What's new

Jazz 2017/18 Playoff Bus! All Aboard!

Damn, y'all need to relax. They aren't even playing their hard games yet.

Spurs still plays:
Warriors x2, OKC x2, Rockets x2, Pelicans x2, Wolves, Wash x2 , Utah, Bucks, Clips, Blazers

OKC still plays:
Rockets x2, Spurs x2, Clips, Raptors, Celtics, Blazers, Nuggets, Pelicans, Warriors

Wolves still play:
Celtics, Warriors, Wash, Spurs, Rockets, Clips, Sixers, Utah, Nuggets x2

Nuggets still play:
Cavs, Wash, Sixers, Raptors, OKC, Bucks, Pacers, Wolves x2, Clips, Blazers (Nuggs last 10 games are brutal)

Blazers still play:
Warriors, Cavs, Clips, Rockets x2, Celtics, OKC, Pelicans, Clips, Spurs, Nuggets, Jazz

Pelicans still play:
Clips x2, Wash, Jazz, Spurs x2, Rockets x2, Celtics, Pacers, Blazers, Cavs, OKC Warriors

Clippers still play:
Pelicans x2, Cavs, Rockets, OKC, Blazers x2, Wolves, Bucks x2, Pacers x2, Raptors, Spurs, Jazz, Nuggets

There are a ton of games were the 7 teams directly in front of us play each other. That is a guaranteed loss in favor of the Jazz. One of them will lose. They've had mostly easy teams like the Lakers, Nets and Grizz since the all star break. But fear not. Their gauntlet is coming. Jazz keep winning and they are in, most likely 5th or 6th. I think the Clippers and Spurs are the teams that fall out of the playoffs.

The upcoming road trip will be huge. Pacers, Grizzlies, Pelicans. In particular the Pelicans game, of course. 2-1 would be okay, 1-2 not okay, 0-3 disaster (although it probably takes something special to pry a loss away from Memphis).

Houston @ OKC
Denver @ Dallas
Knicks
@ Blazers
Pelicans @ Lakers
Not entirely unreasonable to hope for some help. Rockets aren't trustworthy, but they are the better team. I doubt Knicks and Mavs can do anything, but Lakers aren't tanking, and could give us a hand at home.

SAS barely beat MEM home. They might be out of the playoffs if they keep this. Their schedule won't help either.

MIN looks lost without Butler, is playing terrible defense. Their remaining schedule has 3 B2Bs. They'll go 6-10 and miss the playoffs.

By the way so far UTA has played 43 teams over .500, 21 under .500

UTA 43 - 21
LAC 33 - 29
DEN 37 - 26
OKC 36 -29
MIN 40 - 26
SAS 34 - 30
NOP 36 - 26
POR 37 - 27

Playing in a tough division does not help obviously. I think UTA will go 13-5 in the remaining games to finish with 47 wins.

3. POR
4. DEN
5. OKC
6. UTA
7. NOP
8. SAS

Damn, y'all need to relax. They aren't even playing their hard games yet.

Spurs still plays:
Warriors x2, OKC x2, Rockets x2, Pelicans x2, Wolves, Wash x2 , Utah, Bucks, Clips, Blazers

OKC still plays:
Rockets x2, Spurs x2, Clips, Raptors, Celtics, Blazers, Nuggets, Pelicans, Warriors

Wolves still play:
Celtics, Warriors, Wash, Spurs, Rockets, Clips, Sixers, Utah, Nuggets x2

Nuggets still play:
Cavs, Wash, Sixers, Raptors, OKC, Bucks, Pacers, Wolves x2, Clips, Blazers (Nuggs last 10 games are brutal)

Blazers still play:
Warriors, Cavs, Clips, Rockets x2, Celtics, OKC, Pelicans, Clips, Spurs, Nuggets, Jazz

Pelicans still play:
Clips x2, Wash, Jazz, Spurs x2, Rockets x2, Celtics, Pacers, Blazers, Cavs, OKC Warriors

Clippers still play:
Pelicans x2, Cavs, Rockets, OKC, Blazers x2, Wolves, Bucks x2, Pacers x2, Raptors, Spurs, Jazz, Nuggets

There are a ton of games were the 7 teams directly in front of us play each other. That is a guaranteed loss in favor of the Jazz. One of them will lose. They've had mostly easy teams like the Lakers, Nets and Grizz since the all star break. But fear not. Their gauntlet is coming. Jazz keep winning and they are in, most likely 5th or 6th. I think the Clippers and Spurs are the teams that fall out of the playoffs.

To add to this... Games left against the tankers (Magic, Hawks, Bulls, Knicks, Grizz, Suns, Mavs, Kings, and Nets cause they're just bad):

Jazz: 6
Wolves: 5
Thunder, Nuggets, Blazers, Pelicans: 4
Clippers: 3
Spurs: 2

The finishing record the Jazz need to overtake opponents if they maintain their established winning percentage (which all of them have been exceeding, but which is going to change).

TEAM Wins Losses %
Rockets 31 (13) 172.22%
Warriors 30 (12) 166.67%
Blazers 15 3 83.33%
Pelicans 14 4 77.78%
Spurs 14 4 77.78%
Wolves 14 4 77.78%
Thunder 13 5 72.22%
Nuggets 12 6 66.67%
Clippers 11 7 61.11%

To add to this... Games left against the tankers (Magic, Hawks, Bulls, Knicks, Grizz, Suns, Mavs, Kings, and Nets cause they're just bad):

Jazz: 6
Wolves: 5
Thunder, Nuggets, Blazers, Pelicans: 4
Clippers: 3
Spurs: 2
It would be nice if jazz get 6 seed, Houston 1, and the the spurs get 8.
If spurs get kawhi, Aldridge healthy in time for playoffs to start it could make for an interesting 1vs8 matchup.

Sent from my SM-J727T using JazzFanz mobile app

We need the Warriors and Rockets to stay close for that #1 seed so they have a reason to play. If they beat the teams in front of us when they play we make the playoffs. Period.

We need the Warriors and Rockets to stay close for that #1 seed so they have a reason to play. If they beat the teams in front of us when they play we make the playoffs. Period.
If the jazz win they make the playoffs. Other teams games mean nothing. They all play each Other so much it really doesn't matter who wins. Jazz just need to win 46 or 47 games.
34 wins right now with 18 left, and a pretty damn good schedule to pick up 12 to 14 more wins
That being said I am gonna root for rockets, warriors, blazers,thunder, and nuggets since I think they all finish ahead of jazz.

Sent from my SM-J727T using JazzFanz mobile app

Until we make up the 2 games in the loss column, we can't afford to lose any game, which means we have to sweep this road trip.

I agree that the Jazz need to keep winning. But the teams ahead of us are gonna get run through the gauntlet the Jazz did.

Pelicans still play:
The Pelicans are 2 games up on us in the loss column. Looking at their remaining schedule, I think it's reasonable to pencil in 2 losses against the Rockets, plus 2 more against the rest. That's four losses; even if we lose to them, we are up 1 in the loss column.

But then we still have to play Indiana on their court and the Pacers are fighting to hold on to the 4th seed. We also have to play a split against GS and an away game against Portland. I don't care how well we are playing, we are going to lose at least one of those (any does anyone believe we are going to run the table against the rest of our schedule?)

We simply can't afford to lose until we make up for those two extra losses we have vs. the Pelicans/Denver/Clippers/OKC/Wolves.

Looking at our remaining schedule 14-4 looks extremely doable. 48-34 wouid get us into the playoffs with room to spare I would think.