What's new

Jazz’s Favors (and maybe Hood?) linked to Cavs

lol alright dude
Have you watched him? He has one of the worst assist to FGA ratios in the history of the NBA this year. He is literally playing exactly like Melo did on NYC (this isnt a original thought, a lot of people have been saying it). He just holds the ball a long time in the mid-range and forces bad faceup shots.

I'm not saying that is enough of a reason to not want him. Just saying, don't overrate the guy. He is a very selfish, or worse, low IQ player.

Have you watched him? He has one of the worst assist to FGA ratios in the history of the NBA this year. He is literally playing exactly like Melo did on NYC (this isnt a original thought, a lot of people have been saying it). He just holds the ball a long time in the mid-range and forces bad faceup shots.

I'm not saying that is enough of a reason to not want him. Just saying, don't overrate the guy. He is a very selfish, or worse, low IQ player.
I read the article.

They are not the same player. Sorry.

I wouldn't say Porzingis has bad IQ but it is obvious he is being selfish and forming bad habits. If he continues like this he could turn into Carmelo but I doubt he plays likes this with a good coach and better players.

I wouldn't say Porzingis has bad IQ but it is obvious he is being selfish and forming bad habits. If he continues like this he could turn into Carmelo but I doubt he plays likes this with a good coach and better players.

I mean he plays with no one else that can create and he’s a big... what else is he supposed to do?

Just kind of thinking here but I feel like there's a 3-way deal w/ Utah, Cavs, Clippers involving Love, Jordan, Favors, Hood, etc that may make sense...

Just kind of thinking here but I feel like there's a 3-way deal w/ Utah, Cavs, Clippers involving Love, Jordan, Favors, Hood, etc that may make sense...

Maybe... I’m not sure the Clips are moving Jordan... that would make some sense doe.

Sure, the Knicks arent great, but they aren't your star, who takes 19.4 shots per game, can only get 1.2 assist per game bad. He is close to being as selfish as Hassan Whiteside.

I'm confused why it makes sense for the Clippers.

Also, I'd rather have Mirotic than Love if I'm being honest. Love is a trash defender. Remember when Ingles was taking him to the rack? Mirotic ages better w/ our core also if we can keep him long-term.

I mean, I assume you mean a deal like this: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y99yhj6a

Cavs would still have to give the Brooklyn pick to the Clips and do the Cavs really want to do that?

Or do you mean something like this:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaqgf2mc

Maybe then the Cavs are more willing to deal the Brooklyn pick.

Or maybe you mean this, to make it more Jazz tilted:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9o4wpkl

But still, do the Clippers really want to do this deal or would they rather just try to re-sign DJ?

Last edited:

Also, I'd rather have Mirotic than Love if I'm being honest. Love is a trash defender. Remember when Ingles was taking him to the rack? Mirotic ages better w/ our core also if we can keep him long-term.

I mean, I assume you mean a deal like this: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y99yhj6a

Cavs would still have to give the Brooklyn pick to the Clips and do the Cavs really want to do that?

I’ve been a big Love supporter for a while and think he makes us a contender. I think grabbing him is worth it even if he’s older. However, I’m with you on preferring Mirotic to Love. Plus he’s a hell of a lot less expensive. It is interesting to note that people think Mirotic will be a ‘meh’ three point shooter because his career average is 36.2% from deep. Well, Love is a career 36.8% on much less frequent attempts. Anyway, Love is an elite rebounder and I really, really hate ****** rebounding fours. Mirotic is respectable. If he can keep up anything similar to what he’s currently doing then that’s gravy. He does seem to have better lateral quickness and I think he’s a decent defender despite the rap he’s been given. He’s not stiff.

I’ve been a big Love supporter for a while and think he makes us a contender. I think grabbing him is worth it even if he’s older. However, I’m with you on preferring Mirotic to Love. Plus he’s a hell of a lot less expensive. It is interesting to note that people think Mirotic will be a ‘meh’ three point shooter because his career average is 36.2% from deep. Well, Love is a career 36.8% on much less frequent attempts. Anyway, Love is an elite rebounder and I really, really hate ****** rebounding fours. Mirotic is respectable. If he can keep up anything similar to what he’s currently doing then that’s gravy. He does seem to have better lateral quickness and I think he’s a decent defender despite the rap he’s been given. He’s not stiff.
I mean, Mirotic has about equal defensive rebound percentage for his career as Favors.

I mean, Mirotic has about equal defensive rebound percentage for his career as Favors.
I’ve been underwhelmed by Favors’ rebounding. I suppose I have a higher standard for rebounding but I don’t think anything could ever be worse than Boris and Lyles off the bench last year.

But Mirotic’s defensive rebounding is fine. It’s the offensive glass (which is let Rudy clean up anyway) that he does worse on, but he’ll space the floor and if he clears out the middle then Rudy has opportunity for more offensive boards.

I’ve been underwhelmed by Favors’ rebounding. I suppose I have a higher standard for rebounding but I don’t think anything could ever be worse than Boris and Lyles off the bench last year.

But Mirotic’s defensive rebounding is fine. It’s the offensive glass (which is let Rudy clean up anyway) that he does worse on, but he’ll space the floor and if he clears out the middle then Rudy has opportunity for more offensive boards.

Yeah, you cant expect stretch 4's to offensive rebound. They arent in the paint when shots go up.

Yeah, you cant expect stretch 4's to offensive rebound. They arent in the paint when shots go up.
I’m willing to concede it. If he’s got his guy guarding him on the perimeter, Gobert fights one guy down there. If he spaces the floor enough then perhaps our offensive rebounding as a team goes up (or goes down because he won’t miss any damn shots).

Or maybe you mean this, to make it more Jazz tilted:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9o4wpkl

But still, do the Clippers really want to do this deal or would they rather just try to re-sign DJ?

Thanks for putting in that work, yeah something along those lines. I'm not really of the same opinion about Love/Mirotic though, I think Love is and can be a lot more dynamic as shown in Minnesota. I'm not sure if the Clippers want to pay for Jordan or are convinced he even wants to stay if they are willing, but yeah if they are willing to pay for him if he wants to stay then the trade doesn't make much sense from their end.

I’d rather have Niko and I think the price to get him is much lower than Love.

He doesn’t do the offensive rebounding Love does but I’m okay with that. The stuff Niko is doing off the dribble is fascinating.

We need to get us a pick to send their way and get Niko... I guess I don’t care what happens to the tank since it was always going to be a half assed tank job which doesn’t work.

A contender for what???

Love does nothing more than get us into the playoffs. We’d still get smoked in the first round.

X Woj

Teams are already calling Jazz to check if they're willing to move Derrick Favors, but they've made it clear they plan to keep him.