What's new

Game Thread Jan 30, 2022 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Wolves

Added to Calendar: 01-30-22

How is Clarkson so bad after last season? It can't simply be because of the change in basketball. Is the real JC locked in a cell somewhere and the imposter on the court one of those conspiracy theory reptilians?

Of course. It was bizarre situation. At that moment, everybody was pointing fingers at Elliott especially as we lost game 1. Everybody was like why?

Now the narrative is that Don is an ahole and responsible? I'm so tired of this BS. Slander after slander

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
It’s not a narrative, it’s a pattern of behavior that’s proven and true.

Zanik said Elliott wanted to do other things.

If Don wanted him fired and had that much pull, it would have happened right away.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Seriously…..it’s laughable how much you’ll try. Everyone can see what happened.

Injuries don’t just happen, guys. They only happen when someone did something wrong. It’s like COVID. People don’t just get COVID, only people with moral failings. ACLs don’t just blow out. At least they won’t blow out if you’re under the care of a great team doctor. Bad medical teams are the only pathways for injuries to happen. Much like COVID, we could live in an injury-free world if we really wanted to.

Man….wasn’t watching the game but just saw the Ingles injury clip. Hoping for the best but it looked like a torn ACL. Just absolutely gutted and heartbroken for Joe.

I'm strangely feeling the opposite. I'm pretty ****ing sentimental. Feeling the win-one-for-the-Gipper vibes really strongly right now.
What if the Gipper has to be moved as an expiring contract?

We are playing small-ball, switch defense and Rudy Gay decides to play in a drop. I thought he was the most experienced guy with the small ball and all but his feel hasn't been good all season.

Jazz generally execute the switch well, mostly because it's the easiest 'scheme' to play, but it's the on-ball defending that's the problem. If Gay is going to slack on small-ball, what's even the point?

This team has been reliably terrible and painful to watch for about 10-12 games. I haven't turned off this many games early since the Jazz traded Deron Williams. And, yes, I know that both Rudy and Donovan have missed time in that run, but the team has barely been competitive against teams even our backups should be able to beat. They need the all-star break to get healthy, and then they need to stop running such predictable sets. I'm sure that the scouting reports say to just stay at home when the Jazz start to drive and kick. No one is actually threatening at the rim, especially without Mitchell. In fact, Bogey is a turnover machine on drives to the basket. When the "blender" starts, just stay at home on the 3-point line and wait to steal the ball from a crappy mid-air pass. We went from having the league's most dangerous offense, to not scoring 100 points in games. Are the Jazz REALLY this bad? or are they just in a rut?