What's new

Jazz 2017/18 Playoff Bus! All Aboard!

Who could have ever predicted that? Rubio at 34% from threes and protecting the ball (limiting turnovers) is a helluva weapon. I was ready to move on during the worst stretch of the year, but Im more than happy to have to eat my crow.

What is he this calendar year?

If we can have a 37% Rubio and Mitchell can improve some too...

What is he this calendar year?

If we can have a 37% Rubio and Mitchell can improve some too...
Rubio is shooting .393 (on 3.4 attempts) since January. Averaging 6 assists per game and 14.2 points per game. If THAT’S the Rubio we get full time, it’ll be hard to move on from him. Plus, there’s a chance that he improves even more with a full offseason in Utah like Hayward and Jingles have.

He’s the lifeblood. Found out while he was injured before that Durant doesn’t have the same effect on that team without Curry’s gravity.

Agreed. It's looking like we won't have to deal with Curry or Durant tomorrow though which is nice. I saw a Warriors insider on Sportscenter last night (can't remember his name) and he said the KD told him he'd have to get shot up with painkillers to play right now. The overall vibe of the report gave the impression the Warriors are packing it in for the rest of the regular season and just trying to get everyone healthy for the playoffs.

Warriors are not catching the Rockets and the Blazers are 10 games behind. So they could lose all remaining games and still finish 2nd. What's the point of risking injury to their big 4? They sure learned that lesson with Curry yesterday. They have been massacred by injuries. I'm sure they'll go 100% safe the rest of the regular season.
They probably feel like the 1st round is pretty winnable even with the big 4 playing together for the first time in months. We, of course, expect different.

Rubio is shooting .393 (on 3.4 attempts) since January. Averaging 6 assists per game and 14.2 points per game. If THAT’S the Rubio we get full time, it’ll be hard to move on from him. Plus, there’s a chance that he improves even more with a full offseason in Utah like Hayward and Jingles have.

And how many turnovers?

NO has a really rough schedule left. I expect them to lose 5 and end up with 47-35 or worse.

SA has a rough schedule left. I expect them to lose 5 games and end up 47-35 or worse.

Minny has a pretty easy schedule left in comparison to those two teams but has not been playing as well. I only expect them to lose 3 games. So I think they will finish no better than 48-34.

Jazz have lucked out and I expect them to beat both GS and Boston But we have some hard games left now. We have 9 games left so we really need to finish 6-3 or better to get to 47-35. I would really like to see them get to 48 wins though. I think that will get them in the playoffs comfortably and not be the 8th seed.

Lol.. Why won't they take care of business against the Nuggets?

They might. This race has just shown not to have confidence in any eastern conference teams who don't have much to play for beating one of the ten Western conference teams who are playing at a playoff-level intensity every game.

Jazz have a one game lead on the Nuggets and Denver still has three more away games against playoff teams - Philly, Toronto and OKC. If they drop all 3 of those games while the Jazz pull out wins in their next three (@GSW, and home against Boston and Memphis) and they’re all but guaranteed to get in. This is going to be a critical stretch. Get it done now, and they might be able to help get some guys rest before the playoffs start. Fail, and they’re stuck fighting the rest of the way.

Philly better keep dominating the Northwest lol. Denver needs to start losing some of these road games...

Regarding the Warriors, Curry may not be ready by the start of the first round. Being re-evaluated in 3 weeks doesn't clear him for contact. KD has torn cartilage in his ribs. It's not a small injury. Klay has a broken thumb on his shooting hand and is out another week or two at least.

The Ws are going to be vulnerable in round 1.