What's new

Jazz 2017/18 Playoff Bus! All Aboard!

Interesting fact alluded to but not stated in that article. Remove all of the Rudy Gobert lineups and the Jazz STILL have the best defense in the NBA over the last 23 games. Amazing. . .

Lineups (12min and more) - Last 23 games (NBA.com) :

With Gobert :
Rubio-Mitchell-Ingles-Favors-Gobert 217min ; ORTG 115.4 ; DRTG 95.4 ; NETRTG +20.0
Rubio-Mitchell-Ingles-Crowder-Gobert 119min ; ORTG 118.2 ; DRTG 76.4 ; NETRTG +41.8
Mitchell-O'Neale-Ingles-Favors-Gobert 63min ; ORTG 108.9 ; DRTG 96.9 ; NETRTG +12.0
Rubio-Mitchell-Ingles-Jerebko-Gobert 47min ; ORTG 100.4 ; DRTG 94.1 ; NETRTG +6.4
Mitchell-O'Neale-Ingles-Crowder-Gobert 42min ; ORTG 100.9 ; DRTG 95.0 ; NETRTG +5.8
Mitchell-O'Neale-Crowder-Jerebko-Gobert 26min ; ORTG 137.1 ; DRTG 88.5 ; NETRTG +48.6
Rubio-Mitchell-Ingles-Johnson-Gobert 24min ; ORTG 111.9 ; DRTG 85.3 ; NETRTG +26.6
Mitchell-Ingles-Crowder-Jerebko-Gobert 19min ; ORTG 85.7 ; DRTG 82.1 ; NETRTG +3.6
Rubio-Mitchell-O'Neale-Crowder-Gobert 18min ; ORTG 139.1 ; DRTG 82.4 ; NETRTG +56.7
Rubio-Burks-Ingles-Favors-Gobert 15min ; ORTG 123.0 ; DRTG 93.7 ; NETRTG +29.3

Sans Gobert :
Neto-Burks-O'Neale-Johnson-Favors 20min ; ORTG 81.4 ; DRTG 119.2 ; NETRTG -37.7
Neto-O'Neale-Crowder-Jerebko-Favors 20min ; ORTG 123.8 ; DRTG 99.8 ; NETRTG +24.0
Mitchell-O'Neale-Crowder-Jerebko-Favors 15min ; ORTG 101.1; DRTG 108.7 ; NETRTG -7.6
Rubio-Burks-O'Neale-Johnson-Favors 13min ; ORTG 123.0 ; DRTG 75.1 ; NETRTG +47.9
Neto-Burks-O'Neale-Jerebko-Udoh 13min ; ORTG 111.3 ; DRTG 104.7 ; NETRTG +6.6
Neto-Hood-O'Neale-Johnson-Favors 13min ; ORTG 144.6 ; DRTG 96.8 ; NETRTG +47.8

Rubio with great +/- numbers should be expected. Remember this stat: Rubio spent 6 season with the Timberwolves. 6 awful seasons of constant losing and tanking. In the thousands and thousands of minutes Rubio was on the court (basically 28 min/game), the Wolves outscored the opponents. Let that sink in.

Doesn't it suck knowing it doesn't matter? It's going to be GSW vs Houston WCF. The East will be more interesting to see who gets to the finals versusLeBron.

5th may be the best we can hope for. I think Portland is uncatchable. And OKC is playing great AND owns the tiebreaker.

In that case, I’m hoping for 6th.

Lineups (12min and more) - Last 23 games (NBA.com) :
With Gobert :
Rubio-Mitchell-Ingles-Favors-Gobert 217min ; ORTG 115.4 ; DRTG 95.4 ; NETRTG +20.0
Rubio-Mitchell-Ingles-Crowder-Gobert 119min ; ORTG 118.2 ; DRTG 76.4 ; NETRTG +41.8
Mitchell-O'Neale-Ingles-Favors-Gobert 63min ; ORTG 108.9 ; DRTG 96.9 ; NETRTG +12.0
Rubio-Mitchell-Ingles-Jerebko-Gobert 47min ; ORTG 100.4 ; DRTG 94.1 ; NETRTG +6.4
Mitchell-O'Neale-Ingles-Crowder-Gobert 42min ; ORTG 100.9 ; DRTG 95.0 ; NETRTG +5.8
Mitchell-O'Neale-Crowder-Jerebko-Gobert 26min ; ORTG 137.1 ; DRTG 88.5 ; NETRTG +48.6
Rubio-Mitchell-Ingles-Johnson-Gobert 24min ; ORTG 111.9 ; DRTG 85.3 ; NETRTG +26.6
Mitchell-Ingles-Crowder-Jerebko-Gobert 19min ; ORTG 85.7 ; DRTG 82.1 ; NETRTG +3.6
Rubio-Mitchell-O'Neale-Crowder-Gobert 18min ; ORTG 139.1 ; DRTG 82.4 ; NETRTG +56.7
Rubio-Burks-Ingles-Favors-Gobert 15min ; ORTG 123.0 ; DRTG 93.7 ; NETRTG +29.3

