What's new

Jazz 2017/18 Playoff Bus! All Aboard!

cavs defense last night.

DXdKtM-WsAAuzRt.jpg
Damn

Yeah, kind of funny that a segment of our population thinks labeling someone an advocate for social justice is an insult.

What does sjw stand for?

Suns @ Hawks going on. Tankorama. Not sure who'll eek out a loss there, to be honest.

Did everyone hear Dallas had 4 on the court against the Bulls? Talk about tanking! And the Bulls didn't score. Although Dallas did get a technical when the 5th player ran onto the court after the rebound.

Yes I tell you! We gonna make the playoff guys!!! :D:D:D:D
261i.jpg

Wouldn’t we win the tiebreaker over the spurs? This shows Jazz and spurs with the same record but spurs with the 6 seed and jazz 7. Jazz are 3-0 against the spurs this year.

Thanks, Ironankle. Is that something you came up with? If so, wow...a lot of work, but it's very informative to look at it. Hope you post an update every 5 games or so.
A few things I noticed:
1. Pelicans show losses at Mavs and at Kings. I think you have to put those in the "W" column. NO should be favored in both games.
2. OKC at Atlanta should be an OKC win.
3. Clippers at Suns should be LAC win.

Some others where you may have favorites as losing, but most are very close. I see Utah as the 8th seed if they make the playoffs What this grid shows is that even if Utah wins all the games they should (and I see @Pelicans and @Pacers as probable losses), Utah is going to have a tough time gaining ground. TBH, I think our best hope is to have SA continue to slide. Minnesota has a tough schedule, but just 9 wins puts them at 47, which Utah probably can't catch.

Wouldn’t we win the tiebreaker over the spurs? This shows Jazz and spurs with the same record but spurs with the 6 seed and jazz 7. Jazz are 3-0 against the spurs this year.
I noticed the same thing, but it's a three-way tie with Denver, SA and Utah in the above scenario, Does that change the dynamics?

I didn't take in consideration the tiebreak because it's to complicated for me to understand all the rules it's why the final standing is not correct but just to show that the jazz can be between 6 to 8 seed, maybe 4 seed!!! I know i too optimistic!

Thanks, Ironankle. Is that something you came up with? If so, wow...a lot of work, but it's very informative to look at it. Hope you post an update every 5 games or so.
A few things I noticed:
1. Pelicans show losses at Mavs and at Kings. I think you have to put those in the "W" column. NO should be favored in both games.
2. OKC at Atlanta should be an OKC win.
3. Clippers at Suns should be LAC win.

Some others where you may have favorites as losing, but most are very close. I see Utah as the 8th seed if they make the playoffs What this grid shows is that even if Utah wins all the games they should (and I see @Pelicans and @Pacers as probable losses), Utah is going to have a tough time gaining ground. TBH, I think our best hope is to have SA continue to slide. Minnesota has a tough schedule, but just 9 wins puts them at 47, which Utah probably can't catch.

Yes I made it with excel =)! Ok i will update it every 5 games. Jack Strop, to show if it's a win or lose, I mark the box with "1" to show what i am thinking. For example, the Pelicans wins at Mavs and Kings, same for OKC at Atlanta, and the clippers wins at Suns too. The "1" for me is like a cross but it was easier to me to put a "1" in order to count the wins ans loses at the end.

I noticed the same thing, but it's a three-way tie with Denver, SA and Utah in the above scenario, Does that change the dynamics?

I would guess that means it would come down to our record vs both of them. We are 3-0 vs SA and what vs Denver?

Jazz just need to take care of business and then wait for a couple of teams to hit an inevitable skid. The margin for error is so slim this year. Playoffs started after the All Star break. Utah needs to cut down on turnovers and eliminate the sloppy play if they want to beat good teams.

I think turnovers will drop once the team has fully adjusted to having lost all of Hood's possessions + when Crowder is more fully gelled + when all the pieces achieve a deeper mind-meld with Ingles (and his increased usage). There were at least 4 or 5 turnovers last night that I think are ascribable to these causes.

IIRC, Golden State led the league in turnovers for a long time. Creative teams turn it over quite a bit as they establish their own force/style of play.

I'm not betting money on the idea that we will decrease our turnover significantly. I just hope they can tighten things up so that they don't have bad turnovers (i.e. those that result in an easy bucket on the other end) and turnovers in crunch time. I can live with the others for a little while.