What's new

Jazz 2017/18 Playoff Bus! All Aboard!

Kind of sad to see Lyles is doing a repeat of last year once his minutes diminished. Millsap came back and he's been awful - he actually got a DNP last night in a double OT game.

The guy is an obvious talent - just needs to grow up a bit.

The Celtics are definitely not winning tonight. They've looked like utter trash of late (I realize they have injuries but still trash of late)

Injuries not allowing GS or Boston to help us. And the OKC win at Toronto was huge for the Thunder.
Have to give SA credit. They've been tough without Kwahi all year. What kind of record would any other team have if their all-star went down? Well, i guess Boston is a comp.

Injuries not allowing GS or Boston to help us. And the OKC win at Toronto was huge for the Thunder.
Have to give SA credit. They've been tough without Kwahi all year. What kind of record would any other team have if their all-star went down? Well, i guess Boston is a comp.
Not really...

Kind of sad to see Lyles is doing a repeat of last year once his minutes diminished. Millsap came back and he's been awful - he actually got a DNP last night in a double OT game.

The guy is an obvious talent - just needs to grow up a bit.

I just don't get it. It looked like he might be a contender for 6th man and then he just disappears.

It has to be all mental. The guy was unstoppable against us in DEN.

Considering the Jazz still have to play the Celtics and play the Warriors twice, it's fine with me if those two teams are struggling. If we win those games, we can get to 50 wins and possibly take the 4th seed.

Ten more wins:
-- ATL
-- DAL
-- BOS
-- LAL x2
-- GSW X2
-- LAC
-- MEM
-- Plus one of MIN, POR or SA

I just don't get it. It looked like he might be a contender for 6th man and then he just disappears.

I guess but he plays well, the team wins, they bring back the guy they signed in FA and he no longer gets to play and they are losing.

This is what happens when you have too many guys and your young guys can’t get time. I understand getting milsap but why overpay plumlee when you have Faried and Arther. Also when you know you are pushing the tax next year.

Hernangomez cant get any play either... he was good for them last year.

I suspect milsap or another expensive piece is moved with one of their young guys. Just terrible roster building on Denver’s part.

Lyles shouldn’t pout but he also had laid claim to some of that playing time with his performance.

Lyles isn't mentally very tough. He doesn't deal with adversity very well. It looks like a maturity issue. Plus, it's not clear that he really wants to be great.

Denver has some terrible contracts, but in the summer of '19 it looks better. Just Plumlee with one year left of the bad ones then (well, and Harris, but he's a very good player).

Uhh, how does anyone know it's a maturity issue? He might just be that type of on/off player or someone who doesnt play well in limited minutes. Or he might just not be that good.

He's a 3rd year player. IDK how consistent you expect 3rd year bench players who have had their roles fluctuate based on the health status of their team to be, but most arent very consistent.

And Mike Malone is a weird coach. This is the dude who started Nurkic over Jokic at points in the beginning of the season last year. He's also completely benched Faried for most of the season.

I suspect milsap or another expensive piece is moved with one of their young guys. Just terrible roster building on Denver’s part.
Here's my idea: we trade them Alec Burks for Kenneth Faried and their first rounder. Then they could sell it to their fan base that they're moving out some of the PFs, getting a wing, and getting a local guy.

Here's my idea: we trade them Alec Burks for Kenneth Faried and their first rounder. Then they could sell it to their fan base that they're moving out some of the PFs, getting a wing, and getting a local guy.
No way we’re getting a 1st for Faried’s expiring contract and I don’t think he fits what the Jazz need off the bench.

Better plan would be - Burks to Denver, Faried to Brooklyn, Carroll to Utah - with the Nuggets and the Jazz each sending a 2nd round pick to Brooklyn. All three guys are on expiring contracts.

Denver gets an athletic wing with local ties, clears up the logjam at PF a bit and save about $2 million in the process - only costing them a 2nd round pick to help facilitate getting rid of Faried.

Brooklyn gets an athletic PF who can bring some hustle and rebounding to their bench, plus two 2nd round picks and save about $2 million in the process.

Utah gets the best player out of the deal, while only adding $4 million to their 2018 cap at the cost of a guy outside the rotation and a late 2nd round pick. DMC is a great fit culture wise who is familiar with the team and the coach. He also has a manageable contract, which allows the Jazz to maintain financial flexibility heading into free agency.

That to me seems like a win, win, win. Everybody gets something they can sell as an upgrade, while not paying a premium price to get rid of a guy they no longer need.

No way we’re getting a 1st for Faried’s expiring contract and I don’t think he fits what the Jazz need off the bench.

Better plan would be - Burks to Denver, Faried to Brooklyn, Carroll to Utah - with the Nuggets and the Jazz each sending a 2nd round pick to Brooklyn. All three guys are on expiring contracts.

Denver gets an athletic wing with local ties, clears up the logjam at PF a bit and save about $2 million in the process - only costing them a 2nd round pick to help facilitate getting rid of Faried.

Brooklyn gets an athletic PF who can bring some hustle and rebounding to their bench, plus two 2nd round picks and save about $2 million in the process.

Utah gets the best player out of the deal, while only adding $4 million to their 2018 cap at the cost of a guy outside the rotation and a late 2nd round pick. DMC is a great fit culture wise who is familiar with the team and the coach. He also has a manageable contract, which allows the Jazz to maintain financial flexibility heading into free agency.

That to me seems like a win, win, win. Everybody gets something they can sell as an upgrade, while not paying a premium price to get rid of a guy they no longer need.
I like your trade. Mine wasn’t serious, but I liked yours.

I like your trade. Mine wasn’t serious, but I liked yours.
This was the last deal that I wanted the Jazz to make after the JJ/Crowder/Hood trade. Figured it was one that could easily be justified by all three teams.

Now I’m hoping they pull it off just prior to the draft.

If they did a trade it would be all about salary reduction first rounder would likely mean you are taking on Faried and sending back unguaranteed contracts.