What's new

Jazz 2017/18 Playoff Bus! All Aboard!

No need to panic yet. Better to have won this one, but it's hard to win ten straight in this league. This can help us reset and play without thinking of a streak ending.

Missed Favors out there tonight!
Agree on both counts. Can’t overstate how nice it would’ve been to have Favors available. Everyone who thinks we can just replace what he brings with a Jerebko and Crowder pairing are wrong. Those guys are able to be as successful as they are because Utah has the deepest frontcourt in the league and the Gobert/Favors pairing is crucial to that. I’m not sure what the numbers needs to be, but the Jazz really need to make an effort to keep Derrick Favors.

Agree on both counts. Can’t overstate how nice it would’ve been to have Favors available. Everyone who thinks we can just replace what he brings with a Jerebko and Crowder pairing are wrong. Those guys are able to be as successful as they are because Utah has the deepest frontcourt in the league and the Gobert/Favors pairing is crucial to that. I’m not sure what the numbers needs to be, but the Jazz really need to make an effort to keep Derrick Favors.

Jerebko was terrible last night. We just came out flat overall. Definitely a flashback to December.

I agree that we missed Favors big time. He's been impressive... no ego issues... a great cog. But will he continue to fall apart physically? And how much comfort-food will he consume when he signs a new contract? He deserves a chance based on his play this season but his health long-term and his desire have me on the fence still. But maybe I'm still hung up on his loafing in the past.

Last edited:
Lots of big games tonight:
Pacers @ Pelicans
Nuggets @ Bulls
Wizards
@ Spurs
Clippers @ Bucks
Lots of big games tonight:
Pacers @ Pelicans
Nuggets @ Bulls
Wizards
@ Spurs
Clippers @ Bucks

I want two (or more of course) to fall our way tonight. If we can have that every night, where 50% or more of our opponents’ games go the way we want, and we win about 2/3 of our remaining games, we’ll be just fine.

Los fanáticos del Jazz todavía están dando juegos para el ganado, es vergonzosa tanta arrogancia. Creo que sobreestiman Jazz. Se ven como niños pequeños. El fanatismo los separa de la realidad.

Los fanáticos del Jazz todavía están dando juegos para el ganado, es vergonzosa tanta arrogancia. Creo que sobreestiman Jazz. Se ven como niños pequeños. El fanatismo los separa de la realidad.

Did someone say pina colada? Cheers!

How are the Bucks so terrible?
The 8 Eastern Conference playoff teams are set. I think Detroit has like a 1% chance of breaking into the top 8. Those teams arent as hungry, as One Love would like to say, as the Western Conference teams.

Last edited:
The power of the East is in full effect as the Clippers are up 14 on the road and the Nuggets are up 43 on the Bulls. On the road. Not even the 4th quarter. 43 ****ing points.

Hope the Pacers break the chain.

East is pathetic. This kind of season makes it a lot easier to want the league to even out the schedule more and take just the top 16 teams. I’m not as enamored with the East/West tradition for playoffs as I used to be.

It seems like Silver is open to the possibility. I’d hope that would help towards better league parity overall. That, and more stringent anti-tanking measures.

The 8 Eastern Conference playoff teams are set. I think Detroit has like a 1% chance of breaking into the top 8. Those teams arent as hungry, as One Love would like to say, as the Western Conference teams.

I'd still be hungry to move up to the 7 seed if I were them. Boston has a ton of injuries and Toronto looks like they're for real.

East is pathetic. This kind of season makes it a lot easier to want the league to even out the schedule more and take just the top 16 teams. I’m not as enamored with the East/West tradition for playoffs as I used to be.

It seems like Silver is open to the possibility. I’d hope that would help towards better league parity overall. That, and more stringent anti-tanking measures.
The East has been good this year. I think this is the closest the two conferences have been in a while.