Sans Gobert :
Neto-Burks-O'Neale-Johnson-Favors 20min ; ORTG 81.4 ; DRTG 119.2 ; NETRTG -37.7
Neto-O'Neale-Crowder-Jerebko-Favors 20min ; ORTG 123.8 ; DRTG 99.8 ; NETRTG +24.0
Mitchell-O'Neale-Crowder-Jerebko-Favors 15min ; ORTG 101.1; DRTG 108.7 ; NETRTG -7.6
Rubio-Burks-O'Neale-Johnson-Favors 13min ; ORTG 123.0 ; DRTG 75.1 ; NETRTG +47.9
Neto-Burks-O'Neale-Jerebko-Udoh 13min ; ORTG 111.3 ; DRTG 104.7 ; NETRTG +6.6
Neto-Hood-O'Neale-Johnson-Favors 13min ; ORTG 144.6 ; DRTG 96.8 ; NETRTG +47.8

Sweet Jesus!

And while I think GSW will be hard to beat if healthy, they sure ain't healthy right now.

This could be Utah's chance to be really lucky. I still doubt we can win it all this year. I put the odds pretty low but if GS has a couple guys unhealthy and we keep playing at this high of a level you never know.

GS health opens up the playoffs this year a lot. But the also might be healthy and fine for the playoffs. They can even handle missing one of their players and probably still be the best.

Feeling good about the playoffs. Denver and LAC are fading a bit. Now I really want to avoid the 7 or 8 seed.
This ^^

I know we’re getting to the point that we’re greedy, but the playoffs still aren’t a lock for the Jazz. Almost, but not quite.

I don’t see Portland or OKC falling off enough to change seeding dramatically. Jazz are still fighting with New Orleans, San Antonio, Minnesota, Denver and LA for 4 spots. If Utah can make the playoffs and avoid Houston or Golden State until the 2nd round, then there’s a chance for something special.

Would love to see this underdog team make some noise in the postseason.

Basically, I badly want this team to make the playoffs. If it's 3-6 great, if it's 7-8 good enough for me. Come playoff time those 2 lineups should play 40 min/game, right? I like our chances against anyone.

i think we're gonna make the playoffs, but I'm realizing how big of a tragedy it would be if we didn't.

It's so clear that a team with a healthy Gobert was a top 4 seed in the western conference this year. The insane part is that we still might pull *that* off, but it's just been a wild ride. I'm hopeful we finish off righteously, but this really has been an unprecedented run of success. 40-30 is just insane.

This could be Utah's chance to be really lucky. I still doubt we can win it all this year. I put the odds pretty low but if GS has a couple guys unhealthy and we keep playing at this high of a level you never know.

GS health opens up the playoffs this year a lot. But the also might be healthy and fine for the playoffs. They can even handle missing one of their players and probably still be the best.

I am in zero economical shape to come to Utah again but if the Jazz make it to the Conference Finals, I mean I got to go. See Curry and Durant in their primes too-- tell my kids about it.

i think we're gonna make the playoffs, but I'm realizing how big of a tragedy it would be if we didn't.

It's so clear that a team with a healthy Gobert was a top 4 seed in the western conference this year. The insane part is that we still might pull *that* off, but it's just been a wild ride. I'm hopeful we finish off righteously, but this really has been an unprecedented run of success. 40-30 is just insane.
Well the good news is that if we miss the playoffs at this point then we are not a top 4 team in the West.

But we ain’t missing the playoffs and definitely are a top 4 team in the West

It might even be possible that the majority of the fanbase is still underrating the Utah Jazz right now. Health is so big. Adding a healthy Dante Exum just does so much in a potential matchup against Portland.

It might even be possible that the majority of the fanbase is still underrating the Utah Jazz right now. Health is so big. Adding a healthy Dante Exum just does so much in a potential matchup against Portland.
Yep, if Dante is what the front office purports him to be, and I think he is, then I feel sorry for whoever gets the Jazz in the playoffs. They were already going to be a handful. They could become a nightmare.

I am in zero economical shape to come to Utah again but if the Jazz make it to the Conference Finals, I mean I got to go.

Awesome. I actually asked MsSerp about a month or so ago if I could come to Utah again for the playoffs and she said no. She's 6.5 months prego and working a ton of hours so someone would need to pick the kids up from daycare or watch them if she has to work a Saturday. Like that.

Last week, after our recent surge over the last month, I told her if they make the conference finals, I am going to a game and she doesn't have a say. I never pull crap like that either but ****, like you said, I got to go, right?

If it happens, we should try to meet up. Hell, I won't stay in our time share in PC but in the Marriott in downtown SLC instead so you could stay for free if you wanted.