside is okay on a vet minimum.

The draft we blew was the Azubuike pick over Bane, though the Jazz should have been more aggressive in the 2nd round last year after they got Butler.
I never liked the Conley deal. He's a great dude but awful fit. Sometimes it doesn't work even if they are a good player.

I don't want to cry over spilled milk anymore. I hope Ainge can address our unbalanced, aging roster and give us some kind of hope.