What's new

Jazz’s Favors (and maybe Hood?) linked to Cavs

I mean you could trade those picks for an established player. That would likely have been enough to land Kyrie Irving. I think draft picks are great, but they are being valued like bitcoin at this point. If 8 and 10 get you a sure thing, take the sure thing. If one of those picks were top 3, however. . .
Yes. This. People get so nervous about trading away something they view as having a higher ceiling that whatever they trade.

Trades that us as a fan base would have never made at the time because of potential:

Kanter+ for Harden.
Kirilenko for Ginobili
Kirilenko for Dirk (in his rookie year Don Nelson had reportedly told KOC that he'd give anyone on his roster for him -- probably not completely serious, but it spurred the online discussion where everyone said no way we do that)

We could go on forever.

If we had the #8 and the #10, I'll bet that would open up plenty of possibilities for grabbing an established player.

Okay, let's play this game. If we had #8 and #10, who are we going after? I'd like to see the list.

Boston has had picks for days, but do you know how they got Kyrie - because they had Isaiah in addition to picks.

Okay, let's play this game. If we had #8 and #10, who are we going after? I'd like to see the list.

Boston has had picks for days, but do you know how they got Kyrie - because they had Isaiah in addition to picks.

You would probably need to wait a bit to see what shakes out. Fairly certain you could have gotten IT for an 8 pick straight up, the Irving thing wasn't there, maybe even the #10. The 8 and 10 probably would have put you in the running for Jimmy Butler. Obviously you will need to wait until after the all-star break, but a lot of teams will adjust their timelines and some really good players would be available to be cashed in for two more bites at the lottery apple.

The wizards aren't going anywhere fast. I'd bet they would look hard at giving up Beal if we took crap back as well.

You would probably need to wait a bit to see what shakes out. Fairly certain you could have gotten IT for an 8 pick straight up, the Irving thing wasn't there, maybe even the #10. The 8 and 10 probably would have put you in the running for Jimmy Butler. Obviously you will need to wait until after the all-star break, but a lot of teams will adjust their timelines and some really good players would be available to be cashed in for two more bites at the lottery apple.

I'm talking about tell me who are targets are this summer if we have #8 and #10. Who do we target?

Kevin Love with one year left?
Fournier with 3 years $17 per left?
Otto Porter?
Kemba Walker with 1 year left?
Paul Millsap with 2 years left?
Porzingis with 1 year left and we'd probably have to give future 1sts too?

Porzingis is the only exciting one, but it would take so much more.

I mean they are the textbook definition of a treadmill team, they are going to have to do something at some point if they ever want to be more. Wall isn't getting any younger. . .

Doubt you can find many 2 guards better than Beal. Their issue is Mahimini contract, giving up one of the best young guards in the league isn't moving forward at all.

I mean they are the textbook definition of a treadmill team, they are going to have to do something at some point if they ever want to be more. Wall isn't getting any younger. . .
Teams that win 50-ish games a year are really never in a rush to arbitrarily tear it down. Should team's just stop playing because the Warriors are basically a lock as long as they have their big 4?

I'm talking about tell me who are targets are this summer if we have #8 and #10. Who do we target?

Kevin Love with one year left?
Fournier with 3 years $17 per left?
Otto Porter?
Kemba Walker with 1 year left?
Paul Millsap with 2 years left?
Porzingis with 1 year left and we'd probably have to give future 1sts too?

Porzingis is the only exciting one, but it would take so much more.
I would throw every asset that aren't the foundations of the team at Porzingis and not blink.

Mitchell, Porzinigis, and Gobert is a legitimate championship core. It's good enough that Ingles and a bunch of savvy low-key front office moves would work, and I have no doubt the organization would be up to the task as that seems like what they've been building anyway.

The only way I entertain the idea of trading Favors and Hood to Cleveland is if we are getting the Brooklyn pick back in return AND neither JR Smith or Tristan Thompson are attached.

The Nets pick would be worth eating the 35m remaining on Thompson's contract if it was top 5, but right now it's 7 and other teams are about to go into full tank mode post all star break. It probably wouldn't end well.

I would throw every asset that aren't the foundations of the team at Porzingis and not blink.

Mitchell, Porzinigis, and Gobert is a legitimate championship core. It's good enough that Ingles and a bunch of savvy low-key front office moves would work, and I have no doubt the organization would be up to the task as that seems like what they've been building anyway.

fantasy land

The Knicks aren't trading Porzingis especially if you're not willing to part with either of the top 2 players on a non playoff team. It's not happening

fantasy land

The Knicks aren't trading Porzingis especially if you're not willing to part with either of the top 2 players on a non playoff team. It's not happening
I wouldn't think so.

(The only thing worth entertaining whatsoever about getting him is the prospect that he forces his way out threatening taking the QO which his camp has already floated. But it wouldn't be this offseason that any trigger got pulled in that unlikely instance.)