What's new

Jazz’s Favors (and maybe Hood?) linked to Cavs

Thompson for Favors + Hood? LOL, if we make this trade our organization is awful..... That is, unless they give us that Brooklyn pick. Then give me Marvin Bagley

EDIT: I'd rather let Favors walk then give them him and Hood for Thompson who wouldn't even want to be here
Ya, **** thompson

If we are targeting another pick inside the top 10 should we go after the Lakers pick?

Expiring contracts
For
LAs worst contract (Deng) and their 1st

Favs + JJ + 2nd round (or 2019 1st)
For
Deng + Randle + LA 1st

I only mention this because if LA make a push for FA stars this offseason they wont need any more youth and would prefer the $18Mil/yr freed up. We pay Deng, let Randle walk.

I agree MDav. I think the trade is pretty simple and goes down in one of three ways:

Option 1 - our initial offer which is probably a little much for us (maybe we add our 2nd....):
Favors
for
Frye (who the Cavs do not need for their playoff run), Calderon (who the Cavs don't need for their playoff run), Osman (young player Cavs like but sacrifice for what Favors could provide for the playoffs this year), and Cavs' 2018 1st (so they get to keep the Brooklyn pick).

Option 2:
Favors
for
Frye (worthless to Cavs' playoffs), Calderon (worthless to Cavs' playoffs) and Osman (we would have to really value him).

Option 3:
Favors
for
Frye (see above), Calderon (see above), Zizic (young player Cavs acquired in Boston trade who is on a cheap deal), and Cavs' 2018 1st.

If we are targeting another pick inside the top 10 should we go after the Lakers pick?

Expiring contracts
For
LAs worst contract (Deng) and their 1st

Favs + JJ + 2nd round (or 2019 1st)
For
Deng + Randle + LA 1st

I only mention this because if LA make a push for FA stars this offseason they wont need any more youth and would prefer the $18Mil/yr freed up. We pay Deng, let Randle walk.
I'm pretty sure Boston has the Lakers' pick.

The problem I don't know how valuable that Nets pick will be this year. There are A LOT of teams already started thinking about tanking this year.

i would not give away hood for free, and especially I would not give him up for a bad player like Thompson. **** i'd rather just keep favors, enjoy him for the last half of his final year here, and let him walk away for nothing than take Thompson. You would have to give me the pick. Or it's a multi team trade and we get something else.

Hood, and Favors are free agents this coming year. Obviously Favors isn't coming back, and Hood, mr inconsistency is going to want a multi year expensive deal. So why not get TT and a top ten pick for them, then get nothing at all. We aren't going to become contenders through adding free agents, but through the draft.

Thompson sucks and we have no use for him. I know a lottery pick is great and all but paying a scrub as much as he earns to sit the bench is a risk, plus he earns almost what Biedrins, Rush and Jefferson made (I know the cap was less then but we got a heck of a lot more picks from GS/Denver).

I know people are afraid of getting 'nothing' for Favors and Hood but one has to remember that Thompson's contract will keep us from signing players who actually don't suck and can contribute.

Yeah. This is a fine plan, but only if the Nets pick is on the table. Otherwise, there is nothing to talk about.

Getting the Cavs pick and Shumpert for Favors seems pretty good to me, too. But that TT deal is atrocious.

Holy ****. I don’t get it. You guys are hemming and hawing about having TT (for just two years mind you) and we’d be getting somewhere around the 7th pick in the draft in a draft class in which the top 6 are studs.

Seriously? Wtf. Who cares if we have a ****** salary on our books for two years? Hell, he’d probably agree to a buyout anyway. By the time that contract is up, Mitchell and the two 2018 rookies I’m talking of drafting would still be on their rookie deals. Gobert would be 28 years old. Mitchell would be 24. Our rookies 21-22 and with two years of experience under their belts. Thompson could come off the books that summer at just the right time to sign one (or two?) solid free agents (maybe even by then our identity would be way better and we could attract a semi-stud?) before having to dish out big money to Mitchell or those two rookies. In other words, the timing would be perfect much like it has been for the Warriors.

But this reluctance to make a trade and in by doing so getting a great pick in a great draft simply because Thompson’s contract blows is beyond ****ing dumb. Sorry. We need to stop reciting the fairy tale that Gobert and Mitchell will attract some stud. We need to draft one. Like we did with them.

DTxe_xxVAAARCz_.jpg

That's the trade Jazz/Cavs/Bulls twitter thinks *could* happen

Taking on TT makes it really hard to sign a max guy in 2019.

Jazz will be through 2 years of Rudy's contract and on the 3rd year of Mitchell's rookie deal. They probably really want a max guy to pair w/ those 2 while they are still an inexpensive duo rather than pick up another (likely) late lottery pick.

Also, to convince that max guy to come to Utah, Utah probably needs to make the playoffs next year. TT doesnt help you do that at all, as he is just a way overpaid and worse Ekpe Udoh. Mirotic/Crowder would.

The idea of picking up two more lotto talents is nice, but I think I'd take one this upcoming draft + a max free agent in 2019.

Also, what's the verdict, can Cleveland trade their first because they have the Brooklyn pick?