What's new

Game Thread Jan 30, 2022 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Wolves

Added to Calendar: 01-30-22

You're overreacting. The Conley deal was a good move. Jae Crowder has bounced from Memphis to Miami to Phoenix after the deal. Grayson went from Memphis to Milwaukee. Neither are difference-makers. Yes, we have to move another pick, but Conley is the best PG we've had since DWill.

Aiming for Gay wasn't a bad idea, but he's pretty much washed. Whiteside is okay on a vet minimum.

The draft we blew was the Azubuike pick over Bane, though the Jazz should have been more aggressive in the 2nd round last year after they got Butler.
"Best PG since DWill" doesn't mean much since the bar is pretty low on that one. Given the second best PG we've had post Dwill was George Hill who was salary dumped by Sacramento just a season later. Also the premise of the Conley deal was supposed to allow Conley/the Jazz to challenge for the title and for Memphis to rebuild. But the outcome is exactly the opposite given now Memphis is the one actually contending while the Jazz is on the verge of a meltdown. Might as well send the old man back to Memphis I'm sure he and Gay would greatly appreciate it.

I never liked the Conley deal. He's a great dude but awful fit. Sometimes it doesn't work even if they are a good player.

I don't want to cry over spilled milk anymore. I hope Ainge can address our unbalanced, aging roster and give us some kind of hope.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Dude I am so so so tired of this ****ing spiel. Conley is about as perfect of a fit for Donovan and Rudy as it gets. Lose the ****ing vendetta it’s not a good look it never was.

"Best PG since DWill" doesn't mean much since the bar is pretty low on that one. Given the second best PG we've had post Dwill was George Hill who was salary dumped by Sacramento just a season later. Also the premise of the Conley deal was supposed to allow Conley/the Jazz to challenge for the title and for Memphis to rebuild. But the outcome is exactly the opposite given now Memphis is the one actually contending while the Jazz is on the verge of a meltdown. Might as well send the old man back to Memphis I'm sure he and Gay would greatly appreciate it.

Conley put up 22pts, 5ast, 4 rebs, 3stls. I'll take that any night. Jazz aren't on the verge of a meltdown. They just need their main guys back.

You're overreacting. The Conley deal was a good move. Jae Crowder has bounced from Memphis to Miami to Phoenix after the deal. Grayson went from Memphis to Milwaukee. Neither are difference-makers. Yes, we have to move another pick, but Conley is the best PG we've had since DWill.

Aiming for Gay wasn't a bad idea, but he's pretty much washed. Whiteside is okay on a vet minimum.

The draft we blew was the Azubuike pick over Bane, though the Jazz should have been more aggressive in the 2nd round last year after they got Butler.

The Azubuikie pick, along with trading for Matt Thomas, is probably what got Dennis Lindsey fired.
Also small moves add up over time. Jae’s played a key role on two teams that made it to the NBA finals for two straight seasons. Like Jae, PJ Tucker also bounced from Rockets to Bucks now to Miami. But every championship team will need guys like them.

They aren’t exactly what we call the “difference maker”. Sure. But neither is Conley. Like the Jazz’s gone exactly from a team that bounced out of the second round...to a team that bounced out of the second round. There's only a very few players in this league who's qualified as the “difference maker”. The 2019 Kawhi for Toronto being the perfect example.

So, what’s the rationale behind surrounding Rudy and Don with a core of rotation players that is built heavily on guys that are going to age out before Rudy and Don are out of their primes? Seems like a recipe for losing Don when the core ages out.

Here are some guys roughly about the same height as Joe out there that could be brought in. Michael Beasley, Justin Jackson, Chandler Hutchison or Denzel Valentine (today 27 points, 9 boards and 9 assists in the GLeague playing for Maine). Plus the Stars have the 2nd leading scorer in the GLeague in Carsen Edwards although he is only 5'11".

Conley put up 22pts, 5ast, 4 rebs, 3stls. I'll take that any night. Jazz aren't on the verge of a meltdown. They just need their main guys back.
What about 5 turnovers? Will you take that every night too? And this is already his best game since Jan 19. Keep in mind he's been our number one option on offense with Donovan out and he led the team in shot attempts. For the season he's good for 14pt and 5assists a night. You know who's also had similar numbers? Dennis Schroeder. Good. But not good enough for what we gave up. He's a reliable starter in this league. Nothing less. Nothing more.

Yeah we will probably keep Jingles till the end of the season then give him a proper retirement ceremony. I doubt they give him the Harpring treatment after tonight's injury.

Conley is a good player and a consummate professional and a great guy and teammate, and absolutely a terrible fit from the get-go.

What about 5 turnovers? Will you take that every night too? And this is already his best game since Jan 19. Keep in mind he's been our number one option on offense with Donovan out and he led the team in shot attempts. For the season he's good for 14pt and 5assists a night. You know who's also had similar numbers? Dennis Schroeder. Good. But not good enough for what we gave up. He's a reliable starter in this league. Nothing less. Nothing more.

On a night like tonight, yeah, I'll put up with 5 TOs. Conley is much better at running the team than Schroeder would be. He's also been playing better recently as well, averaging 16 pts and 5 ast over his last 5 games, despite not having Gobert to play off of. Conley is better than an average starter, and he runs Quin's system pretty efficiently.