What's new

Jazz 2017/18 Playoff Bus! All Aboard!

Sounds like Kyrie won't be going on Boston's road trip (that includes Utah). He's still resting his knee. Marcus Smart is out too.

I'm also looking forward to Crowder going up against his old team.

Uh, okay. Thanks. I suppose.

I feel like mine works. At least colloquially. "They are absolute ****".

In the UK, teams are always pluralized. So Liverpool are beating Brighton and Arsenal are in the market for a new defender. I don't know why North Americans insist on singular. Boston here isn't the freaking city of Boston. It's a basketball team.

In the UK, teams are always pluralized. So Liverpool are beating Brighton and Arsenal are in the market for a new defender. I don't know why North Americans insist on singular. Boston here isn't the freaking city of Boston. It's a basketball team.

You can argue that even a team is singular. People often say "the Jazz are" etc, meaning the Jazz players are. Also, most team names are pluralized. I could've said "the Celtics are" and I don't think there would have been any grammatical objections. But regardless, language is how people talk, not a list of rules in a textbook. It is a common usage, and thus correct.

For only five thousand dollars a month you can keep this man soaked in the finest liqueurs and wines known to humanity.

I don’t even know who to root for in the Boston vs okc game. So much can still happen that it could be good for us for Boston to win or it could be bad. If we stay in 5th then I want okc to win and catch Portland. If we finish 6th then I want Boston to win.

Definitely rooting for clippers to beat Minnesota though.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Because Boston is one team. Or one city. It's singular, though as the UK does it, pluralizing it has become relatively accepted here at times.

I don’t even know who to root for in the Boston vs okc game. So much can still happen that it could be good for us for Boston to win or it could be bad. If we stay in 5th then I want okc to win and catch Portland. If we finish 6th then I want Boston to win.

Definitely rooting for clippers to beat Minnesota though.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

What???

You root for Boston, bro.